The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

Re: The (Prospective) GTR Owners Thread

JasonKuan;301477 said:
Guys FYI: Tan Chong Motor call me up today to view the GTR, they had finally decided to bring in the car. The demo car is right now at the warehouse, therefore I will be heading down to view the car next friday (coming back Sg on thursday - I think can view earlier). You guys might want to go down to Bukit Timah showroom (give them a call as I do not know if it is going to be in the showroom) on working hours if possible, as the SE mentioned I can view the car anytime during office hours.

I blieve previous posts mentioned that it is not from TC officially but a subsidary. Last I enquired that car is not at BT anymore .......

ulysses;301497 said:
A checklist may be useful for all propsective owners:

Please add on:

JDM GTR check list:

• English Manual for car settings (from the ever helpful ALF!! :)
  • VX ROM ECU (speed limiter / remap)
    • Install in Japan
    • 1st automobile
    • ? ST and other
  • Radio recalibration for local station
  • Blue tooth pairing for mobile
  • Exhaust swap
  • Hyper LEDs
  • Rear Camera
  • AV Cable adapters (e.g. IPod)

Other suggestions for maintenance / mods:

• Your personal PI
  • ?GR, ST, MM (They have resident GTRs for further mods)
  • Autofurbishing centre (Tan Chong’s subsidiary)

Everything else is fine, but I doubt that Hyper LEDs, Cable Adaptors and Reversing Cameras are a must for everyone. The LED is just a look thing - some like it, some dont so dont assume just because a car has them, it will be better. It is mandatory in europe where you need daytime running lights, but in Singapore? Forget it...

Similar for reverse camera - same job can be done with an aftermarket reversing sensor - PROPERLY INSTALLED! I have used these before countless times earlier and am perfectly happy. AV Cables - unless you need these to transfer music to the music box - again, perfunctory to an extent.

So please stop sounding as if your choice of options is the best for every buyer out there.

Just my two penny worth. Mine's coming in without any of these - everything will be done later... custom if possible.

timechaser;301503 said:
Everything else is fine, but I doubt that Hyper LEDs,
Similar for reverse camera - same job can be done with an aftermarket reversing sensor - PROPERLY INSTALLED! I have used these before countless times earlier and am perfectly happy.

Apparently the GTR has built in hidden park sensors :)

nAuTiLuS^;301515 said:
Apparently the GTR has built in hidden park sensors :)

timechaser;301503 said:
Just my two penny worth. Mine's coming in without any of these - everything will be done later... custom if possible.

you can even get the original's custom fitted later if you choose .. the issue is where to get the originals. If you happen to be in Japan, or you know someone who lives there, you can pick up the original Hyper LED, AV Cable and Rear Reversing Camera for a little under S$2.4k.

Just need to find a workshop here to install them ... from what i've seen, the installation looks pretty simple and straight forward that most workshops should be able to handle it ..

:)

The AV cables are pretty easy to hook up. It's in the storage compartment that also doubles up as the arm rest between the front seats. And you shd be able to plug that into a DVD player or ipod video dock.

The connectors are proprietary... but the AV cables that alf got should hook directly into them and the other end are bog standard composite video + stereo RCA.

timechaser;301503 said:
Everything else is fine, but I doubt that Hyper LEDs, Cable Adaptors and Reversing Cameras are a must for everyone. The LED is just a look thing - some like it, some dont so dont assume just because a car has them, it will be better. It is mandatory in europe where you need daytime running lights, but in Singapore? Forget it...

Similar for reverse camera - same job can be done with an aftermarket reversing sensor - PROPERLY INSTALLED! I have used these before countless times earlier and am perfectly happy. AV Cables - unless you need these to transfer music to the music box - again, perfunctory to an extent.

So please stop sounding as if your choice of options is the best for every buyer out there.

Relax Bro, it is an attempted list (not a MUST) of complete options for fellow owners. Mine is coming without most of the suggested as well.... if there is nothing better to say, then dont

Just sat in 2 of my friend's GT-Rs ... Its farking fast i swear .. Woohoo! ... even my ex 500+hp evo doesnt come close :) ....

Black Edition + BOSE + LED + Reverse Cam + Moody Illumination + Curtain Airbags ( cos i kiasi ) would look great yah ?? :)

Ok laydeez and gentlemen, the manuals which Alf made are available on the web! PDF format so everyone can use :)

Alf - hope you dont mind!!! Please Please thank Alf where ever you pass this on! The man has put in serious work! Kudos ;)

these Zip files - turn into 8 files!

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Always remember - Alf put in the hard work. I am just a messenger ;)

Oh and my personal thanks to Doggie for getting me pmed :p

I hate acceptance speeches!

alfcanada;301531 said:
you can even get the original's custom fitted later if you choose .. the issue is where to get the originals. If you happen to be in Japan, or you know someone who lives there, you can pick up the original Hyper LED, AV Cable and Rear Reversing Camera for a little under S$2.4k.

Just need to find a workshop here to install them ... from what i've seen, the installation looks pretty simple and straight forward that most workshops should be able to handle it ..

:)

That's exactly what I plan to do later on! :)

DoggieHowser;301575 said:
The AV cables are pretty easy to hook up. It's in the storage compartment that also doubles up as the arm rest between the front seats. And you shd be able to plug that into a DVD player or ipod video dock.

The connectors are proprietary... but the AV cables that alf got should hook directly into them and the other end are bog standard composite video + stereo RCA.

Correction Doggie ... the AV Cable hookup is slightly more complicated than that .. its' in the front dash and you gotta remove a small cover and hook it up to a cable located behind the dash.

The download plugs in the middle armrest are for something else .. .including the CARWINGS Phone adaptor .... cheers!

alf

Here's another link. This time an excel with the menu hierarchies. For the videos - go to Youtube and search for AlfCanada.

When you click on the Rapidshare Links, scroll down and click on the "FREE" button. Then wait for the ticket to be processed and click on the link available to download.

If you have trouble unzipping the files - download 7zip (is free).

Have fun!

Cheers
And Tonnes of thanks to Alf.

Just wondering, all owners of GTRs, do u intend to track or just use it as a daily driver?

For me - Daily Driver. I know some others who are in the same boat too. Might track a couple of times, but otherwise it will just be a daily driver.

For pure track use, I would imagine (a thread on here a short while back) - the GTR might be too heavy and too expensive perhaps!

What abt you?

centurion;301729 said:
Here's a review from a japan guy: NO TEST DRIVES FOR GTR ... LOL

Nissan GTR Testdrive - The Cayman Club

There is a test drive. But there is a huge backlog, as you can expect because the car is so new.

Doesn't this guy speak Japanese? All he had to do was ask.

DoggieHowser;301848 said:
There is a test drive. But there is a huge backlog, as you can expect because the car is so new.

Doesn't this guy speak Japanese? All he had to do was ask.
I think he speaks fluent Japanese, and this no-test-drive may be a new policy given the shortage ... not by Nissan but by dealers???

You can even sign up for the test drive online :)

timechaser;301824 said:
For me - Daily Driver. I know some others who are in the same boat too. Might track a couple of times, but otherwise it will just be a daily driver.

For pure track use, I would imagine (a thread on here a short while back) - the GTR might be too heavy and too expensive perhaps!

What abt you?

Me? Hv not decided if I want one...:) Saw the car for the first time in the flesh yesterday @ AML, very very tempted. But since I do not track and the average speed in my current ride reads 30+kmh...so am wondering what do I do with all the 480hp....

Anyway there is a PI with stock on hand @ AML....

Think you are talking about Auto Sportique. Last I talked to them (yday), they said it was sold.

Or do you have someone else?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back