The way TPs makes safety a concern

Re: The way TPs makes safety a concern

The point of the thread is about the white ants being a distraction especially when they are on a bridge. Drivers can't help but look even for the safe driver who suddenly realize that the speed limit dropped and there is a bloke in white up there. Every week there's a white ant on a bridge near vivo. Then there's the one at farrer (already mentioned in this thread) and the one on the toa payoh pie stretch, the one at wheelock place ...... All these places have weird speed limits.

chershen;963207 said:
Sorry RBB, I thought this thread is an oxymoron itself... )=

shouldn't we stick to the speed limits and at the same time, don't stick too close to the car in front?

peace...

one on the overhead bridge at expo.... 60km/h....
slow slow slow... use the autocruise...

Oilman;963254 said:
TP should learn from Malaysian polis. They don't need to hide with any cameras to spot errant drivers. They just pull you over on the NSH and say, "Oh you were $peeding - 122kph."

Cutting-edge telepathic radar gun.

They actually sit behind the rail fence (along the first toll before pasir gudang) with the camera facing the back of your car when you go past, not the front. Which is why you cannot see the reflection off the lens of the camera. I found it weird to when they stopped me and they got the speed pretty darn accurate... i thought they stopped the car by make and model but apparently the next time i travelled at 100kmh throughout, they didnt stop me. I saw them a few times hence the conclusion. Their 'camo" is indeed a top flighted team

Nowadays a lot of people like to stand on overhead bridge to talk, to admire the scenery, sometimes even take photo. Last time also to smoke, but now this has been banned.

*#$%$($A$**@#

C3P0;963398 said:
Nowadays a lot of people like to stand on overhead bridge to talk, to admire the scenery, sometimes even take photo. Last time also to smoke, but now this has been banned.

*#$%$($A$**@#

ya... sometime nearly got heart attack ... *#$%$($A$**@#

Just keep a safe distance. I think the tp are doing what they can to enforce the law. You cant blame the tp for ppl who drive stupidly. Unfortunately in sg the police patrol car will not do anything even if they spot dangerous driving so tp is overworked. If you guys have a better way to stop ppl who are speeding why not share with the tp. I m sure they have selected the area based on stats of accidents or speeding.

No law. Same thing as after you went 120kmh on ECP, a guy on a white bike with 2 boxes at the side with a white helmet come towards you in your wing mirror and then go pass you.

Meek;963754 said:
Got law against that??

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;963769 said:
No law. Same thing as after you went 120kmh on ECP, a guy on a white bike with 2 boxes at the side with a white helmet come towards you in your wing mirror and then go pass you.

i bet if you see a girl wearing a white top on a rainy day your heartbeat increases too..

I was stopped at a tp block at mandai many years back. It was 3am n the road is practically deserted. Strategical? Nope, but practical ($$$ wise) coz every car that went that way was travelling above speed limit of a ridiculous 70km/h..... A van was stopped after me n was heard pleading with the officers for travelling at 85km/h.... No plea was considered. Officer asked me why I sped, I simply said, heard this stretch got ghost, so gotta get outta here fast..... Went to court to pay fine n 12 demerit points. There were at least a hundred people waiting in court with minimum $900 fines.... Verdict=100 times $900 (some a few k, eg drink driving, no licence) a day...

diablo_728;963763 said:
Just keep a safe distance. I think the tp are doing what they can to enforce the law. You cant blame the tp for ppl who drive stupidly. Unfortunately in sg the police patrol car will not do anything even if they spot dangerous driving so tp is overworked. If you guys have a better way to stop ppl who are speeding why not share with the tp. I m sure they have selected the area based on stats of accidents or speeding.
increase the speed limit ???

Did anyone travel on ECP towards Changi this morning? There were two TP officers holding speed cameras under the flyover at Tanjong Katong exit. They look so damn engrossed and dedicated in their work that they didn't know just less than 1 km down the highway, there was a long jam due to a 4 vehicle chain collision with a motorbike pinned under a car and not a single TP or ambulance in sight.

TP knows their priorities well I give u that...

MW;967396 said:
Did anyone travel on ECP towards Changi this morning? There were two TP officers holding speed cameras under the flyover at Tanjong Katong exit. They look so damn engrossed and dedicated in their work that they didn't know just less than 1 km down the highway, there was a long jam due to a 4 vehicle chain collision with a motorbike pinned under a car and not a single TP or ambulance in sight.

Uh oh. Din see them and din see the accident. Wot time was this?

About 8am... I noticed the TP too late but heng I was going at 91-92km/hr...

I think this is a major problem with the way many zheng hu departments work - short term KPI blinding the bigger mission statement.

If short term KPI says catch speeding or illegal mods, you can be sure you could be bleeding to death and someone will still put the emergency line on hold or transfer it 46 times.

MW;967405 said:
About 8am... I noticed the TP too late but heng I was going at 91-92km/hr...

Ok. I zoom zoom zoomed... abt 10.30. Hopeful finished and went for tea.

They are like that ....... when my car flipped and landed upside down ...... I crawled out to see a TP who told me to direct traffic.

MW;967396 said:

Red_Bean_Bun;967458 said:
They are like that ....... when my car flipped and landed upside down ...... I crawled out to see a TP who told me to direct traffic.

what??!!!! isnt that their job.

Meek;967494 said:
what??!!!! isnt that their job.
their job is to clock fines, increase revenue ... and get promoted or incentives .. also looking sart sart ...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae888nnet1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back