Wat are good tyres for our 3 series bimmers

Re: Wat are good tyres for our 3 series bimmers

Some good tyres for your consideration
PS3, PSS, CSC5, dunlop maxRT

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm thinking about getting Continental ExtremeContact DW's for my next set. Seems pretty good for the price

casper77;1056394 said:
bros, pardon me hor... was tinking of joining the track day organised by the forum then change tire over there... Anyone tried before cos after lapping the tire sure kong off liaoz.
The PSS can last your trackin. It lasted very well in the endurance race which trackday would not punish it as much.

How's the shipping ?

Those are good tyres.......

inferno nexus;1064674 said:
I'm thinking about getting Continental ExtremeContact DW's for my next set. Seems pretty good for the price

Red_Bean_Bun;1064688 said:
How's the shipping ?

Those are good tyres.......

Im located in the US so I'm comparing tires on Discount Tire. US$ 127 for the DW's but I will probably want all-seasons (DWS's) which are US$141. (Tire Details - Discount Tire).

I'm just saying the tires are good based on reviews and price comparisons to other tires on their website. If you can find them in Sg, that's great :)

inferno nexus;1064691 said:
I'm just saying the tires are good based on reviews and price comparisons to other tires on their website. If you can find them in Sg, that's great :)

Oh and excuse my 'tires' vs. 'tyres' spelling.....

DWs are not available in SG ...... I think the DWs are rated better than the Csc5p.

inferno nexus;1064691 said:
Im located in the US so I'm comparing tires on Discount Tire. US$ 127 for the DW's but I will probably want all-seasons (DWS's) which are US$141. (Tire Details - Discount Tire).

Red_Bean_Bun;1064700 said:
DWs are not available in SG ...... I think the DWs are rated better than the Csc5p.

Pity...what did u mean by 'how's the shipping'? From the US to Sg? It's gonna be a lot I think.

inferno nexus;1064706 said:
Pity...what did u mean by 'how's the shipping'? From the US to Sg? It's gonna be a lot I think.

That's what I meant ......

Red_Bean_Bun;1064707 said:
That's what I meant ......

Yeah I figure for the price of shipping tyres to Sg, you might be better off getting Michelin PSS's locally. But if you need help getting small items that are unavailable in Sg I may be able to help. Just PM me.

inferno nexus;1064714 said:
Yeah I figure for the price of shipping tyres to Sg, you might be better off getting Michelin PSS's locally. But if you need help getting small items that are unavailable in Sg I may be able to help. Just PM me.

Thanks I might take you up on your offer - I spend my time around the east coast (nj, ny, de) - where abouts are you ?

Red_Bean_Bun;1064727 said:
Thanks I might take you up on your offer - I spend my time around the east coast (nj, ny, de) - where abouts are you ?

On the East too, but farther down south. Atlanta, Georgia.

You can try Nexen 8000 also. BIL got it installed in his A4. Very Quiet ride.

inferno nexus;1064694 said:
Oh and excuse my 'tires' vs. 'tyres' spelling.....
No worries man. I believe it is UK & US spelling. Nothing wrong :)

Go for Goodyear AS2. Tried for few months already n it feels much better then csc5p previously. Braking for csc5p sucks big time as after changing from ps3, within 1 week I kissed backside becos the braking really cmi.
Spare me the statistical stuff or ranking on paper. Practical wise, above r my views after trying all 3 over 5yrs.

I also on goodyear asy2.really value for money.good braking distance and good grip

continental csc5

My take .. run flat is very heavy. For me I use 19" rim with csc5. New design for quiet and very nice grip and cuts in rain.

No complain. Price... I got my whole set from Beryton. Look for Towkay in UBI.. Buy him a beer :)

check13;1065223 said:
Go for Goodyear AS2. Tried for few months already n it feels much better then csc5p previously. Braking for csc5p sucks big time as after changing from ps3, within 1 week I kissed backside becos the braking really cmi.
Spare me the statistical stuff or ranking on paper. Practical wise, above r my views after trying all 3 over 5yrs.
FYI: Ranking on paper? U refering to the manufacturer's paper? Anyway I too agree CSC5 should be 'ranked' below GYAS2.

Also, even the 2 sites of tyre reviews (my references) ranks (non-rft) CSC5 below both the PS3 and GAS2 hor :lol2: :lol2:... and PSS ranked above PS3 and GYAS2. Such reviews are seldom wrong because they are usually non-brand bias and put the tyre through more punishment/test than you can on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe the OEM tyres on the E46s are Bridgestone Potenzas. What do the new F30s come with?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back