Wat are good tyres for our 3 series bimmers

Re: Wat are good tyres for our 3 series bimmers

My "hypothesis" if you read properly was about driving non-F1 like or like a sane person (meaning like any other Nissan Sunny or Vios).

Of cos when driving a BMW or Audi or other conti cars, the power and torque will make you wanna drive the car abit more spiritedly and hence good tyres are necessary. This is not wrong and thus the discussions regarding good grip, good stability blah blah will hold true.

I know of one person who claims to drive an M5 and is on Hankook tyres....he says very comfy and good for family use and he has no hair. The last part irrelevant and I never say jonleeck.

These things are very subjective. Pirelli fanboys will middle finger Goodyear as Goodyear will middle finger Yokohama etc etc. But there must be some good in all these tyres no? If not all these "lesser" brands can close shop..YET they are standard on many stock cars...unless u say the likes of Hyundai and Kia wan their customers to all go into longkangs when raining.

But even if accident, we can always say ccb gahmen. So its not the tyre's fault

Same goes for BBK.. why must conti cars use only ang moh brands and not VVTR or JBT or Nashin??? These lesser brands BBK will cause braking failure and also have cars long kang bound?

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, if anyone would to drive sanely, why would anyone needs BBKs? For aesthetic purposes?

Stock cars' equipment has cost element in consideration.....

kenntona;1051408 said:
Well, if anyone would to drive sanely, why would anyone needs BBKs? For aesthetic purposes?

On Sg roads.. 90% yes. Including me but its all part of modding. Why do we need rear spoilers on SG roads? We need downforce meh? And why do u need OLED steering? Ur car doesn't have the details on the speedo or idrive? Or M5/M3 mirrors? Ur car M3/M5 meh?

pReTeNd3r;1051389 said:
Agree with MW. I regretted switching from CSC5P to PSS. PSS is kan si lang noisy... PUi Pui

thought your exhaust is louder?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I am sorry but I cannot fathom this - someone who will spend a bomb on bodykit and wheels and what-not actually contemplate on cost savings over tyres?

[I am assuming cost saving is the key consideration cause I cannot visualise a preference of Chao Yang tyres over PSS or RE11 based on some research - my assumption could be wrong]

When you need it, and we will never know if and when we will, the performance of these tyres could well be your life saver - the only contact patch between your ride and the road.

Why haggle over this small $$$ against your life?

kenntona;1051414 said:
I am sorry but I cannot fathom this - someone who will spend a bomb on bodykit and wheels and what-not actually contemplate on cost savings over tyres?

+1

Everything has to have a balance. Mod till hiong hiong but bargain and nego and go for cheapest used tyres to save a few hundreds..then get into accident and come to forum complain this tyre brand is the worst of all brands etc etc.

But that again like I said is a subjective and very individualistic choice. U cannot tell a hardcore modder tat he is a wannabe or badge whore just because he adores the brand but has no money to buy the real thing. In the end, his money, his way of doing up his car, his choice. Not yours. I never say me.

Same goes for tyres. Wan comfort and quiet?..u know the brands, u can goggle the pros and cons of buying those brands. U come in here u just hear guesswork, hearsay and limited user experience since Sg roads really too short and shitty to experience any tyres' full potential..like bbk

MW said:
On Sg roads.. 90% yes. Including me but its all part of modding. Why do we need rear spoilers on SG roads? We need downforce meh? And why do u need OLED steering? Ur car doesn't have the details on the speedo or idrive? Or M5/M3 mirrors? Ur car M3/M5 meh?

A true mod king knows his mod priorities. A poseur only mods things that are visible.

"Handling? No need lah. Coilovers? No need lah, springs can liao. Tyres? Black black, cannot see brands leh."

Nuff said.

kenntona;1051416 said:
Coilovers? No need lah, springs can liao. .

PCB u say me ahh? Ok I go buy coilovers after I get bonus.

MW;1051415 said:
+1

Everything has to have a balance. Mod till hiong hiong but bargain and nego and go for cheapest used tyres to save a few hundreds..then get into accident and come to forum complain this tyre brand is the worst of all brands etc etc.

But that again like I said is a subjective and very individualistic choice. U cannot tell a hardcore modder tat he is a wannabe or badge whore just because he adores the brand but has no money to buy the real thing. In the end, his money, his way of doing up his car, his choice. Not yours. I never say me.

Same goes for tyres. Wan comfort and quiet?..u know the brands, u can goggle the pros and cons of buying those brands. U come in here u just hear guesswork, hearsay and limited user experience since Sg roads really too short and shitty to experience any tyres' full potential..like bbk

rem to install in car cam too.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

actually for lowered springs, I think I get Bilstein B6 or B8 can liao...Then I can tell whole world I got Bilstein and quickly walk away before anyone asks Bilstein wat...

kenntona;1051414 said:

[I am assuming cost saving is the key consideration cause I cannot visualise a preference of Chao Yang tyres over PSS or RE11 based on some research - my assumption could be wrong]

When you need it, and we will never know if and when we will, the performance of these tyres could well be your life saver - the only contact patch between your ride and the road.

I m the opposite of what u juz mentioned. My car was as stock as it could be aesthetically. But i die die also must buy the best 16" tyre i could find.

So that i can tell ppl BMW very stable. 1 wheel run over water ponding @ 110km/h also no feel. Driving with cruise control, i can open a can of coke with 2 hands.

End of OT.

thanks all, then may i ask usually PSS for a set costs roughly how much. Going shopping le. Tread marks showing and the trough ending.

The Guardian;1051406 said:
Anyone heard of Roadstone? Korean made.
I'm trying it on a Honda. Grip is not bad but a bit noisy.
Best part is quite cheap. I bought 19" Roadstone (8000 I think) for less than 280 a pc.
Not scare can try...

For my F10, I use PSS cos everyone says good and so i bought from Top 93.
Love it everyday till my wife complain why i paid good tyre for myself but substandard for hers...

Next time pls try west lake and let us know Lol!

Wat are good tyres for our 3 series bimmers

I recommend Top93. Not just because they are BMW-SG site sponsor, but they offer damn good service. Plus they are having a PSS promo.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeerrrssssssss......

seanskye;1051635 said:
I recommend Top93. Not just because they are BMW-SG site sponsor, but they offer damn good service. Plus they are having a PSS promo.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeerrrssssssss......

PSS prices seemed to have dropped significantly since launch. hopefully with promo its much more affordable. Cause at launch, i remember PSS=1 BMW performance BBK (front) for e90.

last check

PSS 19" 235/265 = $1800-$1900
PSS 19" 245/275 = $1900-$2000

18" should be cheaper and 20" should be slightly more expensive

if you want value-for-money performance tyre, check out hankook s1 or v12
the bros in e90post and f10post swear by hankook tyres ...

Went to 93 to change, tempted and upgraded to 18 inc and new PS3, totally love it at this moment thanks guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back