The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

jonleeck;603555 said:
an important question!!!!
will he get the sack if he beat the MIGHTLY RED DEVILS?? huh huh:thinking:

manager who thrashed Red Devils 2 seasons ago also gone already.
but any reds manager who beats the devils will always have his stock at that moment rise.
thats why there are still chants at the terraces to reinstate Rafa.

I will not bet against a Rafa return at Anfield, maybe in time for this Sunday?

Man C is boring...... Time to change too.

jonleeck;603560 said:
ok ok.... but honestly i felt for all pool fans(my dad fav team)..really! cos if 1 fine day when SAF retire, we may ended up the same...
BTW will kenny daglish( my fav no7 KING KENNY) like to take over the HOT sit?

Daglish wanted the post before the board chose Hodgson.
Daglish is one for the romantics. A legend, the saviour and one of our most successful managers.
But personally i feel that he is away from management too long,
but then again, who are we to judge him?
Maybe with him at the helm, the players are motivated.
likely Hodgson will be sacked as I suspected he had lost the dressing room and the fans.
and there are legions of romantics like me

Daglish wanted the post before the board chose Hodgson.
u mention he wanted???
i dun really see why!!! may ended up like ( the keegan case!)possible!
cos i dun really see any passion in the REDS, the squad needed a over haul. Can't depend on S/G always to bail them out!

Sigh! can't believe I sacrificed sleep to watch a gunner team fire blanks. Arsenal games rarely end scoreless. We had the possession and the moves but lacked the edge in the box. The damn woodwork was also against us. ManCs defended properly so credit to them for a good job done.

The big winners out of this would be ManU. The draw is the perfect result for them and keeps their two closest challengers away.

Dleo, saw your post.
You have the same thoughts as me. Whilst watching the game and the other scorelines coming in, I was wondering which team will sack their manager first. I think between Liverpool and Chelsea, Hodgson is in a more precarious position. Comparatively, Liverpool's results are worse than Chelsea this season.

Liverpool may not want to make a major decision ahead of the cup tie with ManU this weekend. So for Roy Hodgson, if Liverpool can beat ManU, he will have bought a bit more time. If Liverpool lose again, I think he is out.

After the Blackburn defeat, Hodgson says, "In football you do what you always do. You keep going as best you can, you make certain you try and get over the result, you make certain the next result is a better one and hopefully wipes away the memory, but that's all you can do. Football unfortunately throws up some good moments and bad moments, and when it throws up a bad moment there is no amount of talking that is going to change anything. It'll be the next performance which could change things."

Here's one for you, Roy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-pIwA-E-UY&feature=related]YouTube - The Rock - Prom Queen Quote[/ame]

FA CUP round three.......
MAN U or liverpool??

if liverpool lose, will he get the sack?

My view is that if Liverpool loses to ManU, that would be the final nail in the coffin for Hodgson. If Liverpool wins, some pride has been salvaged and Hodgson would have bought a bit more time for himself. In any case I don't Hodgson can last much longer and if I were a Liverpool fan, I would want him out. He was great at Fulham but a big club like Liverpool with such a good history, deserves someone better.

highbury;603840 said:
My view is that if Liverpool loses to ManU, that would be the final nail in the coffin for Hodgson. If Liverpool wins, some pride has been salvaged and Hodgson would have bought a bit more time for himself. In any case I don't Hodgson can last much longer and if I were a Liverpool fan, I would want him out. He was great at Fulham but a big club like Liverpool with such a good history, deserves someone better.

well said! shld deserves someone better, but who?
I highly doubt King Kenny will be able to turn around the fortune!
is not longer the 4-4-2 days i m afraid.

Man utd might not want to compete in the FA cup hence sending out a weaker team.
Even if Liverpool wins, it means nothing.

The faster they sack hodgson, the better for Liverpool

hitmee;603876 said:
The faster they sack hodgson, the better for Liverpool

Man U has a rich history, especially after all the successes that SAF brought to OT.
and when he retires, good luck to his successor.
in my opionion, maybe only Mourinho can step in with skipping a beat.

so i also feel that the sooner SAF retires, the better for Man U so they wun have to waste time with interim managers.

If Liverpool had to get a new manager, I honestly dunno who should fit the bill. Martin O'Neil maybe? I think he's still out of a job.

dash;603905 said:
Man U has a rich history, especially after all the successes that SAF brought to OT.

so i also feel that the sooner SAF retires, the better for Man U so they wun have to waste time with interim managers.

SAF mentioned he doesnt want to retire because he will be bored to death at home staring at his wife.

highbury;603907 said:
If Liverpool had to get a new manager, I honestly dunno who should fit the bill. Martin O'Neil maybe? I think he's still out of a job.

hey that a good manager for liverpool!!!!

dash;603905 said:

dleo;603908 said:
SAF mentioned he doesnt want to retire because he will be bored to death at home staring at his wife.

hallow hallow...we are talking abt liverpool manager lar......
as for our unbeaten and mightly RED devils........ we will look at Mourinho and pep g only.:p

I used to think Ottmar Hitzfeld and Jose Mourinho are the natural replacements, but I am starting to think David Moyes with Carlos Quiroz as assistant would be a good combo.

Everton's success, wihout much $$$, is a testimony to Moyes's approach.

David Moyes yup i like him too....
but lacking in champion league exp and also lacking winners medals..
Martin O'Neil seem a better fit for united.
As for assistant.. a former red devil is a must!!

David Moyes is a damn good manager given that he has been managing Everton with little $$$.

However, I think that that it would be difficult for him to swap colours at Merseyside. Kinda like George Graham going to manage Spurs. Everybody will feel uneasy.

when SAF retires or dies, i think many applicants for the job.
Steve Bruce, Roy Keane, Mark Hughes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iphone16seriesclickbuy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back