What freebies to ask for new E90 320i?

Re: What freebies to ask for new E90 320i?

On a similar note, BMW magazine recently showcased the E90 320si, anyone knows if this particular model is coming here?

You can try the following :
1) Solar films
2) rims upgrade
3) Other BMW or lifestyle accessory - see catalog (within $2K budget)
3) BMW key chains
4) Free bootlid badge - upgrade to "330i" hehehehe
5) Bring your children during test drive- and ask them to chio chio for BMW toys
6) BMW car grooming kits (here I'm taking about a set, not just a bottle of car shampoo).

chinjmes said:
On a similar note, BMW magazine recently showcased the E90 320si, anyone knows if this particular model is coming here?

I doubt it, although it's certainly worth asking. There are only abt 2,300 pieces produced for worldwide sale - and prices could be much higher than models like 323i/325i because of the difference in weight-savings and different parts configuration (engine, etc). Just a guess.

I think every buyer gets the entire grooming kit? That was what my SE told me when I collected my car last year.

Hi all,

I'm an absolute newbie.

Interested in the e90 323i. Just like to know whether the $149k quoted to me is fixed or can it be negotiated lower? If so, how much should I try to shoot for? 4k to 5k?

Anyway idea on whether the sale price at launch was lower?

As for freebies, I guess it should be about the same as the e90 320i??

My SE gave me some sob psychological story (which you can probably guess what it is and I feel is totally unnecessary) and I feel quite bad pushing him/her to give more freebies or lower the price. I'm considering ditching him/her if need be, after all, every cent counts to me too. Anyone with a contact for a SE who is keen to sell or put bluntly, needs to meet target, please let me know (perhpas privately) as I have a friend who is also interested in the e90 320i if the price can go down below $129k by a fair amount, say, 4k or so.

Any comments / help appreciated.

Thanks guys.

zanydog said:
Hi all,

I'm an absolute newbie.

Interested in the e90 323i. Just like to know whether the $149k quoted to me is fixed or can it be negotiated lower? If so, how much should I try to shoot for? 4k to 5k?

Anyway idea on whether the sale price at launch was lower?

As for freebies, I guess it should be about the same as the e90 320i??

My SE gave me some sob psychological story (which you can probably guess what it is and I feel is totally unnecessary) and I feel quite bad pushing him/her to give more freebies or lower the price. I'm considering ditching him/her if need be, after all, every cent counts to me too. Anyone with a contact for a SE who is keen to sell or put bluntly, needs to meet target, please let me know (perhpas privately) as I have a friend who is also interested in the e90 320i if the price can go down below $129k by a fair amount, say, 4k or so.

Any comments / help appreciated.

Thanks guys.

one of my friend got his e90 320 for $127k excluding cash rebate last mth.He was also quoted $4k more than what other dealer can offer on his trade in. However my understanding is the deal fall short of svc package that cost 3kplus.
Disclaimer: maybe my friend took a massive loan so there are more leeway for SE,just a guess.

gd luck in yr bargaining

one hard lesson i learnt is that its not necessarily a good thing to buy from an SE you know or have been recommended by someone UNLESS you have a really recent deal with details and pricing for comparison/bargaining power. the "my friend got this and this from you 3 months ago" you give will most probably get a "thats coz he took more loan/paid higher price/that time COE different" answer from the SE anyhow. its always good to use a fresh deal as reference so brothers who just bought their cars at $XXX are the best starting points.

like one one brother has said, his SE probably thinks the deal was closed the moment he called her...bottom line is, you are the customer and you should shop around prudently and be savvy...ive known countless family and friends who go back to the same SE time and time again thinking customer-SE loyalty actually gave them the best deal, only to find out soon after that the new/younger SEs were giving much better deals for various reasons. quite simply, if you dont value your money much, it doesnt matter. but if youre gonna spend your hard earned money then give yourself more time and effort to shop for the best deal, but without being ridiculous to the SE of course.

Thanks for comments/advice so far.

I'll definitely be shopping around cos I value my every cent. If buying, I would prefer to go to the original SE that served me because of the time and effort he/she put in. I guess if he/she can give me about half of what a rookie can, I would be satisfied but I seem to get the message that he/she is asking me not to get him/her to dip into his/her commission. Its ok only if the company is contributing.

Anyway, I'll consider a 1 year old 523i as well since its within my budget.

Cheers.

zanydog said:
Thanks for comments/advice so far.

I'll definitely be shopping around cos I value my every cent. If buying, I would prefer to go to the original SE that served me because of the time and effort he/she put in. I guess if he/she can give me about half of what a rookie can, I would be satisfied but I seem to get the message that he/she is asking me not to get him/her to dip into his/her commission. Its ok only if the company is contributing.

Anyway, I'll consider a 1 year old 523i as well since its within my budget.

Cheers.

Zanydog :woowooo:

Its perfectly fine and nothing paiseh at all to shop ard, its smart in fact. As a consumer u are entitled to get the best deal, so dont be psycho-ed by those SEs or trade-in guys. Last time when I traded in my old car, some people also tell me " err if i want to buy a BMW, what is $1.5k difference just buy lah". Well its like saying I am Ok to work 30 days a month but just pay me 28/29 days salary. I told my SE, if its $100 difference, I wont bargain for it. If its $1.5k difference, I will bargain and if u cant match AUDI for the price of my trade in car, I will buy the A4. And they did eventually. Oh BTW I was her 5th client of the month:lol2:

Hi all

Recently got my E90 in July 06. Didn't ask for more, they just gave me floor matt and cash card cover. However, they over-trade my E36 for additional 4K, which is good compared to current market that take in as scarp value.

Cheers

Thanks Moli for sharing your experience.

Anyway, I called up an exporter for the value of my car as I was also considering one of the used cars posted on this forum and was quoted a miserable figure for my car. About 6k above paper value. But when I told him I might be getting new car, thats when any lethary on their part disappearerd. They told me that if I were to go to their contact agent in PML, they would give me paper + body + overtrade (total 1.5k to 2k more than what the PML sales guy quoted me).

How does this work and is there anything fishy about this? I guess the sales guy gives him a cut of his commission. So why wouldnt the sales guy give me that same cut of the commission when I go to them directly??

Does this mean that if I go by this route I'm less likely to get a discount off the new car price as well as be able to ask for stuff like vkool, chrome exhaust tip, change to different model of 17 inch wheels?

Thoughts most appreciated.

i thot the PML guys shd give more since they are running this overtrade thingy to entice u to buy their new cars? that said, i would think that if you sell ur current ride with this outside dealer, and assuming u are buying new ride from PML, then u may want to check if PML would be able to honour 'promotion' price since it is suppose to be overtrade on current ride and not 'discount' off new ride

Hi Guys,

Just to share my experience, i also just got my E60 last week and traded in my 3yrs old Toyota. The reason why i change is because PML offered me very high overtrade, in the market the most i can sell my Toyota for around 57K-58K and PML took it in for 65K! So too good to be true signed the paper the same night i was offered. On top of that i was also given floormat, V-Kool and Cashcard cover (Sport steering & 18" Rim was a NO GO!):furious: . After all calculation, overtrade and cash rebate, the E60 cost about $158,000 and have planned to have a full settlement right after the 3rd year. So all in all my interest is about 7K, can someone tell me i have gotten myself a super good deal cos until today i still dun know if that is a good deal a not!:screwedu:

Me too had the car care products!

Cheers,

leealfred

leealfred said:
Hi Guys,

Just to share my experience, i also just got my E60 last week and traded in my 3yrs old Toyota. The reason why i change is because PML offered me very high overtrade, in the market the most i can sell my Toyota for around 57K-58K and PML took it in for 65K! So too good to be true signed the paper the same night i was offered. On top of that i was also given floormat, V-Kool and Cashcard cover (Sport steering & 18" Rim was a NO GO!):furious: . After all calculation, overtrade and cash rebate, the E60 cost about $158,000 and have planned to have a full settlement right after the 3rd year. So all in all my interest is about 7K, can someone tell me i have gotten myself a super good deal cos until today i still dun know if that is a good deal a not!:screwedu:

Me too had the car care products!

Cheers,

leealfred

Bro,
Mind to share,how much is yr cash rebate and the total interest paid of yr loan term?

Hello Turbo,

I have got back $5,617.50 as cash rebate and my monthly interest works out to be around $312.20 (Base on 3.5%). Therefore if i settle the account fully begining of third year after paying 36 months of interest works out to be $11,239.20. So all in all interest paid less rebate is around $$5,621.70 for 3yrs. Normally, i will just take 3yrs loan but after some calculation its more worth while to take the 7yrs loan with cash rebate. Reason being less then 7yrs loan there will be no rebate although interest rate is lower at 3.08%. If i take a 3yrs loan base on 3.08% interest i would be paying $10,194.00 on interest for the 3yrs even for. This is how i work out my sums, if there is any wrong calculation please do let me know!

Cheers,

leealfred

leealfred said:
Hello Turbo,

I have got back $5,617.50 as cash rebate and my monthly interest works out to be around $312.20 (Base on 3.5%). Therefore if i settle the account fully begining of third year after paying 36 months of interest works out to be $11,239.20. So all in all interest paid less rebate is around $$5,621.70 for 3yrs. Normally, i will just take 3yrs loan but after some calculation its more worth while to take the 7yrs loan with cash rebate. Reason being less then 7yrs loan there will be no rebate although interest rate is lower at 3.08%. If i take a 3yrs loan base on 3.08% interest i would be paying $10,194.00 on interest for the 3yrs even for. This is how i work out my sums, if there is any wrong calculation please do let me know!

Cheers,

leealfred

bro, you'll be paying more then $11239 as interest if you take 7 yrs and repay in 3 yrs. You forgot rule of 78? You'd have paid i est $18000 as interest. Less the rebate you got upfront of 5600 you end up paying interest of $12400, higher then the $10194 for 3 yr loan with no rebate. Well, banks are not stupid. They wldn't give you $$$ 1st for nothing. :)

Bro,

Can you enlighten me on what is Rule of 78? Seriously had no idea about that!

Cheers,

leealfred

rule 78 only apply if u sell ur car before full settlement. if he dun sell his car, i guess it wont affect him much.

loan 107k, 7 years at 3.5%, rebate = $5,617.50, monthly $1586.

if redeem loan after 3 years, amount payable to bank = $69,214 after rule of 78.

36 instalments paid = $57,092.

Total paid = $69,214+$57,092 = $126,306.

Difference = $126306-$107000 = $19306

For 7 year loans breakeven for rule of 78 is 3.5 - 4 years.

Hope this helps.

leealfred said:
Hello Turbo,

Cheers,

leealfred

leealfred said:
Hello Turbo,

Cheers,

leealfred

Hi leealfred,
Interest payment aside, excluding the rebate you receive(to me it's just an early refund of interest payment)i will say it's relatively a gd buy, imagine you just paid arnd $164,000 for yr 523.

may i ask what is their nett nett first offer to you ?

personally, cash rebate to me is crab. Give you 30cent and they take $1 back from you.
This scheme work better for pple who initially don mind going for longer loan period but it can be a mistake to some who prefer shorter loan payment but was enticed to stretch their loan further.

Having say so, if you don subscribe to such offer, SE will be reluctant to offer you gd price and freebies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetceovn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back