Tried and Tested Means to De-tox / De-Sludge Your BMW

Re: Tried and Tested Means to De-tox / De-Sludge Your BMW

Hi bro Canuck78, can on me too, tot of getting a 320i, just in case...thks

canuck78;920744 said:
PM you already. Did it for way cheaper than the above.
Hi bro,I'm also feel like doing.
Can u pm me the place and pricing?
Thankyou sir!

PM you both, topless 8398 and therock610 :)

If your engine not giving you problems, and no unexplained oil loss, I would suggest no need to spend un-necessary money.

Save your money for other maintenance down the road :)

topless 8398;920888 said:
Hi bro,I'm also feel like doing.
Can u pm me the place and pricing?
Thankyou sir!

Pleased to report back: its coming close to one month after my engine valve seals were changed in the overhaul, and 3 full tanks of petrol used, the engine oil level remains happily at the full level.

But i still can't change the habit to check oil level at least once whilst driving :) Fingers itchy gotta used the BC stalk once in a while

canuck78;923496 said:
But i still can't change the habit to check oil level at least once whilst driving :) Fingers itchy gotta used the BC stalk once in a while

Haha! I know exactly how you feel... Coz I'm guilty of this habit too! =P

canuck78;923496 said:

Psychologically scarred already ......

canuck78;923496 said:
Pleased to report back: its coming close to one month after my engine valve seals were changed in the overhaul, and 3 full tanks of petrol used, the engine oil level remains happily at the full level.

Saw your alternator and valvetronic problems, this e90 like a 2nd wife that you have to constantly watch over. Fun but can be sometimes quite straining

lkm;923507 said:

Well at least you guys can sleep in leave now, after my top cover gasket replacement, still a slight leak. Haiz.....

There are lot of places it can leak so get your workshop to diagnose the right spot., whether top or bottom.

Your valve cover gasket changed so other places at the top i could think of could be the vacuum pump, where the o-rings are worn.

Usually they come all one after another as the parts life is up.

donworks;923633 said:
Well at least you guys can sleep in leave now, after my top cover gasket replacement, still a slight leak. Haiz.....

Bro, maybe your mechanic gave you wrong top cover gasket replacement. This may sound silly, but it happened to me today. My mechanic fix the wrong top cover and realise its leaking. :evil: He showed me the cover, it fits but its longer than the original, seems its for another BMW model. He claims now agent out of stock. Any kind soul can give/PM me Eng Soon's contacts?

Eng Soon Auto Pte Ltd
1090, 1092 & 1094, Serangoon Road,
Singapore 328192
Tel: (65) 6291 7775 (8 lines)
Fax: (65) 6298 2670 / (65) 6392 8083

i dun think so. I suspect the vacuum seal might be e culprit

Thanks for your quick reply bro! By the way, correct me if I am wrong, your front grill is black right? Can PM where did you get it done and the damage? very chio leh!

donworks;924317 said:
Eng Soon Auto Pte Ltd
1090, 1092 & 1094, Serangoon Road,
Singapore 328192
Tel: (65) 6291 7775 (8 lines)
Fax: (65) 6298 2670 / (65) 6392 8083

i dun think so. I suspect the vacuum seal might be e culprit

Either get from eBay, or take out your OEM and spray black paint lor! Cheap mod! =)

busytiger;924331 said:
Thanks for your quick reply bro! By the way, correct me if I am wrong, your front grill is black right? Can PM where did you get it done and the damage? very chio leh!

Congrats bro! Very happy for you for solving your problem!

canuck78;923496 said:

Thanks, money well spent I'd say and most important of all the oil burning problem solved.

Thanks for bro lkm for introducing me to Francis workshop earlier in the year once again :)

LuvVanos;925484 said:
Congrats bro! Very happy for you for solving your problem!

canuck78;923496 said:

Bro Alex, how to determine the correct measurement?
Full level after 10 min, 20 min or 1 hour of driving?

Bro, if your oil level sensor show different reading at different times, it's about time to replace the oil sensor. Cost around $100+

Mine was replaced before i fixed the oil burning issue and it shows full mark every-time while i drive now.

What i did in the past was to check say 5 min after morning start-up, but as oil sensor was already faulty or covered by the sludge, it may not accurate whichever way you use it anymore.

Imagine i was losing oil, and the faulty oil level sensor keep prompting me to add 1L. I added 1L but still felt uneasy. Brought car to workshop to check, and when they drain out all the engine oil, we only got 2.1L to come out. So you can imagine i was running around with 50% of the required oil capacity in the engine!

Only after i got the new oil level sensor, i was able to tell how long/distance i can go before burning up 1L of oil.

I will suggest you change your oil level sensor as the first thing to do since there's no physical dipstick. With a faulty oil sensor, the car also cannot to warn you accurately to potential low engine oil levels until it's too late.

eddienike;925500 said:
Bro Alex, how to determine the correct measurement?
Full level after 10 min, 20 min or 1 hour of driving?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet77vc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back