Wakeboarding

Re: Wakeboarding

So far, the list is:

1. FP
2. Como
3. OLL
4. JewelL
5. dpointt if you're coming, we're a done deal.

Let me just try to put this to the above riders, the cost is S$45 per ride on the average and because it's my boo, I'll cover anything that's above this cost.

I have been going wakeboarding on a regular basis for the past few months though I'm still a beginner and I always pay by per ride because the time is almost the same regardless if you're a pro or beginner. I don't usually keep a stopwatch for this purpose so I can keep track of exact time. If worst come to worst, people can keep time on how long they go out and we'll pay by minutes but i don't believe we have to stoop to that level. If you feel shortchanged at the end of the ride, let me know, I'll top up what you think you've lost out on or probably get you a beer.

We're meeting 3.45pm outside Launch2000 at Punggol Marina. Don't have to bring anything except a change of clothes and if you have boardshorts, do wear them.

Be careful of injuries and I'm sure Alan Mak will brief you before you go down the water. Just listen to him, you will be fine and should be able to stand up by the end of the day. if you have any questions or wants to back out, I would appreciate if you can let me know asap.

As earlier said, I will do a better job organising these event in future.

And Phil, I'm sorry your lost your respect for me. I didn't know this is going to be this confusing because I thought it's just for people who enjoys or might enjoy the sport and I'm just getting these peopel together.

Hitmee, Thanks!

Babe, I'll try to organise a better one next time or if i ever have the courage to do it again.

33, thanks for your input, will take note.

FP - one word of advice - collect $$$ upfront. Trust me on this.

FP my dear, I havent at all, just trying to give you confidence as I can see how worried you are.

you have done a brilliant job, please beleive me. Everyone will have a great time

Beleive in yourself

should be all right lah. only 5 of them. all look quite on, i dun think they will tua.
dun scare her

Kenn, the people on our list are all very chin chai and very nice so i have no issues here.

After the ride, everyone just proceed to shop to pay for your ride/rides. They take cash and credit cards. Dunno about Masters but they do take Visa.

Thanks OLL!!!

hitmee;253273 said:
alex,

relax. i think those who are going all met before. I am sure FP also do not know the final pricing yet until the num of participants is confirmed.

Give her credits for organising this event.

thanks FP for the effort!

Hi Mark, what makes you think I am angry? I was just stating the fact...

If you have read my post carefully, I was saying to share the cost on a per rider basis and not charge on a per ride basis. There are a lot of difference leh....

I applaud her for her efforts being a organiser, and that is the same reason why I am stating the fact because she will bear the remaining costs if there are disputes later. Then, we will lose another organiser which we have already seen in the past.

As there will be many riders on a weekend, especially after the wakeboard champion, it is important that all new riders just take care. I am sure the instructor knows what to do but safety first.

Punggol got many wake bullies one!!!

and Mark...mai hero lah...:nehnehhh:

go phil go. missing out on this one too! hopefully it'll be a great one and next time fp will organize again so i can go.. :D

When you come back, it'll be monsoon season man. We'll organise one early in the morning so Phil can break into his BUTTER!!

33;253354 said:
Hi Mark, what makes you think I am angry? I was just stating the fact...

If you have read my post carefully, I was saying to share the cost on a per rider basis and not charge on a per ride basis. There are a lot of difference leh....

I applaud her for her efforts being a organiser, and that is the same reason why I am stating the fact because she will bear the remaining costs if there are disputes later. Then, we will lose another organiser which we have already seen in the past.

As there will be many riders on a weekend, especially after the wakeboard champion, it is important that all new riders just take care. I am sure the instructor knows what to do but safety first.

Punggol got many wake bullies one!!!

and Mark...mai hero lah...:nehnehhh:

ur england so chim....write so long. i also no knwo what u write. but dun bully my gal okie.
i internet hero u say one mah.

fiercepink;253364 said:
When you come back, it'll be monsoon season man. We'll organise one early in the morning so Phil can break into his BUTTER!!

monsoon good. means i cannot go diving at dayang. do everything locally.:)

fiercepink;253364 said:

FP
dun read too much into phil's post. he can pay $50 yet not turn up for event one. pilotsnoopy say one.

fiercepink;253306 said:
We have tried number of wakeboarders and it's unfair cuz some people go for second rides and we try to fit in rides depending on time. The average ride time is about the same just a couple of minute difference. Most people go out 20-30 mins per ride. It's a common understanding for the shop itself that we just go in to pay for per ride. We're not bugged by the little differences. And sometimes we don't even know we're going out on bigger boats then we end up paying more but that's also fine cuz the price is not ridiculous. It is not that I don't wanna disclose but that's how I usually pay and so goes for the rest of my friends.

Launch2000 is a good school and i'm not trying to cheat anyone's money. I'm just trying to put out as much info as I can. I thought I'd just organise a small one just for the fun out of it cuz it's not alot of money involved but I didn't know I have to be this detailed. Next time I will take note and hunt for all the info before organising an event. If you guys don't feel comfortable with the arrangements this time, we can reschedule it until I can get all the info needed.

Launch 2002 Wakeboard School - WF-Channel

Cheers,

fiercepink;253312 said:
Alan is very flexible. If we wanna do shorter time, he's fine with it. Liek I say, it's by rides so as long as we're tired and don't wanna ride anymore, we can just head back and not pay for the extra time.

FP, I am from the same wakeboard school and Kelvin is my coach. They have a few boats and they reserved the boats basing on the no. of riders, especially on a weekends.

Currently you have 5 riders, they will take the small boat without the counter weights.

I just want you to be careful on the prices, thats all. No one wants you to pay the extra charges but just don't want to lose another organiser through wrong info only.

BTW, to all new riders, ALAN is good, I can vouch for their school.

Enjoy and be careful...

Who's your girl? You dreaming or what? Phil can pay for our rides, I don't mind... Heehee... You can just drop me a cheque Phil, Hitmee say one.

yeah but i still paid didnt i.

hey, how to wakeboard with broken collarbone? wanna take me to hospital again is it?

I think FP rocks.

actually, $45 dam cheap. I own a speedboat, cost me at least that per hour just in fuel, forget about the board, the life jacket, the maintenance blah blah

Just go, have fun lah, complain about money no use

phil;253360 said:
got wake bullies? thats it, im coming, protect FP

Yes, phil. There are a few assholes who think they are damn good... They like to bully the newbies one... I am not joking and especially on a weekends...hiazzz, seen a lot liao.

fiercepink;253364 said:

BEST RIDES are always in the morning.......

hitmee;253366 said:
ur england so chim....write so long. i also no knwo what u write. but dun bully my gal okie.
i internet hero u say one mah.

hahaha, act hero AGAIN......

33;253374 said:
FP, I am from the same wakeboard school and Kelvin is my coach. They have a few boats and they reserved the boats basing on the no. of riders, especially on a weekends.

Currently you have 5 riders, they will take the small boat without the counter weights.

I just want you to be careful on the prices, thats all. No one wants you to pay the extra charges but just don't want to lose another organiser through wrong info only.

BTW, to all new riders, ALAN is good, I can vouch for their school.

Enjoy and be careful...

Nbzzz and SawaDcup... why you nt going huh?? which part of the world r u in now??

phil;253378 said:
actually, $45 dam cheap. I own a speedboat, cost me at least that per hour just in fuel, forget about the board, the life jacket, the maintenance blah blah

Just go, have fun lah, complain about money no use

Tattoo angmoh seow, can u sponsor me.. i cheapo. selling wood is tough u noe.

FR, see u Saturday. Andy Lau aka OLL.

Orh LuLu;253383 said:
Nbzzz and SawaDcup... why you nt going huh?? which part of the world r u in now??

Tattoo angmoh seow, can u sponsor me.. i cheapo. selling wood is tough u noe.

FR, see u Saturday. Andy Lau aka OLL.

Bro Orh... I bet u will fall in love with this sport.. haha.. its quite shiok once u master the skill.... i love it so much but too bad i cannot swim so have to give up... anyway.. enjoy guys/gals.. take more pic... hehe

Orh LuLu;253383 said:

Sawadee Krup.....coming back liaow...

acutally, was thinking to go but not sure if i can make it..... but i know you are going to love it.. you will call me soon for a individual one lah....

So i wil expecting your call soon...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok365top

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back