What is Nano Coating and Paint Protection System ?

Re: What is Nano Coating and Paint Protection System ?

Ceramic sealant, Glass sealant, synthetic sealant, all of these creates a layer over the paintwork, above the clear-coat.

They are just names for marketing purposes. Glass sealants are named as such cos they contain SiO2 compound.

Sealants definitely last longer than normal waxes.. but colour reproduction is not as good; we are talking about connoisseur level here.

And agree, normal wax breaks down faster than sealants in our kind of climate and humidity.

Coating or no coating, paint protection or waxes, in the end, it all boils down to how meticulous the detailer is. :)

Thanks silencer162.

I am just wondering if wax could be topped over the ceramic sealant to achieve a higher gloss shine. That is ideal.

I am still a fan of ceramic sealant that creates a hard surface against clippings. Wax is soft and while it has a richer shine property as you've said suffers from clippings especially on the front bumpers and side doors.

Fox1;1012919 said:
Thanks silencer162.

I am just wondering if wax could be topped over the ceramic sealant to achieve a higher gloss shine. That is ideal.

I am still a fan of ceramic sealant that creates a hard surface against clippings. Wax is soft and while it has a richer shine property as you've said suffers from clippings especially on the front bumpers and side doors.

Wax is soft, not because Carnauba is soft, but because of the carrier wax.

From Wiki:-
Carnauba (/kɑːrˈnɔːbə/ or /kɑːrˈnaʊbə/, carnaúba, Portuguese pronunciation: [kaʁnɐˈubɐ]), also called Brazil wax and palm wax, is a wax of the leaves of the palm Copernicia prunifera, a plant native to and grown only in the northeastern Brazilian states of Piauí, Ceará, and Rio Grande do Norte.[1] It is known as "queen of waxes"[2] and in its pure state, usually comes in the form of hard yellow-brown flakes. It is obtained from the leaves of the carnauba palm by collecting and drying them, beating them to loosen the wax, then refining and bleaching the wax.

100% pure carnauba is hard and would not be able to bond with the paint surfaces. It needs a "carrier" for it to bond to the paint surface, thus the "soft" properties.

I've been working with detailing stuff for years.. just some knowledge sharing here. Cheers.

will PPS protect the car from the infamous petrol wash swirls and scratches?

Erhhh. No 1 cardinal sin is to go to automated car wash and petrol station wash.

if you want the best beading, shine and stuff, go for Autoglym HD wax... Wins handsdown

The best will be a paint protector sealant which is a very hard compound. Followd by autoglym HD wax !!

Silencer162 taught and help to detailed my car.

You can ask him for advice.

hard work ya and not many ppl are willing to spend time to do it but it paid off when you run yr fingers over the smooth smooth surface of yr car plus seeing the water beads running down ...yummy

Cheers

Seraphblade;1012947 said:
if you want the best beading, shine and stuff, go for Autoglym HD wax... Wins handsdown

wt_know;1012941 said:

wt_know: NO! Pls don't go to petrol wash for car wash, it's like using 500grit sandpaper for facial.

Seraphblade;1012947 said:

Yes and no... but I must say AG HD wax is one of the more value for money waxes around.

Of course we got Zymol, Swissvax, Dodojuice and the list goes on.

Mtechnic - thanks.

Can I put on the HD wax despite I already have the ceramic coating done at unique1995?

MTechnic;1012949 said:
The best will be a paint protector sealant which is a very hard compound. Followd by autoglym HD wax !!

Silencer162 taught and help to detailed my car.

You can ask him for advice.

hard work ya and not many ppl are willing to spend time to do it but it paid off when you run yr fingers over the smooth smooth surface of yr car plus seeing the water beads running down ...yummy

Cheers

Thanks for your kind words Mtechnic. :)

Hope u are enjoying your awesome ride... really nice BBK and rims.

Fox1;1012961 said:
Mtechnic - thanks.

Can I put on the HD wax despite I already have the ceramic coating done at unique1995?

Importantly, is that the ceramic coating has cured.

Secondly, ensure that your surface prep is done properly prior to application of the HD wax. U do not want to embed the contaminants in between the ceramic coating and HD wax!

i sibei lazy to wash car one ... even though i don't go petrol car cash
the usual car washing and waxing company also got swirls and scratches
every 2 months than go polishing to remove swirls and scratches

silencer162;1012959 said:
wt_know: NO! Pls don't go to petrol wash for car wash, it's like using 500grit sandpaper for facial.

Last edited by a moderator:

After u washed yr car at petrol station ... When u rub yr fingers over the paint , it will not be smooth , plus probably have a squicking sound ...

The best is you wash yrself and need to use good brand washing car shampoo ... Like Sonax or other more popular brands

wt_know;1012941 said:

Teach yr maid how to wash ya ... Might help

Imagine you did not rinse off the sand or dust on yr car properly, u just wash with shampoo with yr cloth, you are rubbing those sand on yr paint ..confirmed scratches ...

wt_know;1012966 said:
i sibei lazy to wash car one ... even though i don't go petrol car cash ...

MTechnic;1012967 said:
After u washed yr car at petrol station ... When u rub yr fingers over the paint , it will not be smooth , plus probably have a squicking sound ...

The best is you wash yrself and need to use good brand washing car shampoo ... Like Sonax or other more popular brands

Agree. Get some pH neutral shampoos, and depending on your end-state for your car, u might want to choose "Wash and Wax" or those simple "Wash". Both can be from reputable brands and deliver different results depending on what you want to do for your detailing session.

wt_know;1012966 said:
i sibei lazy to wash car one ... even though i don't go petrol car cash
every 2 months than go polishing to remove swirls and scratches

time to go for Frozen colours......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

What's the advantage of frozen colors?

Fox1;1013004 said:
What's the advantage of frozen colors?

i supposed it is easier to maintain than a glossy car.........

plus very likely sure don't have any swirls or light scratches like on gloss cars after some car wash.......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb66pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back