Traffic Offences

Re: Traffic Offences

There is still quite a number of ppl using non hands free. Especially those ppl while using their hp driving on the first lane with speed at 70km at PIE. Causing road hazard... :singsing::hmmidont::hmmidont:

Chocs;835027 said:
....read this link in another forum...

.....didn't knw using a mobile phone on the road...might possibly rendered one's licence hung for life....:|..

Traffic offences you probably did not know about
Chocs, at least now u know before u are caught in e situation.

Bottomline = Never Hold Your Phone (no need to use) and Drive. The unmarked patrols loves to catch people driving while handling the phone. They will video cam u before they stop u, suck thumb because they will show u e video, confiscate the phone and wait for letter.

The Law did not say cannot talk on e phone while driving, the Law says cannot use/hold/handle the handphone while driving. So always use a blu tooth hands free as it allows us to receive calls (not touching e phone but we receive the call by otuching the ear piece)... also they cannot fault us on this becuase I can say "Officer, was I talking on the phone? No I was not, I was talking to my passenger (if there's one) or singing along with the radio.

Do be reminded calling out via Blu tooth is still illegal because we have to touch the phone to make a call... argument is a gray line yes but if kana video-ed will still be lan lan :)

Chocs;835027 said:
....read this link in another forum...

.....didn't knw using a mobile phone on the road...might possibly rendered one's licence hung for life....:|..

Traffic offences you probably did not know about

How about using Walkie-Talkie???

* don't be surprised that probably you will be caught if you talk to your passenger next time.................................
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Last edited by a moderator:

Taxis have big screens in front of them, are they legal? I remember that years ago, TV was banned. So what is the law about? Dun understand. Zheng hu's vehicle can but commoner's car cannot.

The Guardian;835146 said:
Taxis have big screens in front of them, are they legal? I remember that years ago, TV was banned. So what is the law about? Dun understand. Zheng hu's vehicle can but commoner's car cannot.

Taxis are not gov vehicles..........previously they had radios (walkies).

bottom line is when a driver's on the phone....concentration level on the road will drop.....thus even got passenger onboard also no talking or listening to radio plus some ( C3PO ) might sing a long too..................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeers

...the worst and most notorious form of offence now is none other then ...

...WhatsAppt on the wheels ....especially driving....:whattheh:

...Saw a lady rammed into a bus at traffic lights junction, cos she can't wait for Red lights to
Start txting..she wasn't any faster den 20 km, cos we all stopped redi since turning Red any seconds

.... More embarrassing for her..:sleepy::sleepy:....den life threatening.

ac323;835247 said:
bottom line is when a driver's on the phone....concentration level on the road will drop.....thus even got passenger onboard also no talking or listening to radio plus some ( C3PO ) might sing a long too..................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeers

Taxis with those big screens are a bigger hazard … driving with your eyes distracted is disturbing.

Slow_poke_driver;835136 said:
If touching phone for gps or music playlist also illegal?

Red_Bean_Bun;835276 said:
Taxis with those big screens are a bigger hazard … driving with your eyes distracted is disturbing.

The issue is whether it is in 'black+white', touching the phone regardless of what it is for, is illegal as it has already been 'inked/pen' down, whereas torchig our music player or GPS unit is still legal since there is nothing inked/pen' down. We can do what we think is legal but they are the government and they set e rules, not us... see e problem? :nutkick:

Baby1M;835086 said:
Do be reminded calling out via Blu tooth is still illegal because we have to touch the phone to make a call... argument is a gray line yes but if kana video-ed will still be lan lan :)

moi bluetooth can voice command to make calls...but i never learnt what to say till today...lucky it has a "what can i say" feature...

Chocs;835265 said:

...the worst and most notorious form of offence now is none other then ...

...WhatsAppt on the wheels ....especially driving....:whattheh:

...Saw a lady rammed into a bus at traffic lights junction, cos she can't wait for Red lights to
Start txting..she wasn't any faster den 20 km, cos we all stopped redi since turning Red any seconds

.... More embarrassing for her..:sleepy::sleepy:....den life threatening.

and women...be it girlfriend...spouse...mother...

have a tendency to make many men have to resort to texting/touching the phone whilst driving!

cos just before you go pick them up from office...shopping etc wanting to let them know you're cumming...eh yea...cumming...their phones are BURIED in the bag...even if they hear it ringing also gotta dig thru the bag...end up missed calls and sometimes turnarounds by the driver...

VolanteDB9;835287 said:
and women...be it girlfriend...spouse...mother...

have a tendency to make many men have to resort to texting/touching the phone whilst driving!

cos just before you go pick them up from office...shopping etc wanting to let them know you're cumming...eh yea...cumming...their phones are BURIED in the bag...even if they hear it ringing also gotta dig thru the bag...end up missed calls and sometimes turnarounds by the driver...
Why let them determine when we can text/phone back, just because we need to pick them up? Try this, I always text "ETA, don't text me as I will be driving. Will text again if I m late. Cya later" before I set off, never fails me. If am late because of a jam, legally allowed to text when vehicle is stationary. So problem solved.

If they change e time to earlier, too bad, wait lor. If they change e time to late, too bad, we r early then drive off to somewhere for kopi lor.

VolanteDB9;835286 said:
moi bluetooth can voice command to make calls...but i never learnt what to say till today...lucky it has a "what can i say" feature...

....eh ..I lazi...nvr read manual...dunno moi hve voice command anot ...:D...

Baby1M;835285 said:
The issue is whether it is in 'black+white', touching the phone regardless of what it is for, is illegal as it has already been 'inked/pen' down, whereas torchig our music player or GPS unit is still legal since there is nothing inked/pen' down. We can do what we think is legal but they are the government and they set e rules, not us... see e problem? :nutkick:

Then jialat liao...my music/gps all stream from my iphone, hate the nav address search in idrive. Seems like need to get a ipod touch liao...

The law is not wrong. The suffering to others caused by a driver not concentrating can be very real. However it is very difficult to cover all scenarios. Using radio, taxi screen, holding your empty hand to your ear while talking to your passenger, receving fellatio.. etc. The spirit of the law is still relevant, and judging by how naturally stupid people can be (very happy if nobody catch you for not using helmet or seatbelt for eg), a complete necessity. So as a result the law seems inadequate and even stupid (from fringe scenarios pov). But the lawmakers have no choice, and I support it.

Chocs;835307 said:

....eh ..I lazi...nvr read manual...dunno moi hve voice command anot ...:D...

Yes you have. You just need to pair the device. I paired before for my ex Mercs. :dance:

Morganlee3377;835481 said:
Yes you have. You just need to pair the device. I paired before for my ex Mercs. :dance:

...hehe...:D:D...

...oki.. ..let me slowly figure out...read my signature below...hur hur......

..:lol::lol::lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komalss
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back