upgrading from 650 to M6 or 911

Re: upgrading from 650 to M6 or 911

Coming from owning a M car and currently a GT3 i can tell you both car are of different league . One is a fast heavy GT car ans the other a pure sport car. You need to ask what do you want of course better still buy both. For me I will drive the M everyday for work the GT3 for track day and week day I find this to be the best combo. The GT3 is consider by many as a supercar not the M6.

if ur budget allows, keep 650 and buy the C2S? best of both world! :)

ACS6;298689 said:
Not a fan of the Carrera, or even the GT3. IMO, overrated and nowhere as unique as the M6 with it's V10. Dunno about you bro, but I'd switch over to the M6 without even blinkin an eye.

GT3 is over rated? That's the most bizarre comment I hv ever heard in the history of automotive.

benz61;298763 said:
Coming from owning a M car and currently a GT3 i can tell you both car are of different league . One is a fast heavy GT car ans the other a pure sport car. You need to ask what do you want of course better still buy both. For me I will drive the M everyday for work the GT3 for track day and week day I find this to be the best combo. The GT3 is consider by many as a supercar not the M6.

+1000

Not trying to complicate your life bro, but I wondered if you ahve considered the Maser GT. To die for looks man....

I've had a chance to have a go in an M6 on the Ascari Circuit, and it didn't really like slow corners that much. It would understeer through stuff that a 911 would waltz through.

That said, the M6 was just incredibly fast on the open road, and fantastic at diminishing the sensation of speed. If you want to sit at a lazy 200km/h all day and arrive at your destination fresh as a daisy the M6 is it; a 911 C2 would just work a lot harder to keep up. It's just not that fast by today's standards.

Never driven a GT3, so can't comment.

Still, I think I'd take any (manual) 997 over the M6. :) Fitness over muscle, I say...

Definately the M6.

Forget the Porsche!

In terms of looks and attention, definately the M6!

Afterall, it is an ///M.

ok i went to Sime Darby and checked out the ex-stock M6. Black exterior and Black interior. Signed loan forms for 4 different banks. :D

wait for bank's reply next week while i go back to Pasir Lebar camp to serve for 2 weeks ICT .....

a few things to note and ask:

1) the lane deviation + Vibration of Steering wheel feature is not in local BMW
2) M6 not using RunFlat tyre. There is a spare 19 inch behind in the boot but it takes up so much space. Edward or Edlee - does M6 run and feel better on Runflat or normal? I know Runflat is harder but the spare tyre really takes up my boot space for daily use. Thanks!

3) Sales rep told me very few CSA know how to service M cars. Is this true? M Car servicing, is it generally more expensive and takes longer time? my last 2 BMW are always same day collection.

thanks brothers!

Jacky;301675 said:
ok i went to Sime Darby and checked out the ex-stock M6. Black exterior and Black interior. Signed loan forms for 4 different banks. :D

wait for bank's reply next week while i go back to Pasir Lebar camp to serve for 2 weeks ICT .....

a few things to note and ask:

1) the lane deviation + Vibration of Steering wheel feature is not in local BMW
2) M6 not using RunFlat tyre. There is a spare 19 inch behind in the boot but it takes up so much space. Edward or Edlee - does M6 run and feel better on Runflat or normal? I know Runflat is harder but the spare tyre really takes up my boot space for daily use. Thanks!

3) Sales rep told me very few CSA know how to service M cars. Is this true? M Car servicing, is it generally more expensive and takes longer time? my last 2 BMW are always same day collection.

thanks brothers!
What tires are they giving you? I indented 4 pieces of Michellin PS2 for my ride from the US. No one stocks the size here for the M6 and its way cheaper to bring it in yourself.

Please don't go with run-flats for the M6. It made the ride very uncomfortable and doesnt handle as well as the PS2.

Hope this helps.

thanks.
it is Michellin too.

are u currently driving a M6 too?

haha looks like too late to comment; Jacky u bought the M6?
my opionion is u can wannbe a 6ser to M6 lookalike but u cannot wannbe a Porsche keke..
Bobby 630 may look prettier than M6 thou not as powerful, look at wat u need. power or swee swee :)
think shld go for Porsche since u got the $$$$ ! if not Maser GT

Yes. Its a great car and I am sure you will love it. Although I prefer to drive the X5 on a daily basis...as I feel so constraint by Singapore roads in the M6. For servicing of the M6, I go to Jeff Vatsaloo. Some like him, some dont. I find him to be good and he is the only person I would go to.

Ed Lee has a lot more experience on M6. You might want to ask him.

thanks.

i have yet to develop the "Love" for porsche driving feel. afterall many months of thinking, i admit to myself i am those comfy coupe person who desire extra BHP but knowing that the max potential can not be realised in SG roads. And i am still a sucker for 6 series look. and definitely dun want to be wannabe.

My friend is asking me to check out maser GT. he's gaga over the looks. Going down to Audi this afternoon to look at the Red R8 too.

I am sure its the right choice for you! comfort and the horse power when you feel like flooring it.

One of my colleagues just took delivery of an R8. Its a great car and rather comfy too. But not the fact that there isnt any space behind to take little ones out for an occasional spin rules it out for family men :)

Jacky
Re RFT....u dont want this for a high performance car. Stock standard on the car shud be PS2

As for M servicing CSA...I know my regular at Kg Arang. Look for Anwar.

Jacky;301675 said:
Edlee - does M6 run and feel better on Runflat or normal? I know Runflat is harder but the spare tyre really takes up my boot space for daily use.
Never driven the M6 on runflats. In fact it came with Conti CSC II as standard. I didn't like them one bit. I've always gone for the PS2....swear by them.

I used to store the spare at home. You'll never need them in SGP as there's the BMW emergency svc to rely on. And oh yes; the Eisenmanns....MUST HAVE. Ask Beagle to demo the sound....LIVE.....

BTW, Beagle is now driving THE M6

We acquired a Z4 Coupe recently and it came with RFT as standard. All I can say is that you never want these on the M or any other car that you drive...too bouncy. Anyway, we changed them to PS2 when we upgraded the rims....what else?

On a lighter note, pls give me the "overrated" GT3 anytime baby!!!

Jacky,
Congrats on ur purchase......no right or wrong here but what suit u the most is most impt of all.

Edleee,
Still misses ur M6?? ;)

Welbo;301896 said:
Edleee,
Still misses ur M6?? ;)
Would you???

Miss the M6 very much. My only concern was being unable to capitalise on the full potential of that car. Had to take all sorts of risk driving it into Malaysia just to run the car and at the end of the day, that made up my mind.

I'd run and buy another one again the moment there's real confirmation of a proper track here.

Yup have to be thankful for the wonderful roads up north!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back