The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

KD losing it?

Liverpool news
Dalglish talks of 'conspiracy'
April 10, 2012
Email Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has questioned the integrity of match officials following a series of perceived injustices against his team and could face an FA charge after suggesting "people might think there is a conspiracy".

GettyImages
Kenny Dalglish: One win in nine games
•Suarez rescues point for Reds
•Dalglish bemons Pool form

Dalglish's comments follow a weekend of controversial decisions in the Premier League, when QPR manager Mark Hughes suggested managers had "lost faith" in officials and Wigan boss Roberto Martinez railed at "disgusting" decisions that allowed Chelsea to score two offside goals against his team.

Liverpool have just one win in their last nine league games but the manager believes that would be different if a number of key decisions had gone in their favour.

Dalglish feels his side should have had a penalty for a foul on Dirk Kuyt in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Aston Villa, that a Luis Suarez goal was incorrectly disallowed for handball in a defeat to Wigan and thet the Reds were denied a penalty in a 2-0 defeat at Newcastle after the ball hit Danny Simpson's upper arm on the line.

"The last three games there are blatant decisions that have gone against us that are, frankly, inexcusable, and I'd say unexplainable as well," said Dalglish.

"I won't raise it with the Referees' Association, I've raised it now, and it's up to them. I think it really should be their concern. I've raised it, and it's up to them now to look at it.

"If they have something like that [the denied Kuyt penalty], a decision that isn't given that is so blatantly wrong - as we have felt in our last three games - then surely it is their problem, not mine."

Speaking ahead of Tuesday night's Premier League match with Blackburn, Dalglish continued: "I know we have integrity, I know we have integrity in bucketloads, but I can't speak for other people and whether they have integrity.

"What we have to do now, is ensure this football club maintains its integrity, that the players keep their integrity, and hope that people elsewhere have some integrity too. They [referees] have to look at themselves and ensure they are seen to have integrity."

Dalglish went on to suggest that for match officials should explain important decisions to managers after matches, and he is not the only Premier League manager to do so.

"The unfortunate thing for this football club in the last three games is that when there are decisions that are wrong - and there will always be decisions that are wrong - then there is never an explanation of why," he said.

"It would be helpful and more transparent if they told us, if they explained the decisions to us, or even just held their hands up and say, 'sorry I got that wrong', and we can see they have integrity. But they never say anything.

"We don't get everything right, do we? So it is understandable they don't either. But a wee bit of respect towards us would help the situation immensely. Otherwise, people might think there is a conspiracy.

"We can't believe that, we can't let it affect us, and take it into the games coming up, because that would damage us. We have to keep going, and ensure it doesn't affect the players.

"If there is something, then somebody needs to tell us, and if there isn't anything, they need to explain it to us a bit better. We just need to keep going, we can't let it get to that, where we think it's a [conspiracy]."

Liverpool , who have an FA Cup semi-final against Everton this weekend, are 16 points off the champions League qualifying places.

to me as a liverpool fan, downing is a bigger disappointment, its true that carroll was over priced but i think he is at the very least trying.

ManU messed it up. Arsenal beat City and gave them an 8 pt lead on a silver platter then the slip on a banana skin Wigan. Now City still have fighting chance.

Arsenal to play Wigan next.

disappointing but expected...man u performance at qpr wasn't really fantastic..its will be a nail-biting n ugly fight for the top till next month

how come no Man U frens say that SAF purposely lose wan?
lose next 2 games, win remaining games, still champion wat.

make life more exciting.

Man C has less time to rest before next match, so it will be Man C's turn to lose or draw followed by a Man Utd win the following day. Mancini will then concede that the BPL title race is virtually over.

That very inspiring!

Manchester United rocks!

Man u rocked by We干 last nite.....

I think Liverpool gonna focus all out for the FA Cup. If they can win it then at least the will have two cups this season to make up for the poor league position. Amongst the four teams left for the FA Cup, Liverpool should have the best chance, Chelsea may be distracted by Champions League and racing for fourth.

I hope Spurs dont win.

man city 2-0 up against norwich. fingers crossed, Manu will hopefully prevail against aston villa tomorrow......

As a Manu fan, we need Rooney to rekindle his fire and perform again; IMHO he has been pretty poor in his all-round play despite his goals. Hernandez and welbeck clearly not finished articles yet

We are in the finals!
Chelsea or Spurs will be tough opponents.

our toughest opponent so far was Everton, Man U was easiest. :roll: yawn.

dash;794133 said:
We are in the finals!

20>18 yawn!
11 far cups >5 yawn.

Oh please dun mention at yr 5time euro ok?
Add up all majors we still win hands down.yawn.

dash;794133 said:
We are in the finals!

Congratulations!

TLP....:shhhh:

ryoung1;794110 said:
man city 2-0 up against norwich. fingers crossed, Manu will hopefully prevail against aston villa tomorrow......

Man U needs to win to maintain the 5 point lead........

Arsenal lost to Wigan. Sian!
Wigan fighting for their survival. They beat a few top teams. Bogey team

Roberto Mancini, "I probably expect us to lose to Manchester United. Their players are used to playing under pressure every year. But we don't have any pressure as we have no chance of winning..... I'm standing by what I said. We are still three points behind. I'm smiling because we can finish well this season. Congratulations to Sir Alex for his season and his title!" Mind games. Solid farker.

winner takes all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back