Time to change suspension for E60

Re: Time to change suspension for E60

That is no damping. Stock suspension you will never get this issue.

If you are interested to know how suspension work. Suggest you Google for relevant information.

No damping means the going up and down not controlled like something on springs.
damping will give control.
or you trying to say my case means damping is gone case?

Go to your trusted workshop and direct all your technical questions to them. Before going read up from the Internet.

It is not that expensive to replace your existing shocks.

Hi borrow this topic, any shop to recommend to do shock absorb installation? Intend to Get one set b6 from eng soon and tap it onto my e60, and what the cost like?

Springs take care of compression. Undulation on the road will push your wheels up and the springs will compress. After that the spring will expand back when the road is flat again ....

Shocks take care of rebounds (when the spring expand back - shocks reduce the impact of the expansion)

So when your wheel get pushed up (compression) and easy kena rub then may have to ask ....

- rims wrong offset ?
- spring rates wrong ?
- wheel well banana leaf out of shape ?

Because springs rarely fail .....

Bieffe;1122680 said:
Dig up.
Besides noise any other indication suspension needs replacement?
I'm on 19. Travelling fast over uneven ground sometime have my tyre rub my car. There is sound but dunno where.
over humps also the front defector at the front of the front wheel arch also rub floor.
was told the shocks are weak. The spring no more power to hold car up so the rubbing and all.
true?

Thanks buddy.
the rims offset I believe is correct...does not come out.
springs and shock are std items.
wheel well sounds scary. But how to tell?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
888bjnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back