What is Nano Coating and Paint Protection System ?

Re: What is Nano Coating and Paint Protection System ?

Thinking of getting these products, May cost from 400-600, but if you think back, if you don't go for these products and saved instead, you could have got a new whole car resprayed over the years..... Decisions decisions :(

Now you got me all thinking about this .......

Williammm;998135 said:
From what i know, most of the product are just sealant that doesn't last long.
U will nv go wrong going for the below items.

1. Opti-Guard / Opti-coat 2.0
2. Cquartz Glass Coating / Cquartz Finest (new)
3. Honjyo Glass coating

Of the 3 i mentioned, Opti-Guard is the thickest and longest lasting.
Cquartz Glass gives the best glossy look.

Can PM me where to do the
2. Cquartz Glass Coating / Cquartz Finest (new)?

Cheers

Williammm;998135 said:
From what i know, most of the product are just sealant that doesn't last long.
U will nv go wrong going for the below items.

1. Opti-Guard / Opti-coat 2.0
2. Cquartz Glass Coating / Cquartz Finest (new)
3. Honjyo Glass coating

Of the 3 i mentioned, Opti-Guard is the thickest and longest lasting.
Cquartz Glass gives the best glossy look.

Zetough is by Revol right?

Seen their video .

Impressive ....

Red_Bean_Bun;998205 said:
Anyone heard of zetough ?

Red_Bean_Bun;998185 said:
Now you got me all thinking about this .......

Check out Gtechniq EXO. It's used by Paul Dalton, the man famous for his 5000pound car wash.

PM me if u are interested to know more. :)

MTechnic;998253 said:
Can PM me where to do the
2. Cquartz Glass Coating / Cquartz Finest (new)?

Cheers

R69 Ultimate Detailing: 9859 2888 Dennis

* what's the colour of your ride?
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

SapphireSpite;998166 said:
Thinking of getting these products, May cost from 400-600, but if you think back, if you don't go for these products and saved instead, you could have got a new whole car resprayed over the years..... Decisions decisions :(

Resprayed paint is never as good as original paint, which is baked into the body in factory (without dashboard, trimmings and seats)

That is the reason why so many people spend much on paint protection and waxes and detailing. :)

If u asked me, frankly, the most important thing about detailing, is how meticulous the detailer is.

Wax and sealants are just tools to provide sacrificial protection, to the clean paintwork below.

Of course, having said that, some products does last longer than others. E.g. Synthetic sealants will last longer than waxes, but lack the colour "depth" that some car owners long for.

silencer162;998109 said:
Diamondbrite is BS... doesn't last loh. Better off using wax

So you tried diamondbrite already? Online infos said it was lasting, etc. I wanted to have a living proof instead of those infos online as it may be fake.:|

AlvinnLimCY;1012873 said:
So you tried diamondbrite already? Online infos said it was lasting, etc. I wanted to have a living proof instead of those infos online as it may be fake.:|

I have many friends who have tried DB and said it doesn't last.

In short no more water beading = pps gone.

LongIslandTea;1012875 said:
I have many friends who have tried DB and said it doesn't last.

In short no more water beading = pps gone.

So did you tried any good and lasting PPS so far? Seem like quite a number of mates recommend optiguard.

AlvinnLimCY;1012878 said:
So did you tried any good and lasting PPS so far? Seem like quite a number of mates recommend optiguard.

I'm with SONAX's Nano Paint Protect PPS. Entering my 7th month and its still shiny and beading all the same. Never looked back since. Made my decision after I researched more about the brand and compared.

LongIslandTea;1012880 said:
I'm with SONAX's Nano Paint Protect PPS. Entering my 7th month and its still shiny and beading all the same. Never looked back since. Made my decision after I researched more about the brand and compared.

Thanks bros for your infos ! appreciate it very much !

Previously on my white x1, I used Optimum ceramic sealant and I was hugely impressed. Now with my black 320i, I'm using a similar ceramic coating at Unique1995 after much research. 4 months into it and still too early to tell... I think the wear out period is about 18 months before a recoat.

I've read about diamond rite and most other PPS, seems like opting for ceramic is the best option. Any ceramic is better than wax.

By the way, ceramic also help to reduce stone chips... I used to travel Singapore-Kuala Lumpur every week. And was pleasantly surprised to find only a few chips... Earlier, I had to reprint every one year to cover up the chips.

Go try opticoat. This is a permanent coating (AND THE ONLY PERMANENT COATING) , downside is that it isn't as waxy, but beading is great.

Another downside is that if you kenna scratch and want to polish, u need to buff off the current coating...

I agree with Seraphblade as in my previous post.

Paint Protection System (or sealants) is essentially synthetic. Lasting, but the colour reproduction is never as good as waxes.

Wax (or carnauba wax) is natural. Not as lasting (3 months), but it gives a colour depth unrivalled by sealants.

For the best of both worlds, layer wax over sealants. :)

I'm not an expert.

Reckoned from what I've been "sold" that ceramic sealant creates a layer over the paint work. The clear barrier allows light to penetrate and reflect off the paintwork.

As for wax, works the same way but subject to a much quicker wear down.

Given both alternatives, sealant seemed to have edge over wax for me - I wash my car every few weeks and after every wash, the car shines like new. This also works out to be lower cost for me in the long run.

Just my personal observation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88betcodes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back