Trackcars / Racecars

Re: Trackcars / Racecars

This is interesting and perhaps only anecdotal, but happens to fit this thread...

Just got back from a Singaporean trackday at Sepang where there were about 70 cars, all of which were road cars except 3 cars (2 touring cars, 1 atom). There were at least 20 newbies.

There were about 5 red flags, combined time of around 30 minutes. Thankfully it was a 4 hour trackday so there was still some time to get stuff done.

The thing is, all the red flags were caused by road registered cars and NOT the 3 trackcars. Road cars getting beached, puking oil all over the track, spinning out, etc.

Shaun;589081 said:
This is interesting and perhaps only anecdotal, but happens to fit this thread...

Just got back from a Singaporean trackday at Sepang where there were about 70 cars, all of which were road cars except 3 cars (2 touring cars, 1 atom). There were at least 20 newbies.

There were about 5 red flags, combined time of around 30 minutes. Thankfully it was a 4 hour trackday so there was still some time to get stuff done.

The thing is, all the red flags were caused by road registered cars and NOT the 3 trackcars. Road cars getting beached, puking oil all over the track, spinning out, etc.

I was there too!! Were you driving the Z4? I was driving the Atom.

You forgot to mention the car that pulled to the side of the back straight, and was dripping oil onto the exhaust where it caught fire.

But the Atom still managed to do 63 laps on that day. [

discom;589148 said:
I was there too!! Were you driving the Z4? I was driving the Atom.

You forgot to mention the car that pulled to the side of the back straight, and was dripping oil onto the exhaust where it caught fire.

But the Atom still managed to do 63 laps on that day. [

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportfit
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back