Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

Re: Two killed, 3 injured in Rochor Road accident

You know, in Australia, a garbage truck driver or a brickie (bricklayer) - true blue collared workers (the equivalent to our cleaners & construction staff) can happily work & still afford a decent house. There's no need to en-mass import Banglas & PRCs to keep wages low. Why? Because a house is an asset, not something the garhmen can use to make you feel like a swinging dick (sorry, MW) because on paper, it's "appreciated 50%".

So, yeah, I'll give yellowhandman his props - it's perhaps our "pro-profit at all cost, ramifications be damned" approach by the powers that be that has cost us dearly and sent us on this downward spiral. Now, it's damn if you do, damn if you don't...

So how? The 60.1 keep voting this way, and the 39.9 keep taking it up where the sun don't shine...

wobbles;814532 said:
You know, in Australia, a garbage truck driver or a brickie (bricklayer) - true blue collared workers (the equivalent to our cleaners & construction staff) can happily work & still afford a decent house. There's no need to en-mass import Banglas & PRCs to keep wages low. Why? Because a house is an asset, not something the garhmen can use to make you feel like a swinging dick (sorry, MW) because on paper, it's "appreciated 50%".

I've seen this argument so many times. How much larger than Singapore is Australia? How different is their economy? They are big enough to rely much more on their domestic economy, they have resources and are self-sufficient for many basic necessities like food, which doesn't have to be imported. Plus they have a history that goes back a couple of hundred years.

yellowhandman;814538 said:
I've seen this argument so many times. How much larger than Singapore is Australia? How different is their economy? They are big enough to rely much more on their domestic economy, they have resources and are self-sufficient for many basic necessities like food, which doesn't have to be imported. Plus they have a history that goes back a couple of hundred years.

And what's this gotta do with keeping houses affordable? Sorry, I'm a novice - I'd be grateful for your learned opinion on this.

More land = less competition for housing = cheaper prices.

As for professional builders, given that the majority of housing in Singapore is mass-produced HDB and condos that are built fast, the labour economics are bound to be different.

Anyway I think this is going way off topic already...this thread is about the tragic accident in Rochor, after all.

My bro Hitmee never bash all the FTs, he just go and donate to victim's family quietly.

He da man.

Hitmee pls thank me.

kenntona;814517 said:
When I was studying overseas, I felt like a second-class citizen. My friends who have migrated, some have lamented on a second class citizen treatment. But some could assimilate.

I have never expected Singapore to "reciprocate" these resentments to foreigners. Sure, perhaps the government is to be blamed.

But the next time you go to BVO, recognise that other than Ah Wee, the rest of the mechanics are FTs. And SWC too. And Leong Seng. And Boss.

And when you run a restaurant, ask yourself if costs/labour pool is a bigger concern on P&L or nationalistic issues. The chefs were all from Malaysia for decades !!!

i only fuck PRC, malaysian are my brothers.
i fuck PRC because they have no morals and ethics.

yellowhandman;814545 said:
More land = less competition for housing = cheaper prices.

As for professional builders, given that the majority of housing in Singapore is mass-produced HDB and condos that are built fast, the labour economics are bound to be different.

Anyway I think this is going way off topic already...this thread is about the tragic accident in Rochor, after all.

Fair enough. We'll just agree to disagree, like 2 mature gentlemen (assuming you're male :) )

We need FTs, there is no denying of that. Even if u dun know about that, main stream media will bombard you with that everyday.

Just that, do we really need to grow by so much every year. 没那么大的头,不要带那么大的帽. I dont see anti FT as an "in" thing, rather that the recent escalation in prices and mrt breakdowns have made the anti sentiment getting louder and louder.

Darth Vader;814549 said:
i only fuck PRC, malaysian are my brothers.
i fuck PRC because they have no morals and ethics.

10 years ago i poke Malaysians...these days usually PRC...

Darth Vader said:
i only fuck PRC, malaysian are my brothers. i fuck PRC because they have no morals and ethics.

I suspect you over-tipped a PRC gal and she did not return your call. Hence your hatred for them.

You paid for the room and the rubber too?

newbie88 said:
We need FTs, there is no denying of that. Even if u dun know about that, main stream media will bombard you with that everyday.

Just that, do we really need to grow by so much every year. 没那么大的头,不要带那么大的帽. I dont see anti FT as an "in" thing, rather that the recent escalation in prices and mrt breakdowns have made the anti sentiment getting louder and louder.

Some guru told me that by 2016, the votes must be better than 60.14% or we will see more dilution on the 39.9% via foreign imports.....

VolanteDB9;814561 said:

i wanna join your poke club, any lobangs? PRC pussy my favourite.

VolanteDB9 said:

Prease PM contacts. Thank you.

Darth Vader said:
i wanna join your poke club, any lobangs? PRC pussy my favourite.

So you love or hate PRCs?

because of this incident, i am going to install camera on my car.
i reckon more accidents of this nature will happen in the future.
i hope my camera will be able to provide justice to future sg victims from FT.

kenntona;814565 said:
Prease PM contacts. Thank you.

So you love or hate PRCs?

inport the PRC whores not the male ones.
if the dead PRC driver was female, maybe i keep quiet.

Darth Vader;814566 said:
because of this incident, i am going to install camera on my car.
i reckon more accidents of this nature will happen in the future.
i hope my camera will be able to provide justice to future sg victims from FT.

Please consider FineVu

If soundwerkz install more than 100 after my review, I will demand that they give me a full rebate as a token of appreciation. Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JfAaOABk4g]Singapore tragic accident video - warning, graphic (Ferrari / Taxi) - YouTube[/ame]

MW;814574 said:
Please consider FineVu

If soundwerkz install more than 100 after my review, I will demand that they give me a full rebate as a token of appreciation. Thanks

How much is FineVu? I'm thinking of installing one too.

Less than $600

Most useful mod so far given that I have videoed many assholes including pedestrians who cross like they own the roads

Yes FTs included

I feel sad for the affected family members after watching the video.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam86fyi1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back