Warped HRE Forged Rims

wlkoh

Hi bros/sis,

Anyone out there encountered issue with their original HRE rims warping under normal driving conditions? (Attached photo)

I bought mine from the SG distributor in Tagore back in Dec 2012, driven only

Re: Warped HRE Forged Rims

Nowadays, a lot of Singapore roads are bumpy.

If your wheel is a one-piece design, and it is forged, ask for a replacement. It will take a serious bump (a huge pothole) to create that.

Yes, mine is a one-piece forged 20" P40SC.

Unfortunately, the distributor I bought from has since lost the distributorship. The current distributor suggested I write to HRE directly and this is the response from the Sales Director at HRE corporate:
"I don’t know what to say to you.
I understand you are disappointed with having damaged your wheels (especially at the price you paid) but it but I am very honest with you about what to expect. Road Hazards are not covered.
Our 6061 T Aluminum simply does not bend without an extraordinary impact.
To illustrate and make an analogy, if I may, I wear a Panerai watch and two months after the purchase I scratched the crystal on the arm rest of the aircraft I was sitting in. it is a $10, 000 watch and it was brand new. I called Panerai service center to hear what they had to say.
The crystal scratch is not covered by the warranty was their comment. As unfortunate as it was for me, the scratch was my responsibility.

Your issue with our wheels is exactly the same.
As mentioned below, if you need replacement wheels, let me know and we will write you a quote."

A scratch on the panerai does not affect the performance or telling the time, but a wraped rim does affect the stability, safety and performance of the car. Cannot understand why HRE compare a wrapped rim with a scratch on the panerai watch.

By the way, the current distributor being the HRE distributor don't bother to write on your behalf and ask you to contact them directly??? So that is how much the support give for being a HRE distributor.

And I wonder how much of a force is required to bend their 6061 T aluminium? Its now not about the rim being scratched like his panerai, rather, its more like the panerai have its movements poped out of its casing mid way into flight.
That guy might be high on drugs when he replied.

Bottom line is, HRE sucks and doesnt bother about shit aftersales service, they are only interested to sell and forget.

Not only they refused to check on the problem but just jumped into asking you to ask them for a replacement quote.

Just tell them their 6061 being warped like this on normal driving is like saying diamond being scratched by air.

Either the 6061 is fake or the rim is fake.

Wait! Actually 6061 without proper tempering is not exactly strong in yield strength...means they use lousy material or the guy just smoke you?

That bull sh@t !!!! Warped and scratched are 2 different issues.

But seriously looking at just this 1 pic, it looks like you hit a pot hole...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hre reply implying you damaged it and expect it to be covered under warranty . Steady lei. Btw I wanna change to conti tyre Liao, after such an "extraordinary" impact still ok never burst or damaged .

I even provided photo with serial numbers provided. Each rim is custom ordered to specific offset and so I expected them to be able to bring it up in their system. Best they ask me to ship back the rims at my own cost for their assessment and provide them proof of purchase. Makes me feel like HRE rims are dime a dozen in the market.

Guess what cheesed me off is that they insist on "road hazard" damage without even offering for the local distributor to take a look.

I applauded that sales director for his confidence in HRE products.. But his response really destroyed all confidence I have as a customer in their after sales support. Wonder what makes him think anyone would still want to pay through their noses for replacements after such a response?? *scratch head*

WTF man. The example he quoted is uncalled for. So he is using panerai as his bench mark for service standard?

wlkoh;1088211 said:
what cheesed me off is that they insist on "road hazard" damage without even offering for the local distributor to take a look.

Sales director must be a psychic...

t2YKz9EGFXbGo0pTkUnhIKkPGzjKQQ2jfMEBajl4YiI7e3VaLKiLFr-wAwTr6qxxtWG_=w300

Give them one more chance and write to the CEO .....

Ops and sales guys are biased in their respective areas .....

I was given the run around by the distributor, support head and sales chief for my exhaust issues ...... Then I wrote to the CEO and said her company is terrible. She viewed reputation is above all and made sure the customer issues are addressed.

If that doesn't work for HRE then they really full of shit .......

wlkoh;1088211 said:
I even provided photo with serial numbers provided. Each rim is custom ordered to specific offset and so I expected them to be able to bring it up in their system. Best they ask me to ship back the rims at my own cost for their assessment and provide them proof of purchase. Makes me feel like HRE rims are dime a dozen in the market.

Guess what cheesed me off is that they insist on "road hazard" damage without even offering for the local distributor to take a look.

I applauded that sales director for his confidence in HRE products.. But his response really destroyed all confidence I have as a customer in their after sales support. Wonder what makes him think anyone would still want to pay through their noses for replacements after such a response?? *scratch head*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88events
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back