What to do with the rear speakers?

gr8golf88

I am interested to get some views from bros here on what they do with the rear speakers.

After browsing in this ICE section a little bit, it seems like there are a few options: 1) don't touch it, leave it as stock; 2) disable it; 3) upgrade to a better spkrs connected to an amp; 4) others? What will be the pros/cons?

My ride is E90 320i LCi. I just did some basic upgrade: 1) adding a Genesis Profile 2 amp; 2) changing the front spkrs + tweeters with Morel Hybrid Ovation II (I replaced the window frame with the one with the tweeter mount from PML); 3) Helix hi-lo converter.

Thank you.

Re: What to do with the rear speakers?

Hi,

Sorry, off topic.
But I recently changed to Morel Dotechs for my fronts. Can I ask where and how much u got the Genesis Profile 2 amp and Helix Hi-lo?
Can pm me if u dun mind.

Thanks bro!

2 schools of thought... depends on what type of sound you like. 1 is to disable it completely but that will cause the sound stage to shift to the front of the car. 2 is to hook the stock speakers to an amp and run it through the pre amp so that you just use the rear speakers as surround fillers. This is the way i like to do it.

At the end of the day, best to listen to both setup and decide which one you like more.

lilming;530329 said:
Hi,

Sorry, off topic.
But I recently changed to Morel Dotechs for my fronts. Can I ask where and how much u got the Genesis Profile 2 amp and Helix Hi-lo?
Can pm me if u dun mind.

Thanks bro!

Bro -- I got mine at: Car Audio installation Singapore. Look for Roy. Cheers.

MRacer77;530376 said:
2 schools of thought... depends on what type of sound you like. 1 is to disable it completely but that will cause the sound stage to shift to the front of the car. 2 is to hook the stock speakers to an amp and run it through the pre amp so that you just use the rear speakers as surround fillers. This is the way i like to do it.

At the end of the day, best to listen to both setup and decide which one you like more.

Thanks for the input bro. We both share the same preference. I like option 2 also. But, at the moment, I haven't done anything to the rear speakers yet. See how first... :)

gr8golf88;530728 said:
Thanks for the input bro. We both share the same preference. I like option 2 also. But, at the moment, I haven't done anything to the rear speakers yet. See how first... :)

you would just have to hook the rear speakers up to a cheap second hand amp and turn the gain all the way down cause all you want is a bit of the rear staging. no need more than 25W to run the rear speakers.

tot the rear is required for the reverse sensors? I did a 3 way but kept it connected to the factory set for reverse sensor.

I left mine untouched for rear fill. Sounds unbalanced with only front speakers and nothing from rear.

pengful;530793 said:
I left mine untouched for rear fill. Sounds unbalanced with only front speakers and nothing from rear.

Again like i said, its up to the individual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back