Tyres advice

Re: Tyres advice

Ghostrider said:
Do watch out for something...my friend who was helping out at the JC Evo launch had his Eagle pochek by a satay stick that went in from the treads and out of the sidewall....cow peh cow bu....cos his rubbers were less than a week old only. Had to replace them...seems like the rubber a bit on the soft side...a satay stick can go thru !!

wa...thats bad... have to watch out for satay sticks !!

oneHeadlight said:
hi Sam...question :

tyre pressure... follow which one ? tyre manufacturer or car manufacturer's ?

Err.... I follow my own stupid assumption!

if 235/35/19, i pump 245kpi

for my rear, if 265/30/19, i pump 275kpi :) Then i monitor the wear rate! me not too particular!

Ghostrider said:
Do watch out for something...my friend who was helping out at the JC Evo launch had his Eagle pochek by a satay stick that went in from the treads and out of the sidewall....cow peh cow bu....cos his rubbers were less than a week old only. Had to replace them...seems like the rubber a bit on the soft side...a satay stick can go thru !!

If the angle is right, a satay stick will go thru any brand of tyres....

Maybe someone placed the satay stick against his tyres intentionally....

So far in all suayness...I only kenna twice.

Once was a chip off ceramic from a spark plug jacket....bugger went right thru my rubbers...lucky no blow out....but HUGH leak...

2nd time was a nail that went thru like what happen to my friend's tyre. Enter from the bottom and out from the side. Whole tyre gone....

I also see pieces of wood going thru the rubbers...but satay stick is the first time I hear...and was surprise at the damage it caused.

Ghostrider said:
So far in all suayness...I only kenna twice.

Once was a chip off ceramic from a spark plug jacket....bugger went right thru my rubbers...lucky no blow out....but HUGH leak...

2nd time was a nail that went thru like what happen to my friend's tyre. Enter from the bottom and out from the side. Whole tyre gone....

I also see pieces of wood going thru the rubbers...but satay stick is the first time I hear...and was surprise at the damage it caused.

Sometimes it is some morons trying to sabo ur rides by placing the pointed side against our tyres....

May just want to take a look at the wheels before u drive off...

I usually do a visual inspection before I move off....never notice anything...I believe it a case of arse luck that happen to me.

Hi OneHeadLight,

I have been reading good reviews on those Eagle F1 GS-D3, may i ask where did you get yours and how much does it cost for 16in?

TIA Cheers

hi blacky...

u can get at poh heng, Hurry... there are thailand made and germany made ones... thailand ones cheaper. U can see on the tyre itself. Dont know 16" prices.

Whatever it is, dont buy michelin tires as they can't cope with high speed cornering for some funny shape turn.... :lol2: :lol2:

TripleM said:
Whatever it is, dont buy michelin tires as they can't cope with high speed cornering for some funny shape turn.... :lol2: :lol2:

Luckily din change my tyres to PS2..kekeke..(ok ok, self denial mode again. Truth is no moolah to buy them lah)

TripleM said:

Ahem... I'm going to change them to Bridgestone SO3s soon.

jaskin said:
Ahem... I'm going to change them to Bridgestone SO3s soon.

Cool, that one confirm you get podium finish............

Coz I am on it..

TripleM said:
Cool, that one confirm you get podium finish............

Coz I am on it..

:wtf: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

The SO3 have more rigid sidewalls so they are less subjectable to flexing. But if u are running an aggressive offset im setup, chances of rubbing is a lot higher!

Found the same with my Eagle F1s too...

anyone could point out to me where i could get reasonable price michelin preceda for my car
235/40/18 and 265/35/18?

thanks

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back