Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

egg2

Hi all, jus collected my F30 today & would like to share my accidental find...
Aft car s/down & was trying to wind up all windows w the comfort access lock sensor on the front door handles. Usual single split sec touch will lock all doors w key in closeby proxomity. Holding down the same area for longer periods, the windows wound up (expected) but WING MIRRORS FOLDED TOO. ;) repeated tries to hold down lock sensor proved successful to repeat folding mirror trick.

Ok, may get flak for this but lets say i m not the kinda owner to read thru the entire manual looking for such stuff. Hence am starting this thread to keep a list of "sart-sart tricks" one can accomplish w simple touches on a stock F30. Keep them ideas flowing.

Cheers.

Re: Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Sun roof also closes

Red_Bean_Bun;1036123 said:
Have you tried holding the lock button for 5 seconds ?

Yes mirror fold function works w key lock button too.

What about voice command? Actually quite useful when tuning to radio or browsing through particular page on the display.

I also remembered from manual, after engine shut off, you pull the high beam lever, your headlight will illuminate for 20sec, which is configurable.

One question from me is, the tyre pressure warning function, is it to warn you of a flat tyre or simply a reminder to pump air to your tyre?

I still can't get the kick boot to open. 50% of the time it didn't quite work for me

There's a aux 12V lighter socket in the pax footwell just below glove compt nearer to center console.
Located this when i wanted to conceal the car camera & TPMS wirings. (more updates on this in my "F30 mod today" #2364)

Last edited by a moderator:

I had the same issue in the beginning. Now I kick at an upwards angle... moving my foot closer to bumper... works every time.

supposed you guys tried the programmable fan to fan-blow car in hot day?
love the Bluetooth phone also! But too bad cannot play songs on phone via car speakers

songs on the phone can be played through the car speakers...there is bluetooth streaming...

Brother, try to centre your feet and move swiftly under the boot and pull out immediately. It works 9 out of 10 times for me.

jus move ur foot under the rear bumper for abt 1 sec then return back... I have a 90%+ successful rate... hehe... :)

pulsar88;1040558 said:
supposed you guys tried the programmable fan to fan-blow car in hot day?
love the Bluetooth phone also! But too bad cannot play songs on phone via car speakers

You can go under the multimedia selection on the iDrive menu. If you've already paired your phone then you should be able to find your phone there. Then can play music from the phone on the car speakers via streaming.

Works for the iPhone atleast with no issues.

You can pair up to 4 phones i believe. But you can only use one phone at a time.

After switching off engine, press the start/stop button again, then hold up the wiper lever for a few seconds. The wiper will wipe once and then come to rest at the up position. I do this whenever I washing the car. To bring wiper down, press the start/stop button once and press the wiper lever down once. The wiper will move to down position.

The battery is located in the boot! On the right side remove the panel to access the battery.

The tray covering the cup holder can be removed and place inside the glove compartment. At the top of the glove compartment, there is a netting that is meant to hold the tray.

When the door is open, the auto window will only work for down but not up! I wonder why this is so.

I removed the door panel to do some sound proofing. After fixing back, could not get the auto window to move up and thought I broke it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back