• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

URGENT: Manual Transmission trade with Auto Transmission

Re: URGENT: Manual Transmission trade with Auto Transmission

yo mas panzer =)

you're buying THAT coupe? nice.
i thought it looked really good from the photos.
Is it a short shifter?
when are you taking over the car?

yes, as bro sszone mentioned, i'm thinking of changing to manual. we can explore!

y not go for the 320i coupe auto on sale?

just a point to note even if i sound blunt cos i sure dun want any forum bro-bro relationships to be spoilt in case something bad happens so it would be highly advisable to be upfront on the costs sharing and even the nominal sum cos even a dollar is considered a nominal sum mah but would u expect a dollar?

better to sit down, discuss, write down the costs and parts, preferably with a mechanic to advise the both of ya

sszone;327696 said:
just a point to note even if i sound blunt cos i sure dun want any forum bro-bro relationships to be spoilt in case something bad happens so it would be highly advisable to be upfront on the costs sharing and even the nominal sum cos even a dollar is considered a nominal sum mah but would u expect a dollar?

better to sit down, discuss, write down the costs and parts, preferably with a mechanic to advise the both of ya

Agree with SSzone, cos both sides will have to get many other stuff OTHER than the gearboxes only.....it's no joke.......especially the manual converting to auto, labour and changes cost a lot more......

something happen i now dunno want to buy or not...... look at page 49 of the buy and sell BMW forum under Beware of Plate 833 and u will know why......

I am lost and do not know what my next step can anyone tell me what to do?

sszone;327696 said:

Very good suggestion. I was quoted SGD 4K for manual conversion from one of the workshop sponsors here and that's like 3 years ago. Keke If the person wanna swap AND pay BOTH conversions, it is really not worth it. Think carefully bros.

did u paid anything?if not, im sure u know wat to do now

a word of fairness for the auto bros, this kinda swap is a 2-way street so pls try not to think of manual doing auto a favour by swapping.
just like in economics, its just a matter of demand n supply and matching of needs.
its not like the auto bro is getting the manual for free.
although the manual may be worth more money, its not fair to expect the auto bro to cough up for most of the expenses, tranny VS tranny....auto bro gives a premium for the manual tranny....other stuff each should pay theirs, can't expect the original tranny owner to cover u for certain parts that need to be replaced.
thats my 2 cents....hope i didn't offend anybody here.

p.s. last time i remembered asking swap for weech, it was abt 3k+

sszone;327756 said:
a word of fairness for the auto bros, this kinda swap is a 2-way street so pls try not to think of manual doing auto a favour by swapping.
just like in economics, its just a matter of demand n supply and matching of needs.
its not like the auto bro is getting the manual for free.
although the manual may be worth more money, its not fair to expect the auto bro to cough up for most of the expenses, tranny VS tranny....auto bro gives a premium for the manual tranny....other stuff each should pay theirs, can't expect the original tranny owner to cover u for certain parts that need to be replaced.
thats my 2 cents....hope i didn't offend anybody here.

p.s. last time i remembered asking swap for weech, it was abt 3k+

Bro u abit biased leh.... yes u did say i ask for swop with nominal amount how the hell wuld i know that the gearbox so cheap. I idiot for german cars, if u ask me abt Jap Honda yes i know what the price and stuffs. everyone has where they are strong in alrite.

I am willing to swop for free but so what? Free ppl tot got problem, exp ppl say i crazy then how?
Ask around, i tok to someone on the phone and i was willing to do it for free, jus pay the labour only for both cars.

Check it out first bro before u come jumping at me.

yenom;327755 said:
did u paid anything?if not, im sure u know wat to do now

haven paid. Maybe reject the deal lor.

thanks sszone and greenray for your comments n advice.

i agree w sszone that its supply and demand and matching of needs.
both parties must feel that the deal is equitable to both before even embarking on it.

i think i commented objectively without siding any side so i would let the rest to decide if i am biased. what i have pointed out are basic things that need to be thrashed out prior to any swaps. do read carefully my posts before u start claiming that i jump at u. the advise to recommend Weech to find u, advising that tranny swaps involves more than that, including replacement parts etc. was i wrong to ask both parties to be upfront abt their expectations and what they can give n take. i commented on the issue neutrally as a outsider and not on u. i do not side u or auto bros like Weech and etc. thank you

panzer;327757 said:
Bro u abit biased leh.... yes u did say i ask for swop with nominal amount how the hell wuld i know that the gearbox so cheap. I idiot for german cars, if u ask me abt Jap Honda yes i know what the price and stuffs. everyone has where they are strong in alrite.

I am willing to swop for free but so what? Free ppl tot got problem, exp ppl say i crazy then how?
Ask around, i tok to someone on the phone and i was willing to do it for free, jus pay the labour only for both cars.

Check it out first bro before u come jumping at me.

Thanks but no thanks. Not buying that car oredi. So no need change also no need cause all you rich Bimmer owners so much headache for all you know... you guys got no time for swops like this and would rather buy off the shelf to fix coz i am the only cheapo ard to ask for swop. Diff class lah... you guys high class drive German Tanks i drive Japanese Tin Cans.

there seems 2 b tension in this thread

sszone;327696 said:

yes pal SSZONE......im interested n he requested me to pay both labour fees n 800 dollars on top of dat.......i tink not worth at all......

who got tension here? just pointing out stuff to be thrashed prior to any swaps. my apologies if pointing out facts that need to be settled for the benefit of both parties don't sound too good. no need to be shy shy abt money n stuff and assume things, then when swop halfway then quarrel who to foot what cost.

its the same be it german or jap cars....just like caveman to caveman barter trade. as for the rich bimmer owners remarks, i think its uncalled for. most of the E36 guys are down to earth guys, ordinary ppl who happen to own an old bmw, not some rich guy. we live in HDB. hands up all the E36 or any bimmer owners who works a normal job and live in HDB!!

kopibengz;327914 said:
yes pal SSZONE......im interested n he requested me to pay both labour fees n 800 dollars on top of dat.......i tink not worth at all......

just a simple estimate beng,

purchase manual tranny for auto: manual parts+labour = 3.3k

swap tranny:

Manual labour = 600
Auto labour = 600
topup = 800

abt 2k, then need to add a bit more for replacement parts.
Disclaimer: its just a rough estimate as per what i have enquired previously for Bro Weech's planned swap last year.

money-wise its not that bad of a concern, the complete list of parts for the swap is more crucial.....dun do halfway miss out any parts n have to leave the car in workshop to wait for parts to ship in.....damn sianzzz then.....will feel very handicapped without the ride....hehe

sszone;327943 said:
just a simple estimate beng,

purchase manual tranny for auto: manual parts+labour = 3.3k

swap tranny:

Manual labour = 600
Auto labour = 600
topup = 800

abt 2k, then need to add a bit more for replacement parts.
Disclaimer: its just a rough estimate as per what i have enquired previously for Bro Weech's planned swap last year.

money-wise its not that bad of a concern, the complete list of parts for the swap is more crucial.....dun do halfway miss out any parts n have to leave the car in workshop to wait for parts to ship in.....damn sianzzz then.....will feel very handicapped without the ride....hehe

Buy FULL Manual Conversion Set (Used) for E36 : - Sin$2200 (include Gearbox, Flywheel, Clutch Pump, Clutch Pedal, Prop Shaft, Rear Diff Axle, Gear Shift).

***Panzer....... Not all BMW owners are rich man......... There are Japanese Cars Owners who are damn rich too......

kopibengz;327914 said:

Hey i told you straight on the phone saying i dunno shit abt prices alrite and did i say that its up to you pls calculate and let me know. U can always counter offer ok. so wats the squabble no more swopping what coz i am not buying... why harp on it guys?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88onlineclub
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back