Using your phone GPS

Red_Bean_Bun

It is actually illegal to use your phone's GPS while driving.

Phone apps can lead you to jail

But does that mean using your GPS while driving is illegal as well (if the principal behind this law is to get you to focus on the road - using the GPS is illegal as well) ?

Then again if you get stopped by the TP could you say that you were listening to your GPS ?

On a side note - In that case, the terminal on Taxis should be removed because it beeps the taxi driver very often to alert them to pickup requests - the taxi driver would have to look for the address on the screen and hit the button to accept or reject the job.

This implies it's safe for taxi drivers to look at the their screens very often but it's not safe for regular drivers to use their smartphone gps because it's not safe.

Re: Using your phone GPS

Well, just don't let them catch you staring at the screen while driving. Exercising caution is probably the best way. I think it is a heng-suay thing.

My understanding is as long as both your hands are on the steering while the car is moving, you are good to go.

bro good topic, but they hv no answer so dun pressure them...ha.

Viper Warrior;599634 said:
My understanding is as long as both your hands are on the steering while the car is moving, you are good to go.

ya... even the gps has this safety feature.. when the car is moving.. u cant operate ('touch') the GPS but only refer to it.. but mine is disabled.. haha!

Viper Warrior;599634 said:

No need to be both hands on the steering wheel la.. Sometimes we need to switch radio stations or sometimes you wanna hold your gf hand or something mah. ;)

Kenzie;599968 said:
Using phone gps should not be a problem unless its on ur hand,then u r gg.

"IT MAY be a convenient way of finding your way around - but using an iPhone app while driving could be a short cut to a fine or jail sentence.
Many motorists do not realise it, but keying in destinations or looking at a smartphone for directions while driving is illegal."

According to the report - look also cannot. So what happens if you are caught looking at a GPS ?

The weird thing is that taxis can look all they want at that booking screen.......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back