Thinking of the 523i

Re: Thinking of the 523i

Thanks for the quick tip. By the way, did you guys heard of any additional features the the coming facelift for the e60 and when will it be.

I guess it better to save the $$ on the L7 and get a 3rd party sound sys.....

Leonwei said:
Thanks for the quick tip. By the way, did you guys heard of any additional features the the coming facelift for the e60 and when will it be.

I guess it better to save the $$ on the L7 and get a 3rd party sound sys.....

Dun think there will be any real facelift soon but the standard options are more now
-NAV
-sport mode on higher cc variants
-comfort access (ie. keyless entry; push button start..)

AFS; DD and sport suspension a must hor!

if you want to go all the way and gadget flicks
-HUD is cool
- soft door close (just like the 7) - I think will only be available mid 2006. the wife n kids will love this
- maybe the new angel eyes ala e90

My partner just bought a 523i one month ago and said.... his only regret with the new BM is - there's no cruise control.

Some of you might not use it but I always use the CC in my E46 when there is a clear road ahead even when I travels at the speed of 70 - 80 km/h.

In term of power for the 523i, when it hit 3000 rpm.....it's effortless. For $169K with 3% rebate - it's sure good value for monies!

Your partner bought the 523i for $169k, may i know from which showrm and the sales rep. And at that price was it for the std stuffs did you get any freebies.
Cos looking for a 'nice' sale rep who is not out to kill... After wat zag say its really rubbing in.
Lookking forward to the 530i. Will wait and see if there is any changes in the facelift if any.
Thank for the advice zag....

Hi,

Had the chance of testing both the 523 and the 325 today....as my Mrs is getting the 523...
Tested the 325 1st....brought the car to South BV road, through some hard twisties...my 1st impression...power...nothing to shout about...engine not as smooth as the 5....moving off like tortise...but mid range is good.....but what the car really excels is through the twisties....Wow wow wow...even my E46 with PSS and UCC anti-roll bars could not match the stock handling of the E90....it goes round corners like the main objective if its existance is just to do that....I think there is nothing much u can do with the E46's suspension to keep up with the E90....and I think it really boils down to the 25% stiffer chassis....But other than that, internal is really bare to the bone....leather seat really thin and does not offer much comfort....and my Mrs do not like it....cos women dun appreciate good handling cars....after that, we tested the 523....interior much more elagant than the 3...more features and comfort...bigger.....better seats....better quality plastics...quieter....power? not much difference, IMO...though on specs is alomst 30 hp difference...but when pushing through corners, I miss the 325....no fight at all....but on its own, of course its one of the better handling cars around....

So in short, if its handling and driving dynamics you want, get the 3...if its every other things that u will ever need from a car, less the best handling u can get, 5 is the obvious choice....both cars cost almost the same....
Let me choose? hmmm, I would take the 5, and mode the suspension...and hopefully, I can approach the territory of the 3 in terms of handling....

sorry for the long post....

Leonwei said:
Your partner bought the 523i for $169k, may i know from which showrm and the sales rep. And at that price was it for the std stuffs did you get any freebies.
Cos looking for a 'nice' sale rep who is not out to kill... After wat zag say its really rubbing in.
Lookking forward to the 530i. Will wait and see if there is any changes in the facelift if any.
Thank for the advice zag....

Hi Leonwei,

Sorry for the late reply, i was away and when I came back, my partner also went away - fyi, he bought the 523iA at $167K after rebate end of Sept 05.

** His car came with the 'reverse sensor & fog lamp'

Hi Leonwei,
I think the price just went up last week. I got mine just before the price increase at $170 before 3% rebate. Sales rep I had (Viola) was absolutely great.

BZSAB said:
Hi Leonwei,
I think the price just went up last week. I got mine just before the price increase at $170 before 3% rebate. Sales rep I had (Viola) was absolutely great.

For 170K did you get the 3-yr service deal?

Yes! My deal includes the 3-yr all inclusive service package. Sales rep was nice to throw some freebies too.

Btw, I saved a little more $ by not going with PML's in-house insurance. I was able to get equivalent coverage at a much lower rate.

BZSAB said:
Yes! My deal includes the 3-yr all inclusive service package. Sales rep was nice to throw some freebies too.

Btw, I saved a little more $ by not going with PML's in-house insurance. I was able to get equivalent coverage at a much lower rate.

Wow that's a great deal. I got mine for 180K at the end of August, also with the 3-yr service package and before rebate and I thought I bargained hard for it already. Please introduce your SE to me. Thanks.

I also got my new 523 around 170K before rebate. My SE is really good as well... I guess they need to be right? in order to sell the car. :)

wanted to add in the M Sports kit, but was quoted about 9K. gosh and if you go to PML website, it is just approx 5K... so what gives...

Thanks ppl for the infor. :)

I just read off the wed that samsung has a new moblie that can be connected to the iDrive for the mid-2006 e60. Just like the iPod.

So will wait to then to see if PML is doing anything abt it. cos its an offical partnership btw BMW & Samaung.

dunnoe if this is still the case,but since no one mentioned, my dad's 523 has no boot release lever, only way to open boot is through the key.
Ridiculous.

Surely, it must be possible to retrofit the boot release lever. If you look carefully at the driver's seat footwell on the right hand side, there is a small notch where the boot release button is usually installed and this is the same place where it is located on the Z4 as well.

Anyone who have had any experience retrofitting this boot release button? Could be a lot more advantageous to have it considering that most office buildings require to check your boot before you drive in (if you are not a tenant) and if you don't want them fiddling to find the boot release lever on the underside of the boot.

/ Jericho

bravojs said:
dunnoe if this is still the case,but since no one mentioned, my dad's 523 has no boot release lever, only way to open boot is through the key.
Ridiculous.

I remember sales rep telling me that there are no boot release from inside the car and release can only be activate via key and externally via a sensor above the license plate. Note that all doors must be unlocked before boot can be opened. Took me awhile to know this

hi,
got my 523i for 169k.did not take the bait for that 3% rabate/loan and end up paying more for the car thru interest.just not worth it.

i am running on acs type iv 18 with ps2.good performance but rather noisy roaring sound.comfort same as the 17 runflats.

i did think about 525..same 2497cc and the diff in horses 40bhp.but for 44k diff.

decided to save that money and put it into mods maybe one day they will be be able to add a few more horses.

any body thinking about orbit/hiop/ dms.does any one know when is rob young coming to sg and what can be done to a 523i

oh mike at ubi offered m5 kit for 4.5k for any one interested(not me)

all advice welcome
TIA

hi sds,

if ur seriously interested in the M5 kit still... think u should try mic from B.M motorwerks
should be cheaper than 4.5k... saw them doing up a M5 kit for a E60 while i was there doing my car... looks damn good! they paint job skills really good too... !!!

anyway back to modding more power to ur 523... how much is it to mod it up by 40bhp more by aftermarket means...??

good luck on ur mods..... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U888ink
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back