Weird Sound on my E90

Re: Weird Sound on my E90

There are some wheel bearings at the back. I had similar noise on my e46 previously. Parts are cheap but very difficult to change so labour cost is slightly on the high side.
Anyway no way we can tell - best is to go down workshop and ask them take a look :)

C3P0;782628 said:
There are some wheel bearings at the back. I had similar noise on my e46 previously. Parts are cheap but very difficult to change so labour cost is slightly on the high side.
Anyway no way we can tell - best is to go down workshop and ask them take a look :)
Thanks Bro C3P0,

Point noted. I did that with one of our sponsor workshops....changed the front Wheel bearings....sound did not go away....but will keep this as 1 of the trial and error points.

So i have 2 now, tyres and then rear wheel bearings.

Thanks again for the inputs bro.

Gham Zhia.

Monfreeze Archangel;782657 said:
Thanks Bro C3P0,

Point noted. I did that with one of our sponsor workshops....changed the front Wheel bearings....sound did not go away....but will keep this as 1 of the trial and error points.

So i have 2 now, tyres and then rear wheel bearings.

Thanks again for the inputs bro.

Gham Zhia.

Hi Monfreeze Archangel,
No problem, my pleaure. I used to suspect it was the rear tyres, but turned out to be the rear wheel bearings. Very irritating sound, goon goon goon.
Anyway all the best.

C3P0;782659 said:
Hi Monfreeze Archangel,
No problem, my pleaure. I used to suspect it was the rear tyres, but turned out to be the rear wheel bearings. Very irritating sound, goon goon goon.
Anyway all the best.
Hi Bro C3P0,

yes you are correct...its driving me crazy....even before i can start my car...i can hear the sound in my head.....going mental liao...

Thanks bro, i will do that

Hi been reading the treads with great interest as I also have a problem with weird sound in my E90. Not a very loud noise but like some creaking sound on my driver side door. Sorry to ride on your post bro, but I feel your pain *bangs fist on heart*.....it's just irritating.....:furious:

Spuddy;783689 said:
Hi been reading the treads with great interest as I also have a problem with weird sound in my E90. Not a very loud noise but like some creaking sound on my driver side door. Sorry to ride on your post bro, but I feel your pain *bangs fist on heart*.....it's just irritating.....:furious:
YEs bro,

agreed, try lubricating the door rubbers....might help.....

Cheers

tomace;782180 said:
Hey Monfreeze,

Maybe its e tires. DZ101 gets noisy after 25 000km usage. Soft side walls too.. Its the echo of the wind build up within the wheel section tat travels into yur cabin.

Can consider this, rotate yur tires, pump up yur tires to front 275, rear 295 (working temp as in when hot) and monitor it.. rotor, brake noise are even worst! Bearing noise are not like tat too.

My nee jiam :)

Cheers ~~~
Hi Bro Tomace,

Tried today, pumped the air pressure as suggested but sound still there. btw just to share, sound only appears, when the i accelerate...(foot on the gas pedal).....so the wong wong sound appears when i pedal down at speeds around 75-85km/h...but when cruising at the same speed but with feet off the gas pedal...no sound......would this rule out the tires as the source of the problem....going BONKERS...

Cheers

Spuddy;783689 said:

If yur ride is from PML & still under warranty, get them to install friction tape on yur front & rear door arch section. Noise gone. Body stiff thus causing this noise.

Cheers ~~ :)

Monfreeze Archangel;783735 said:
Hi Bro Tomace,

Tried today, pumped the air pressure as suggested but sound still there. btw just to share, sound only appears, when the i accelerate...(foot on the gas pedal).....so the wong wong sound appears when i pedal down at speeds around 75-85km/h...but when cruising at the same speed but with feet off the gas pedal...no sound......would this rule out the tires as the source of the problem....going BONKERS...

Cheers

Humm ... without sitting inside hearing the noise, kinda difficute to pin point it. Perhaps u may wish to visit yur trustworthly workshop for a check up?

I still think its e tire noise..

*Can text me if u nearby eastside.. 9049 3989 Tommy. :)

Go to a tyre shop and tell them abt the noise. Have them check it out.

tomace;783906 said:
Humm ... without sitting inside hearing the noise, kinda difficute to pin point it. Perhaps u may wish to visit yur trustworthly workshop for a check up?

I still think its e tire noise..

*Can text me if u nearby eastside.. 9049 3989 Tommy. :)
Thanks Bro Tommy,

I am on the east side as well, will text u.

Thanks for the comments bro....

Cheers.

tomace;783901 said:
If yur ride is from PML & still under warranty, get them to install friction tape on yur front & rear door arch section. Noise gone. Body stiff thus causing this noise.

Bro Tomace thanks for the tip. My E90 is pre-loved car so no more warranty. Usually service my ride at R2D auto, perhaps should consult if they do the friction tape. Hope damage is low.

Spuddy;784355 said:
Bro Tomace thanks for the tip. My E90 is pre-loved car so no more warranty. Usually service my ride at R2D auto, perhaps should consult if they do the friction tape. Hope damage is low.

No worries..

R2D should be able to assist u ~~ Friendly boos! :)

ryan75;787646 said:
So has the sound issue been resolved?
Hi Bro,

I did the trial and error on the tyres, swapped all 4 tyres with a bro...and tested out my car....Sound is still there leh...same sound....coming from the engine bay. So now pending to take it to one of or sponsor workshops to get this looked at. will probably get this done next week, and will keep everyone posted.

Cheers

could it be one of the pulleys then?

before i took over my current car, the workshop i visited for an inspection highlighted this slight noise from the engine bay, citing that it is from one of the pulleys and requires changing in the near future.

ryan75;787729 said:
could it be one of the pulleys then?

before i took over my current car, the workshop i visited for an inspection highlighted this slight noise from the engine bay, citing that it is from one of the pulleys and requires changing in the near future.
Hi Bro,

Ha ha....that is another posibility....which workshop? mind to share?

Thanks

R2D. I've benefited and gained quite a few pointers from Rodney during my 2 short visits there to inspect potential E90s before settling for my current.

ryan75;787781 said:
R2D. I've benefited and gained quite a few pointers from Rodney during my 2 short visits there to inspect potential E90s before settling for my current.
Hi Ryan75,

Yes agree that Rodney is good. I visit him every now and then and even service my car there. But he's kinda swamped with loads of appointments hence feel Paiseh to ask for an appointment to trouble-shoot leh :(

Will see how...currently

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back