Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Re: Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

ojsi;1059696 said:
The passenger side wing mirror swings down when you put the car in reverse.

But it only does so when the wing mirror adjustment tab is switched to the driver's side.

Now I know why it did not swing down at times. Thanks!

Google Maps Navigation on my iphone is piped through the car speakers (music is muted) when paired using bluetooth.

My virgin contribution to this thread... do you know you can now do postal code search (yes full 6 digit, not the 2 digit crap) using BMW Line/Online and transfer it to your car nav for navigation? :)

Google Local Search was put to sleep, in place the new search engine (Online Search?) is based on the normal google map search result, which include full postal code search.

And this should work on all BMW models that have BMW Live/Online & Navigation, so not restricted to just F30 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

How to set up internet connection on i drive.?

lf37;1043619 said:
You can pair up to 4 phones i believe. But you can only use one phone at a time.

You should be able to have 2 phone paired and active concurrently, but can only make outgoing call from the main phone. For incoming call, any of the 2 phone that ring, you can answer.

Don't know what will happen if both paired phone ring together.. hahaha

Hi Kon, can u please elaborate more how to search the add using 6 digit postal code? I find this very useful. Thanks for sharing

ngalan;1059838 said:
Hi Kon, can u please elaborate more how to search the add using 6 digit postal code? I find this very useful. Thanks for sharing

As I said above, you need to have BMW Live/Online (does not come as Standard option on PML/MA car, need to code to activate this feature).

To do search, launch BMW Live/Online from your iDrive, then select Online Search, then just input whatever you want to search... 6 digit postal code... company name... basically the result is the same as what you see on google map on your web browser.

Once you found the postal code/address, you'll get an option to "Navigate there", then it'll just transfer the result to your Navigation.

Thanks bro, question now is to activate the BMW line/online haha

ngalan;1059866 said:
Thanks bro, question now is to activate the BMW line/online haha

Make fren with the right people, it's a 10-15 min job (provided you have the right hardware in place already)... else is visit site sponsor for "coding" services.

Thanks Kon, good/right fren like u hard to come by these days.....

ngalan;1059873 said:
Thanks Kon, good/right fren like u hard to come by these days.....

???????!!!!?????????

ojsi;1059696 said:
The passenger side wing mirror swings down when you put the car in reverse.

But it only does so when the wing mirror adjustment tab is switched to the driver's side.

Thanks Bro!!! now my E90 mirror swing down tooooo... Tks for sharing!!!

pulsar88;1049699 said:
The other day, I left car with engine n aircon on cos someone inside. Locked door to buy Sth, came back 2 min later, engine off automatically? How to leave it running?
Happy New Year to all! Anyone managed to find out a way to leave engine n aircon running for passengers while driver gets out of car to run errand for a few minutes? Thanks

It can be coded out .....

pulsar88;1060031 said:
Happy New Year to all! Anyone managed to find out a way to leave engine n aircon running for passengers while driver gets out of car to run errand for a few minutes? Thanks

More features "discovered"

1) There is a toolbox behind the rear right lamp. Need to lift up a plastic cover. It contains .... one Philips screwdriver and a tow hook. It sits above the battery.

2) Electronic seat adjustment includes up/down and tilt forward/backward. Makes use of the forward/backward lever.

The tire sealant and inflation kit is missing. I suppose it does not come standard.

Hi Guys,

Have been driving my 316i sport for a couple of months now, realised that the brake dust on my rims reappear just 2 to 3 days after washing. Quite a thick layer. I somehow feel that the brake dusts seems too much more than I expect. Anyone else facing the same issue or it's just normal! Appreciate the advise

Thanks

richielim29;1060130 said:
Hi Guys,

Have been driving my 316i sport for a couple of months now, realised that the brake dust on my rims reappear just 2 to 3 days after washing. Quite a thick layer. I somehow feel that the brake dusts seems too much more than I expect. Anyone else facing the same issue or it's just normal! Appreciate the advise

Thanks

Same here. Can wash off with normal car wash, but takes quite a bit of time. Bought the BMW wheel cleaner. Just spray and hose off. Haven't tried yet.

Oem pads for conti cars generate quite a fair bit of dust in general.
Got to do with their "save the planet-enviro friendly" thingy perhaps.
Bmw wheel cleaner is son@x brand iirc. Do not spray on hot wheel / brake (caution)
Works relatively well but little scrub required still.
Best bet is go for dark / black colour rims

ojsi;1060046 said:
More features "discovered"

2) Electronic seat adjustment includes up/down and tilt forward/backward. Makes use of the forward/backward lever.

My up/ down, forward/ back are all electronic. Another electronic button to tighten/ loosen the back support. What lever are you referencing? Thanks.

Mine doesn't come with back support adjustment.

The forward-backward lever has 3 axis of adjustment.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nguyenvanhung

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back