What's more???? Frustration. - Radiator Fan Kaput

Re: What's more???? Frustration. - Radiator Fan Kaput

40k-60k ... quite a few items need to be replaced
80k-100k ... problem start to appear here & there. some big some small :D

franklkk;613826 said:
wow.. Zorro. The way you put it really scare me man... I better keep track with all these items & hope it would kaput so easily.

Bro Davidtch. My car left about 4 yrs +. So, I will drive it till the car send for scrap or sell it to the dealers torenew COE & continuous for another 10 yrs.

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;613830 said:
40k-60k ... quite a few items need to be replaced
80k-100k ... problem start to appear here & there. some big some small :D

Yup. My car is a very good example. :thinking:

franklkk;613826 said:
Bro Davidtch. My car left about 4 yrs +. So, I will drive it till the car send for scrap or sell it to the dealers torenew COE & continuous for another 10 yrs.
When i bought my E39, it is also 5+ yr already. I changed what is necessary to new parts to keep it tip top condition. Currently, i am on my 2nd set (which is the last set) of tyres. Touch wood. Except 1st half yr of ownership, my car is running strong.

High cost of maintenance is part & parcel of driving a blue propeller. Mayb we should have something like this here:
e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

davidtch;613892 said:
When i bought my E39, it is also 5+ yr already. I changed what is necessary to new parts to keep it tip top condition. Currently, i am on my 2nd set (which is the last set) of tyres. Touch wood. Except 1st half yr of ownership, my car is running strong.

High cost of maintenance is part & parcel of driving a blue propeller. Mayb we should have something like this here:
e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

I agreed. Let list down the cost so that any bro here want to buy a used BMW will be cautioned of the maintenance cost & parts.

franklkk;613897 said:
I agreed. Let list down the cost so that any bro here want to buy a used BMW will be cautioned of the maintenance cost & parts.
Actually, i don't mind getting another used BMW in 2012. Another 2 big items that might need to be replaced are Alternator and Fuel Pump.

When voltage regulator in Alternator uplorry, alternator & battery will uplorry.

davidtch;613908 said:
Actually, i don't mind getting another used BMW in 2012. Another 2 big items that might need to be replaced are Alternator and Fuel Pump.

When voltage regulator in Alternator uplorry, alternator & battery will uplorry.

I did change my fuel pump about 2 weeks after collected my car too. So, we really need to plan before buying a used car. In order to cover all the replacement cost. Always slash about $5k of the dealer asking price so that this $5k can be use to repair all the faulty parts.

franklkk;614030 said:
I did change my fuel pump about 2 weeks after collected my car too. So, we really need to plan before buying a used car. In order to cover all the replacement cost. Always slash about $5k of the dealer asking price so that this $5k can be use to repair all the faulty parts.
For me, it is very hard to cut somemore. Paper value + $10k body value.

davidtch;614069 said:
For me, it is very hard to cut somemore. Paper value + $10k body value.

Just try luck only. If successful than consider lucky. If not, nothing to lose. kekekee..

Today I sent my car to another workshop for 2nd opinion. The mechanic uses the diagnose kit to check my car. He said that my car is normal. No error msg of my car's overheating problem. He also did a physical checked on my radiator fan. He said the fan is normal & asked me not to be worry.

I hope he is right. I will monitor again before send it back for a check again.

However, during the diagnosed checked. There was an error msg: "A6D1 - Auxiliary-water pump". The mechanic said maybe is a fault alarm but he can't tell what is this "Auxiliary-water pump"

Anybody here come across this error before?

davidtch;613908 said:

Next year u buy my E60. Everything changed at 3rd year. U would be very lucky :p

MW;614216 said:
Next year u buy my E60. Everything changed at 3rd year. U would be very lucky :p
Next yr i m looking for E81/E87 130. Ur Yam5 too high profile.

Latest updated for my car.

1. Air-con coil leaking. Need to replace.

2. Radiator leaking. Need to replace.

It is true that when a car reach 5 yrs old, wear & tear set in. Problems comes one after another. This time, the replace cost will cost me a bomb. I might think of selling it off my car to replace for VW Jetta. New car make me feel safer. I am afraid that next time my update will be gear box & some other unexpected problems.

Any advice from the bros here the repair cost for the above items?

Regards

franklkk;653033 said:
Latest updated for my car.

1. Air-con coil leaking. Need to replace.

2. Radiator leaking. Need to replace.

It is true that when a car reach 5 yrs old, wear & tear set in. Problems comes one after another. This time, the replace cost will cost me a bomb. I might think of selling it off my car to replace for VW Jetta. New car make me feel safer. I am afraid that next time my update will be gear box & some other unexpected problems.

Any advice from the bros here the repair cost for the above items?

Regards
As i said before, BMW ownership is a journey especially used 1. I would nvr trade an E90 for Jetta.

My E39 is coming to 9 yrs old & two mths ago, water pump ceased while i was parking @ 6:30am on Saturday. I lost pwr steering immediately. After i finishing jogging, call AAS to tow to J4C. Reach home 10am & no car for wkend. I still luv the car.

Indeed is a great experience to own a BMW. I love my car too but if the maintenance cost is too high then I will need to consider whether it is worth to own this car anymore. Driving this car for the past 8 mths, I am expecting more problems might set in cos some signs can be detected so far. Now, I have to take leave to send my car for repair & I can see that my bill will not less than 2K.

Sigh.... I have to take public transport again.

Lastly wear & tear. Door lock at right rear passenger door. Cost me $265/- (part & labour).

List of wear & tear that I have replaced.

1. Gasket.
2. Valve rocker cover.
3. Radiator fan
4. Brake rotor & pads
5. Brake sensor
6. Oil Pump
7. Air-con coil leaking. (on hold)
8. Radiator piping.
9. Rear passenger door lock.

Rgs

Buy 3rd party warranty....TWM

Although they always take their time diagnosing, testing etc but at least most of the parts are covered...:)

stevenwu;671175 said:
Buy 3rd party warranty....TWM

Although they always take their time diagnosing, testing etc but at least most of the parts are covered...:)

And now, you dont have to bother about TWM slow service... cos now can go BVO.

I have group discount deal with them. PM me if anybody wants contact info,

MapleLeaf;671191 said:
And now, you dont have to bother about TWM slow service... cos now can go BVO.

I have group discount deal with them. PM me if anybody wants contact info,

Thanks for your lobang. I may need the contact if wear & tear set in again.

Regards

Latest wear & tear list.

Suspensions giving problems. Need to replace all after a long trip to Malaysia. Now looking for a reasonable price for all my suspension (whether stock or after market).

Another problem I have detected is my air-con unit. After a long drive, my air-con blower from strong to weak. No matter how I adjust the blower speed, the blower remainds at the lowest speed. Until I stop my car, start again & move on. My blower becoming strong.

Need to send for diagnose for faults again.

franklkk;702472 said:
Latest wear & tear list.

Suspensions giving problems. Need to replace all after a long trip to Malaysia. Now looking for a reasonable price for all my suspension (whether stock or after market).

Another problem I have detected is my air-con unit. After a long drive, my air-con blower from strong to weak. No matter how I adjust the blower speed, the blower remainds at the lowest speed. Until I stop my car, start again & move on. My blower becoming strong.

Need to send for diagnose for faults again.

All these wear and tear are normal for this car. My car is rching 4 yrs old this coming dec.

I have replaced the following items:-

Oct 2010: Changed New Gearbox, under warranty
Mar 2011: Changed a new set of shock absorbers
Aug 2011: Air Con fan coil leaking, changed a new fan coil
Sep 2011: :Leaking Vanos sensor x 2 and engine oil filter housing leaking. Changed all the 3 oil seals, change dunno wat pulley and changed the washer fluid water pump due to leaking also.

Today Nov 2011: Now car in work shop to rectify the following, leaking oil sump gasket, leaking engine oil pump, leaking rear axle box or rear differential, leaking power steering piping, changing new whole set of radiator hoses top and bottom and still awaiting for more bad news.

From forums and friends, I have known these common wear and tear issues so my expectation of the car's reliability is still within tolerable limits. But the thing is due to the complexity of accessing some of these problem areas, car will not be ready within a day, thats what pisses me off. At least 2 to 3 days to properly rectify all the problems.

As such, I look forward to "problem free" motoring for the next 2 to 3 yrs after all the rectifications.

Don be too fustrated over all these issues, get it replaced and done up properly and the car should serve you nicely for quite awhile.

Happy Motoring!

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back