Which PPS is good?

Hi Guys,

My good friend just bought a brand new car, and is thinking of applying PPS onto his car to protect the paintwork.

Is PPS really good? Is it a good idea to apply it when the car is brand new?

There are quite a few companies doing this PPS thing. Any recommendations on which one is better?

Appreciate any advice or comments on this.

Thanks.

Re: Which PPS is good?

Hi 715, my current and previous cars have been done by 3mendouz shine. Personally, I think they do a thorough job and as far as the PPS itself is concerned, it does help in terms of protecting your car's paint from bird s**t for much longer than normal wax, but normal wax gives a much deeper shine. My 2 cents' worth

How much does it cost to do this PPS at 3mendouz shine? I'm interested also. How long does it take?

Finally got my PPS done.

To me PPS you kinda have to apply yrly to get the maximum effect.

since every company claims almost the same thing, the more important thing to me is

1. friendlyness of staff

2. after sales service

3. is it hard to book appt?

4. proximity to my home. no point staying in the west and driving all the way to Ubi for touch up.

Anyway after months of consideration and personnally going down to individual shops to talk to them and watch how they work.....I finally decided on Mastertouch in Sin Min.

The guys were detail and best of all they provide car washes and vacuum after your application. this was one of the plus point for me as it was near my house and i can go back every weekend for car wash at $10 only.

The manager Babu even loan me his company car for the day as I needed a car for work.

My car was a 3yr old lexus rx300 and there were tons of scratches and water marks all over the car. The paint was dull ugly. when he promised me that he could restore it to 90% showroom shine less the deep scratches, I took it with a pinch of salt. He told he he needed 1 full day to work on it whereas other shops only needed 4-6 hours.

He assigned 1 of the guys to work on my car and when i collected my car, I was really surprised by the results. Even another customer who was there earlier also was amazed by the results. My car felt like a brand new car.

As I was drooling over my car and touching my car's new glossy paintwork, the guy who was assigned to my car was frantically wiping away my own finger prints on my own car behind me. As if he was the owner and I was messing up his car. It was quite funny. That's the kind of pride and detail the guys have.

Although they are a little pricy as compared to others but it is money well spent. I paid $480 as my car was a luxury SUV and also an old car in bad condition. I guess for saloon cars or brand new cars will probably costs around the $300 region.

Good luck hunting!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back