What intake are you on?

Re: What intake are you on?

In my humble opinion air scoop are not useful on my 335

Sold it away within 2-3 days ...

Maybe helps on the low low torque...

If you travel 240 I not sure if the scoops holds in place ...

SUPAN;1090380 said:

Not to mention it blocks 30% of the radiator ........

SUPAN;1090380 said:

didnt know you drive 240 on SG road........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi Guys,

with the current TC range of BMWs, the original engine air filter element actually has enough surface area to breathe but dependent on the media. If its paper, its ok, if its K&N, you need to ensure you keep it in good shape as in not too much oil. As for pod filters, only go for it when you rev above 3,000rpm or so.
Without a good intake, even you put up a good exhaust, you may not be able to breathe well. Its like running 2.4km with a N95 mask.

Hi Guys,

with the current TC range of BMWs, the original engine air filter element actually has enough surface area to breathe but dependent on the media. If its paper, its ok, if its K&N, you need to ensure you keep it in good shape as in not too much oil. As for pod filters, only go for it when you rev above 3,000rpm or so.
Without a good intake, even you put up a good exhaust, you may not be able to breathe well. Its like running 2.4km with a N95 mask.

Hurricane;1112799 said:
Hi Guys,

Partly true... it depends on your mod.

Always remember the following ime..

Intake mids n exhaust....

Big intake n exhaust dun help because of the restricted mid. With a catless it will be good with a tune. Without a tune, you feel lagged.

If u are saying n95 mask with a big intake n exhaust, it because u did not tune it. Any mods u will need a proper tune to ensure best performance.

Stock airbox is enough for stage 2 max. Anything more a upgraded air intake is required.

Always tune your car proper.

Hmm reliving this thread! All the experts, is it suffice to say currently with exhaust upgrades and currently stock intake and tuning you be getting improved performance ? Ride is 118i actually looking at remus

What can we do about the mid section? Whats legal? In fact, is any mod to the mid legal at all??

I've got remus and looking to get gruppe m for the intake, coupled with tuning, but this is the thing, if the mid is blocked to hell, than what?

There is no such thing as legal down pipe. Some people swap them out to stock before inspection, then after that replace back after inspection.

You may be right but I'm no expert on tuning. People who do this swapping of down pipe for inspection is normally on PiggyBack (no tuning disruption issue).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
888bfan1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back