Time to change suspension for E60

stektan

Hi,

Just came back from a trip to Malaysia and realised that I need to change my suspension. Had 3 passengers + me and could feel the painful spring screeches over road humps and holes. Anyone knows if the Koni FSD are good investments? I just wanna change the suspension and keep the original springs. Might even consider original suspension if price difference is too high. Any suggestions bros?

Re: Time to change suspension for E60

stektan;552583 said:
Hi,

Just came back from a trip to Malaysia and realised that I need to change my suspension. Had 3 passengers + me and could feel the painful spring screeches over road humps and holes. Anyone knows if the Koni FSD are good investments? I just wanna change the suspension and keep the original springs. Might even consider original suspension if price difference is too high. Any suggestions bros?

Have you considered KW street comfort? Quite a good investment.

stektan;552583 said:
Hi,

Koni FSD is good.............

cheers

Ok thanks bros...just want a suspension that will hopefully last the rest of life for the car (2 -3 years). The last time I changed to coil-overs for my previous car, had to change every 1 - 1.5 years! Didn;t know change to aftermarket can be so painful one!

stektan;552598 said:
Ok thanks bros...just want a suspension that will hopefully last the rest of life for the car (2 -3 years). The last time I changed to coil-overs for my previous car, had to change every 1 - 1.5 years! Didn;t know change to aftermarket can be so painful one!

what was the issues you faced? Care to share?

most probably wear and tear ba. if the car is often full load and travel through bumpy roads (again often), it gives a lot of stress to the coilover. coilover got taiwan/japan/usa/europe made, entry/medium/high level, so various life-span lor.

wolf73;552610 said:
what was the issues you faced? Care to share?

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;552652 said:
most probably wear and tear ba. if the car is often full load and travel through bumpy roads (again often), it gives a lot of stress to the coilover. coilover got taiwan/japan/usa/europe made, entry/medium/high level, so various life-span lor.

OK thanks wt_know. I understand now. :thinking:

1-1 1/2 year life span is way too low. Probably is the make and quality + other factors.

Yes, i thought coilover is meant to last 3-5 years at least but my old car, I installed a fully adjustable (height and damper) coilover and I had creaking problems after 1 year. Change some parts on the coilover and within a year later, problems came back. This time, the workshop recommended changing to brand new coilovers - was so pissed off but I changed my car shortly after that. :p

stektan;552936 said:
Yes, i thought coilover is meant to last 3-5 years at least but my old car, I installed a fully adjustable (height and damper) coilover and I had creaking problems after 1 year. Change some parts on the coilover and within a year later, problems came back. This time, the workshop recommended changing to brand new coilovers - was so pissed off but I changed my car shortly after that. :p

May i know what brand coilover was used by you?

stektan;552936 said:

Hopefully is not KW or Bilstein coils......

cheers

You should try AST suspension, best in Europe USA SG and JB.

wolf73;552941 said:
May i know what brand coilover was used by you?

Was using a brand called D2 but that was for my previous ride... same price as Koni but sucks...

Ahbengdriver;553056 said:
You should try AST suspension, best in Europe USA SG and JB.

Bumped into Mike and he highly recommended KW street comfort. Any bros here using those? It's a coilover right?

stektan;553069 said:
Bumped into Mike and he highly recommended KW street comfort. Any bros here using those? It's a coilover right?

I'm using KW street comfort...serving me well for at least 3 weeks :woottt:.... Check with wilman... good price as compared i asked around the workshops.

yes, coilover.

wolf73;553071 said:
I'm using KW street comfort...serving me well for at least 3 weeks :woottt:.... Check with wilman... good price as compared i asked around the workshops.

yes, coilover.

Yes, just realised so many threads on these coilover...do you find it harder than the standard suspension? Also, does it lower the ride too much? Used to like low rides but after so many encounters with humps and rear curbs, scared already!! Can also PM me the price you got?

stektan;553075 said:
Yes, just realised so many threads on these coilover...do you find it harder than the standard suspension? Also, does it lower the ride too much? Used to like low rides but after so many encounters with humps and rear curbs, scared already!! Can also PM me the price you got?

Yes slightly harder but can be adjusted for softer ride.

I have no issues with humps and curbs as i did not lower to the max. i lowered to a comfort level.
was not bad an investment i did for my ride.

Coilovers, you wont regret it and you get the choice to change your height at anytime

stektan;553068 said:
Was using a brand called D2 but that was for my previous ride... same price as Koni but sucks...

KW Street Comfort is the way to go!!!

Contact me to order a set, you won't regret!

'The Great White'

Last edited by a moderator:
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back