The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Re: The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

timechaser;298587 said:
P.S. Centu - need to correct you: you said "at least for straightline pulls". Given the all the technical gubbins (AWD, downforce, weight distribution etc.) I think this will be true even for corners:nehnehhh: . Remember reading somewhere that the faster the car goes, the more downforce (and grip possibly) it generates.

Sorry I have to stay my line at least before I drive this car for real.

Many have commented that the GT5 Prologue simulation of the GTR is legendary.

So I have played it extensively. Remembering always that GRIP and HANDLING are not to be confused, this car GRIPS well but when it runs outta grip it reverts to what it pretends it is not, which is a heavy heavy car. It ploughs into understeer, and its weight causes great momentum which makes it slow to recover once you run outta grip.

But with your torque you can quickly accelerate and make up with where you fell behind.

centurion;298593 said:
Sorry I have to stay my line at least before I drive this car for real.

Many have commented that the GT5 Prologue simulation of the GTR is legendary.

So I have played it extensively. Remembering always that GRIP and HANDLING are not to be confused, this car GRIPS well but when it runs outta grip it reverts to what it pretends it is not, which is a heavy heavy car. It ploughs into understeer, and its weight causes great momentum which makes it slow to recover once you run outta grip.

But with your torque you can quickly accelerate and make up with where you fell behind.

Your argument makes a lot of sense. Lets wait to have a drive! :)

Nevertheless... never ever been this excited about any car in my life!

timechaser;298587 said:
In short - you get all kinds! I believe the GTR is not, by a mile, going to be uncommon on Singapore roads given the pricing by the PIs. Why? On normal pricing in the global market, it is competing against cars twice its price in terms of performance. In its own bracket, it wipes the floor with everything. In Singapore, given the keen pricing by several PIs, it is even better! There is NOTHING which comes even remotely close. I could not have afforded to buy a 911, or a Cayman S if I were looking for a performance car! But the GTR makes it eminently affordable... one of the first cars where I can say it makes sense economically!!!
Congrats on ur new ride. What u said is very true. It makes me think why do I need to pay so much for for cars that give less of almost everything (power, handling, looks...) vs GTR, except maybe for the badge.

hoks;298649 said:
Congrats on ur new ride. What u said is very true. It makes me think why do I need to pay so much for for cars that give less of almost everything (power, handling, looks...) vs GTR,.

Thanks!

hoks;298649 said:
except maybe for the badge.

That, sir, would make you a whore... a badge whore. :lol2:

U will be chasing time easily when u r drivng that car..

could you kindly PM me PI details as well as pricing ?

Cheers !

You can look Alf up on the sgevoclub forum

Alf is in the sgevoclub :)

He even posted his phone number in NAGTROC ;)

well doggie - any issues, and i am going to bother you anyways so no use looking for other people's phone numbers ;)

Alf's the one with the translated menus :)

unfortunately it's in Office 2007 format which I can't read!

Send it to me - have Office 2007 at home, so will save as Office 2003 and mail them back to you :)

Send them over soon though - curious to see what they look like! Maybe can turn them into a nice graphic ;)

Depends on what you want... different dealers have their pros and cons!

rex7_vtec;300980 said:
Ok so who's a good dealer to speak to regarding the GTR?

First Automobile has 2 cars coming in next week. Ask Patrick. And added 3 year 60k km warranty. 2 PIs I spoke to recently only offered 1 year

price wise? does anyone have a list of the cheapest to the most expensive PIs to buy from?

louis;301055 said:
price wise? does anyone have a list of the cheapest to the most expensive PIs to buy from?

I guess it all depends on the OMV for the car ... I believe it ranges from as low as $60+k all the way to $116K which Tan Chong is bringing theirs in for ... totally crazy :confused:

nAuTiLuS^;301061 said:
I guess it all depends on the OMV for the car ... I believe it ranges from as low as $60+k all the way to $116K which Tan Chong is bringing theirs in for ... totally crazy :confused:

yes, i realise that.... lower OMV is fine by me, as long as sticker price is appropriately lower as well.... Tan Chong quoted me $334k iirc...

The other factor has to do with after sales support.

Some companies are charging a premium for that. This could be in the form of a substitute package that mimics Nissan's High Performance Center service cycle regimes in Japan including access to diagnostic tools from third party tuner companies etc.

Some will also provide reasonable warranty coverage for modifications. As I am looking for a speedcut remover, this is an area that concerns me a lot. Some dealers use "mods" as a way to weasel out of warranty claims.

And of course, it also helps if the PI has access to Nissan trained engineers/resources. I am personally hoping for a way to get the damn MFD in English :p but that might probably have to wait for either the UK or Australia releases (RHD configs)

DoggieHowser;301080 said:
I am personally hoping for a way to get the damn MFD in English :p but that might probably have to wait for either the UK or Australia releases (RHD configs)

yeah, MFD in english would be nice too... does the current JDM version's gps work locally?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back