Upgrade to LCI bonnet and M Sports bumper after hitting monkey on NS highway – E90

Aaron_BMW

Dear all,

Just to share my experience of an accident on the North South highway towards KL and how I got my new LCI bonnet and LCI M Sports bumper.

I was travelling to KL (again) two weeks ago for a biz trip to meet some property developers where out of the sudden; there was a full grown monkey on the far left lane of the north-south highway. Within secs after sighting the monkey, the car on the left most lane frightened the big monkey and it dashed at full speed a crossed 3 lanes. Time seems to stand still when the incident happened while the monkey dashed across the road, I was on the right most lane and I managed to check my rear view mirror and saw a white Honda CRV closed to me. Fearing for my safety of a possible accident if I were to do an emergency brake, I decided to hold my steering tight and braced for impact.

After the initial impact, the monkey went under my car and the Honda CRV behind me ran over it too. The impact was so strong and it woke up all my passengers. What’s even worse when being questioned what happen, I said I hit a monkey and no one believed me!!!

After the impact, the car was able to travel smoothly without any problems nor sounds nor vibration. I decided to only stop when I reach KL. Only upon reaching the hotel in KL, we went down to take a look at the car for the 1st time.

Please see pics below. Huge part of the bumper was gone.
IMG_7935_zps078d177c.jpg

IMG_7936_zps93a71323.jpg

IMG_7937_zpsbbdbd2c5.jpg

This is the monkey’s fur and some blood on the damaged bumper

IMG_7940_zps770b053f.jpg

Not wasting any time as night fall was approaching; I called up the workshop at around batu cave area and asked for a 2nd replacement bumper.

To my pleasant surprise, they found for me a E90 LCI M Sports Bumper~! I had it fixed up immediately and within 2 hours of the accident, my car was in condition to travel again.

IMG_7938_zps1b80437b.jpg

IMG_7939_zpsc399f18f.jpg

IMG_7941_zps20d60037.jpg

IMG_7942_zpsb1e373e4.jpg

IMG_7943_zpse23d4440.jpg

Got back to the hotel for a car wash to get rid of some furs and blood.

IMG_7944_zps29c82326.jpg

This was how I settled in for a new E90 LCI M Sports Bumper before heading back to SG.

After coming back, I start to order OEM parts like grills and fog lights and mud flap and multiple clips for the new bumper from my usual stockiest at Kaki Bukit area. It was then I realized my old kidney grills cannot fit the bumper. If I were to change to the new LCI kidney grills, my bonnet cannot fit.
See pics below for a better understanding
IMG_7976_zps3b1dd0d7.jpg

IMG_7977_zps66c98ca5.jpg

Out of no choice, I gotten a 2nd hand E90 LCI bonnet just to fit the new grills and also the new bumper.

IMG_8019_zpsd037109e.jpg

IMG_8020_zpsfd1b02fb.jpg

Next step, I went to a free lance car dent removal guy at Seng Kang area to remove all the dents on the car before spray painting.

IMG_8028_zpsef7daa92.jpg

IMG_8027_zps2ac6a9b5.jpg

Now comes the installations of all the loose parts like grills and fog lights and panel beating for my dented bonnet.
Location of the panel beating workshop is in Yishun.

IMG_8030_zpsdb3204b2.jpg

IMG_8031_zps2047a8f0.jpg

IMG_8032_zps1f3b1db2.jpg

Do note that the above fog lights are actually after market projector fog lights which gives a better light’s throw and has nice looking project lens.
I got it from the accessories shop at paya ubi industrial.
Half price the original fog lights from stockies.

IMG_8034_zps7b200f18.jpg

After fitting up the front grills and fog lights, next thing to do is the panel beating of the dented bonnet.

IMG_8036_zps5d185eda.jpg

IMG_8037_zps04488d63.jpg

IMG_8039_zpsfcfc8315.jpg

Now it’s time for the 10,000K HID bulbs installed at the pandan loop workshop.
These are very reliable HID bulbs from Korea which lasts for years. I have been using them for years till now since my previous car.

IMG_8057_zpsc6e52b99.jpg

IMG_8058_zps312497d4.jpg

IMG_8050_zps429786ea.jpg

This is how my car looks like for more than a week while waiting for spray painting as the spray paint workshop has full schedule of cars to spray.
One of the ugliest BMW on the road.

Finally it’s time for spray painting at woodlands industrial park E5.
Spray painter is a very experienced old uncle, he is able to mix and spray new paint with old paint’s color tone.

IMG_8092_zps80b15537.jpg

IMG_8150_zpscd7b0fb5.jpg

IMG_8149_zpsfea6646e.jpg

IMG_8148_zpse9351c2b.jpg

IMG_8147_zps541e7e1c.jpg

IMG_8145_zps0cf6fb97.jpg

IMG_8143_zps7d51d4fb.jpg

I had my bonnet sprayed matt black underneath for easy maintenance.

IMG_8136_zpsb7845636.jpg

IMG_8135_zpsf83a2f75.jpg

I had my kidney grills sprayed glossy black

IMG_8137_zps4383cb89.jpg

IMG_8138_zpse5f70721.jpg

IMG_8158_zpsd0891022.jpg

IMG_8160_zpsccb2896d.jpg

IMG_8156_zpsfae9a26f.jpg

IMG_8161_zpsb9225c03.jpg

IMG_8166_zpscdcb04b2.jpg

Lastly, my M Color Strips on kidney grills and car plate

IMG_8177_zps63d34c80.jpg

IMG_8183_zps1e11821d.jpg

IMG_8188_zps3c83504d.jpg

For comparisons before and after changing the bonnet and bumper

IMG_8165_zpsf33ab7f9.jpg

My final out look
IMG_8151_zps3571ee54.jpg

IMG_8199_zps04dfe2f0.png

Thanks for reading….
Please PM me should u need to ask me anything.
Cheers~!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Upgrade to LCI bonnet and M Sports bumper after hitting monkey on NS highway – E9

Congrats........

* Yellow Audi looks familiar........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Re: Upgrade to LCI bonnet and M Sports bumper after hitting monkey on NS highway – E9

ac323;1030134 said:
Congrats........

* Yellow Audi looks familiar........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

thanks, by the way I do not know who the audi belongs to.

Nice. Bro, can share the stockist in Kaki Bukit and spraying ws in woodland?

Poor monkey. Hope it is in a better place...

I thought you need to change the headlamps if you change the bumper/bonnet from pre LCI to LCI

Aaron, ur contacts quite kilat I must admit. Bumper chui n in 2 hours can get new bumper already!

Awesome.........

Inactive80;1030148 said:
Nice. Bro, can share the stockist in Kaki Bukit and spraying ws in woodland?

Sure,
PM u now.

MTechnic;1030152 said:
I thought you need to change the headlamps if you change the bumper/bonnet from pre LCI to LCI

No need, anyway I am using after market DEPO head lights

MW;1030155 said:
Aaron, ur contacts quite kilat I must admit. Bumper chui n in 2 hours can get new bumper already!

Thanks,
within 15KM from KL central, u will reach Batu Cave area.
At Batu cave area, there are multiple workshops.
I happened to know the workshop which does BMW years ago thus this is how I managed to ask for a replacement bumper.

Bro,can i have the free lance dent removal guy contact and the woodland spray shop,bro,can i know where to get the aftermarket fog lamp,thanks bro

Hi Aaron, can share to me the contact for the dent removal guy. I got a fifty cent size dent on my door. Many thanks.

Is the dent remover ah Meng?

The original bumper is an OEM or fiberglass bumper? The way it tears on impact......

did u report to WWF for murdering a monkey? did u stop to help the injured monkey?

the last time a national bowler hit a dog...he kenna jialat. I gonna report u.

Fortunately those low-lifes from STOMP didn't see you... otherwise:

"BMW driver rich but no sense of colour coordination!"
"BMW big fvck can drive around without number plate!"

Bro Aaron, can PM me the spray painting shop? Thks

Nice outcome on the replacement. Can you list down the damage?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w9betgroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back