Tyres

DGG

Just got my 5.. and my friends have been telling me to change to 18" tyres. They say the original 16" look like "roller blades". should I change the tyres?

Re: Tyres

Welcome to BMW.SG!:)

But seriously 18"s may still look like "roller blades" for a 5er. If you are going for the look I reckon at least a 19" for your car, although many will advice to go for 20" hehe:)

FYI alot of E90 3er already on 19"s. Anyway its your choice. Enjoy your stay here :)

DGG;386214 said:
Just got my 5.. and my friends have been telling me to change to 18" tyres. They say the original 16" look like "roller blades". should I change the tyres?

chang change change.... i am driving a 3 and on 18" . makes the car look very fierce!
slowly look for a nice pair... something you like.

you can decide whether to get a deep dish or normal spoke. i personally like this one
http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/5006

DGG;386221 said:
really? if i do decide to change.. any recommendations?

Depending on your budget there are alot of rims to chose from. From Taiwan made rims, to BBS to tuner brands like AC, Breyton, Hamann, Kelleners, to Japanese rims like Schmiden, Volks/Advan etc. to Custom rims DPE, HRE etc etc..

As for my opinion I like DPE :) hehehe not being bias cos I know the guys , I like DPE even before OLL and Kenn became agents for them here in Singapore....

You may look for forum members Kenntona and OrhLulu

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/wheels/24690-dpe-signature-series-price-list-5.html

For other rims you may also check out

RayS
10 Kaki Bukit Road
Tel: 97772626 (sorry don't have full address and shop number only have his (Raymond) mobile)

Leong Seng Thiam Kee
No.53, Ubi Ave 1, Paya Ubi Industrial Park
Tel: 67444280

Hurry (*)
511 Bt Timah Road
Tel: 64663776

South East (*)
10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-20
Tel: 68442288

Jadis said:
M5 with the S20 is nice! What are the width for front and rear?
Steven, for 20"s, typically 8.5 front 10 rear, but some will run 9.0 front 10.5 rear to fit wider tyres.......

16" would suggest a 520. Remember that when you get bigger rims, your performance, fuel consumption etc.... are affected.... myself, I am on 20" rims.

Same as you, i was procrastinating whether to change away the original 16". It took me a month before i decided to installed staggered 18". It just simply supeTake your time to choose a good and nice rim. Do it Once and Do it Good. Cheers

Thanks .. looks like I will also procrastinate... maybe as you suggest, take some time to look around

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back