Water condensation in LED headlights

Re: Water condensation in LED headlights

Ok, it's now nearly a week since I got the headlights changed, and I'm happy to report that the excessive condensation is abating with each passing day. There is still water vapor but it's VAPOR now, not droplets, and the vapor dissipates after an hour, NOT after 48.

That's all good .... But my F02 is still up lorry and I'm still puttering about in the F20 (which I am beginning to like more and more hehehehehe)

good to hear that. hence, can we conclude that headlight vapour is normal and water droplet is not
and vapour shall clear up within 2 hours

wobbles;804113 said:
Ok, it's now nearly a week since I got the headlights changed, and I'm happy to report that the excessive condensation is abating with each passing day. There is still water vapor but it's VAPOR now, not droplets, and the vapor dissipates after an hour, NOT after 48.

That's all good .... But my F02 is still up lorry and I'm still puttering about in the F20 (which I am beginning to like more and more hehehehehe)

trade-in your F02 for the F20 :D

wt_know;804116 said:
good to hear that. hence, can we conclude that headlight vapour is normal and water droplet is not
and vapour shall clear up within 2 hours

Yes, and this conforms to what the tech manager said. My beef with my previous lights was that the water DROPLETS persisted for up to 2 days!

wobbles;804113 said:

I guess u must be relieved with the water vapour instead of water droplets but my question is like....were there any water vapour problem in earlier BMW models such as e60, e66, e63 etc? For cars freshly delivered back then.
If none, aren't we too forgiving to settle for water vapour-ed headlights cars when we are paying like 200k or much more for the cars?
It's like asking for a strawberry, ppl give us a lemon and when we do demand for a strawberry, we get like half of it only instead of a perfect strawberry that we paid for.

Just my 2 cents

sszone;804131 said:
I guess u must be relieved with the water vapour instead of water droplets but my question is like....were there any water vapour problem in earlier BMW models such as e60, e66, e63 etc? For cars freshly delivered back then.
If none, aren't we too forgiving to settle for water vapour-ed headlights cars when we are paying like 200k or much more for the cars?
It's like asking for a strawberry, ppl give us a lemon and when we do demand for a strawberry, we get like half of it only instead of a perfect strawberry that we paid for.

Just my 2 cents

That's what I challenged the tech manager - I said, "come one, this is not the first time I've driven a BMW. I had no such issues with my E65, nor my (new, redux) F02 (my first F02 was a fcuking lemon, everything also got problem), so what makes you think that I can accept water droplets in my F13?"

He said something about LED lights being different etc, and even new ones may still show the issue. I said BS - get them changed. And I'm glad he did. The new ones seem to be getting better by the day.

As I said, I'm not an unreasonable man. I just want to get what is fair for the price I paid.

I think it's more of a seal issue....instead of getting customers to complain, they should go figure out what's really wrong with it n the cause of the vapour.
For some of the e90s that I worked on, causes of water vapour mostly occur due to the little gaps in between lens cover, headlight set body set due to wear n tear.
Can't be that water vapour come out of nowhere.

Changing of headlight sets is machiam like playing a game of tikum....while the real problem is still not addressed.

2 cents + 2 cents, my 4 cents Liao....keke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back