what do u think abt this ICE?

keyn

Hey all, I was quoted at Acoustic at sixth ave for these...

- CDT speakers CL 41,51,61 TW-251" silk Twtr/ Satnet - 456 4th order xover.
- subwoofer...Velocity VXS 10"
- Amplifier....THA 480
- Preamp.... Lanzar E540P

All cost Sgd1700...

what do you all think about it?
Thanks a great deal =)))

Re: what do u think abt this ICE?

I am not a fan of pre-amp...

CDT, i wud suggest u go for HD range at least... but door have to be cut for e46... for e90, maybe shud put under the seats.

not familiar with velocity and THA... i suspect u will have problem selling them if u do upgrade.

ask for breakdown of the costs...and labour etc.

keyn said:
Hey all, I was quoted at Acoustic at sixth ave for these...

- CDT speakers CL 41,51,61 TW-251" silk Twtr/ Satnet - 456 4th order xover.
- subwoofer...Velocity VXS 10"
- Amplifier....THA 480
- Preamp.... Lanzar E540P

All cost Sgd1700...

what do you all think about it?
Thanks a great deal =)))

i did my setup for ard that price but i got premium speakers with a sub. let me knwo if u are interested..i can hook you up.

oneHeadlight said:
I am not a fan of pre-amp...

CDT, i wud suggest u go for HD range at least... but door have to be cut for e46... for e90, maybe shud put under the seats.

not familiar with velocity and THA... i suspect u will have problem selling them if u do upgrade.

ask for breakdown of the costs...and labour etc.

mine's a E90...
ya thats why i was asking the guy..give me a premium ones...but he says all these are the best already...
and im clueless abt ICE actually...sigh....

since we are at it... i may have a sub to sell.. 12" dual voice coil.. PM me if interested. Comes with orginal packing box and manual, and customed made sub box.

Amp and woofer part numbers looks like blaupunkt ?

Lanzar pre-amp? Hmmm...

CDT CL61s are not that bad, but I would only recommend it coz its bang for buck - budget speaker. I'm very surprised that they have nothing better to offer.

__iceman__ said:
Amp and woofer part numbers looks like blaupunkt ?

Lanzar pre-amp? Hmmm...

CDT CL61s are not that bad, but I would only recommend it coz its bang for buck - budget speaker. I'm very surprised that they have nothing better to offer.

ya thats why... i realized tat they offered me the same specs as Motofish went too...(as checked frm the other thread)
sigh... it looks like im far frm gettin my ICE done now then..
any recommendations for ICE upgrade for genre of music HOUSE and RnB.. with more bass...
budget 2 k??

heard quite alot abt Alpine 701? how much is it i wonder..?
:)

keyn said:
ya thats why... i realized tat they offered me the same specs as Motofish went too...(as checked frm the other thread)
sigh... it looks like im far frm gettin my ICE done now then..
any recommendations for ICE upgrade for genre of music HOUSE and RnB.. with more bass...
budget 2 k??

heard quite alot abt Alpine 701? how much is it i wonder..?
:)

Alpine 701 cost is around two third of your budget liao:laughlik: pretty worth it though...helps a lot unless u changing your HU...

Keyn, 2k is possible but u may have to settle for 2nd hand stuff, which is never a bad option provided u buy from credible people...

Go for more reputable brands. There was a craze for CDT HDs about 1.5 yrs ago mostly cos of the midbass, but it has big backside i remember.

Audison LRx amps was popular for awhile also... in terms of "more affordable" midpriced stuff..

I think at this point... u can skip the H701. Go for the most simple setup now. When u are more familiar with ICe, then u would know wat to get next.

So i wud suggest

change your front components (run passive, ie using the crossovers)
get a sub
get a amp for the front components
get an amp for the sub.

DLS has smaller backsides... which manage to fit for e46 doors. Not sure about yours.

hey i went to hong guan today

he quote me:
focal 4" speakers
alpine 701
infinity amp 4 ch
cadence 12" sub + Broad
3k total...
is it alright?

thanks so much for all your advicess...=)

Whoa Keyn that's a big jump, here's my two cents... Focal is definitely on high clarity (premium)and based on a 12" sub you shld get back gd bass...

However, if you looking at value, check out MAC Audio at www.macaudio.de... German Speakers...

To save costs and have it really gd, you can try MAC's active sub system. It works well and saves you one amp. Then you can get settle in for their Kevlar cone component speakers. On the E90 you shld not have problems fitting in the crossovers.

Alpine amps are gd, so you might wanna get thier 4 ch or settle for a Mac 4 channel. Now remember you want to also make sure you get good cables and proper tuning. Even the best speakers in the world can sound bad if you have bad cables and poor tuning...

Extra bit you might wanna do is do some lower door sound damping with hushmat or equivalent. German car doors are genrally heavy and solid but for the E90 I believe they are slightly lighter. So minimum damping may help eliminate little annoying vibrations and noises...

Cheers mate!

Been using MAC speakers for abt 2 months now. I would say its the closest you can get to focal without the premium. and its so clear when u listen to very fine instruments. I though i was hallucinating with my new setup when i played the same songs i used to play on my previous setup. It was actually the MAC speakers that added alot more detail. Dont forget your headunit is VERY VERY important as well!

Alpine Headunits mates... Elmariachi am sure you cldn't agree less... :)

keyn said:
hey i went to hong guan today

he quote me:
focal 4" speakers
alpine 701
infinity amp 4 ch
cadence 12" sub + Broad
3k total...
is it alright?

thanks so much for all your advicess...=)

Focal 4" ? As in only the 4" mids ? No tweets ? The thing about Focal tweets btw is its brightness, which most people can't take especially if u place them firing at u.

I will definitely skip Cadence. For some reason i don't wish to speculate and no offence to HG, but they seem to always push Cadence stuff. Your 4 channel amp wil not be able to cope with the fronts and the sub.

you should try MAC audio amps..really good and reasonable for a german make.

hey all!!
i've finally installed new ICE on my E90!!
Happpyyyy!!!!!
bass is tight and great pump!!!
haha....eh...except for the hissing sound, but apparently its due to my hi/low converter...will see how...but it doesn't affect me that much...because once the music is turned on, you'll enjoy every part of the bass, tweeter effect and err....just great!!! its the setup that I posted earlier
with 701alpine...blah blah...
oh and damien is nice, thanks man!!!
will post the setup soon ok...!!
meantime, i'm just gonna enjoy my new ICE...hehehe....:juggle: :cloud9: :lol2:

hey keyn - is your sub woofer mounted free air or is it in a box? cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member