whisteling sound coming from my e60!!

Re: whisteling sound coming from my e60!!

The irony is that Terry was trying to be serious. Rare, but sincere........

kenntona;475352 said:

Absolutely. Although the 1 month's salary thing might not be the best way to put it but he's just using it as a benchmark to indicate the possible issues one might face.

fiercepink;475357 said:
Absolutely. Although the 1 month's salary thing might not be the best way to put it but he's just using it as a benchmark to indicate the possible issues one might face.

terry may not have come across properly, given his penchant for being frank and straight talking, which regret may not be used to. but terry's intentions were pure and sincere, such a pity the interpretation is so skewed.

nYteMarE;475361 said:
terry may not have come across properly, given his penchant for being frank and straight talking, which regret may not be used to. but terry's intentions were pure and sincere, such a pity the interpretation is so skewed.

terry never learn from kim_pioneer

"dear bro regret...

i regret to inform you your regret...blah blah blah...

*long regret story*

May your regret be over soon. mai regret liao.

my sincere regrets,

Terry"

sometimes cannot be so straight hor?

kenntona;475352 said:

Hahahaha +1.

This is one of the few times Terry actually offered up his wealth of experience, having modded and remodded his beloved E60 umpteen times...

terry dun suan. he fark in the face.

regret i think you have mistaken

(i dun believe terry's salary is 5k/month. more liek 5k/day. he is so humble)

fiercepink;475349 said:
To regret, I was looking back the conversation and to be absolutely objective, I don't think Terry was giving sarcastic remarks targetting at you. I remember Rodders once told me when you reach 100k km for a BMW, problems come in in stages. These are comments from past owners giving valuable advice. Maybe his choice of words isn't the best around but I think he meant well. Unless both of you have got an arguement that i don't know of out of this thread, otherwise, I think Terry was just being nice. I'm not siding Terry just because he's a really sweet young boy but because he really loved his e60 when he owned it. It was very well cared for and he knows his machine very well then. If you would search, go hunt for the threads whereby he contributed on car detailing and you'll know that if given a choice, he wouldn't want to part with his e60 then.

Cool down and look back on the thread... There were some OTs but those are considered common but to get so angry with a fellow forummer who was contributing in a positive nature to your thread, I think the reaction was uncalled for.

Have a good weekend...

u need quotes? sweet young boy? dun think so to me...more like arrogant young boy. i told him b4 alr..i dun need comments from him.

Terry
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_454171", true);
9000 RPM

Currently driving: something that does 4km/Litre Join Date: Dec 2005
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

Re: still haven got my ride...
seriosuly... u are driving a blardy car... and a blardy bmw...

whats the diff between 7k dep and 8k dep... 1k also make u think so much?

are u the kind who stop by the shoulder lane for 5 mins to avoid ERP....

and shake the hell of ur car when filling up in JB?

21-07-2009, 10:49 PM
[SIZE=-2](change avatar?)[/SIZE] Welcome to regret! Search Results Powered by OXiDE search ....radical results (TM)
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_454999", true);
Cruising Along...

Currently driving: Join Date: Feb 2005
reputation_balance.gif

Re: still haven got my ride...
appreciate all the comments, kind or harsh!!
terry u are right!! i am sibe ngeow wan...i used to do shake my car in jb 10 yrs ago!! :p bt im not ashamed of myself...i think its perfectly fine to do tat, maybe u think its shameful or maybe u are very rich, tats y u dun do tat. i was just a poor chap driving a mit colt last time, so wad ever i can save on, i will do it. smuggle cigi out, meddle with the pump needle..etc

now back to the depre part. i bot the first batch of altis when it just came out. i still rem, 74k i paid. after driving for 18mths, i sold it at 47k(loss 27k!!!!)for my 1st 318 e46. & tat was the last time i will buy a new car. After tat experience, i learnt how to calc depre and from den on, all the cars ive driven, my losses/depre are very predictable.

e.g. subaru legacy gt, drove for 5 mth. bot 82k, sold 79k.
nissan fairlday. drove for 9mth. bot 90k, sold 89k.
current mit oulander, drove for 18 mth. bot 60k, sold 51k.

maybe to me, i dun come from a rich family, money earned is nt easy, tats y i am more calculative. so those who still think im ngeow and shameful, maybe u can try not to view my thread? tks!!

pilotsnoopy
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_475336", true);
///M-Power!

Currently driving: Join Date: May 2004
reputation_pos.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by regret
im picking on him? cant u tell he's picking on me first? like i said, im here to ask for advice, not to be SUAN.

how would u feel if ur car broke down, u asked fo help, someone just gives ur car another kick in the a s s?

simi taichi...of all ppl hoot Terry...he related his experiences...wtf u want to pick on him for?
ASS is ASS. say it like it is. wanna fuck ppl still act civilised. pui.

i will kick and kick and kick you again...

terry u also need to be gan...so nice to such fucker for what? let him regret la...knn

snoopydog, i type A S S is becoz some forums dun publish the word as it is...tats y i spaced out...im not trying to be civilised abt it...anyway i dun care a FUCK abt wad u say aso. so F off.

anyway, i suppose some forummers here are terry's supporter and will definitely side him, well im outta here..have fun poking other ppls A S S, hope u dun get it back 10x.

fiercepink;475357 said:
FP, i don't the repair cost is as hi as Terry commented. I bought a E39 2002 wif 120k mileage. 1st year, it is close to 10k, which includes alternator, battery, fuel pump, water hose, tyres, shocks & etc. 2009 is its 2nd yr wif me. Currently, my maintenance cost is below $2k.

We should have regular Meet-and-Throw-Water-Bombs sessions for all forummers, old and new.

Hey Regret, I don't think Terry was being funny. He's serious for, like, this one time that I know him. He was just stating the facts. I think normally in the forum if you don't like that person just close that one eye to his posts la.
Its only the internet no point getting all upset over it. Hope your car gets fixed soon.

Terry;475308 said:
i am not suanning lor..im stating the truth lor... its indded my experience.. i have no intention of suanning you or offending you... i apologize if i did so...

anyway what i say was 100% percent truth.. it happened... i know of many E60s owners too...and yes..what i stated was a common problem and prices are not made up too...
Well done Terry for holding back and apologising. Many people would have replied nastily and turn this whole thread into a war, especially after being call a Fxxker...

bmwF1;475495 said:
Well done Terry...especially after being call a Fxxker...

But that name isn't exactly wrong izzit?:woottt:

arguingOnTheInternet.jpg

Why regret is bringing all the previous thread when the problem is here?

Why is regret pin pointing at FP? U chauvinistic pig!

regret;475238 said:
im here to ask for help and not get sarcastic remarks...i told u b4 alr, if u cant stop being sarcastic den get lost, dun come to my thread, there r so many threads out there for u to crap abt. i dun need stupid contributions from u. U r not the only one who knows abt bmw.
he is speaking the truth..why shoot him in the ass?:hmmidont:

regret;475246 said:
oh btw, 5k/mth i wun dare to drive a bmw...hmm..im wondering hw much u make a month? 10? 20k? or maybe ur family rich just need to open ur mouth and get from daddy? if not, i hope ur car dun break down. :p
Terry is rich..i don't think his hummer breaks down..more like he breaks ppl's car..:errr:

regret;475249 said:
boy, u must be driving a super top notch car tat nv got torned by any other car...fastest in the WORLD!!! really envy u, driving a new car, expensive taste, making so much $$.

they say vios is the fastest car.u knw Y? cos u always c one in front of u :)
Terry never loses a race..he ruins it by crushing the opponents using his Hummer..mai siao siao..u envy him? me too..he rich.. btw i drive vios..thanks for making me feel like a winner.:chinese:

regret;475403 said:
u need quotes? sweet young boy? dun think so to me...more like arrogant young boy. i told him b4 alr..i dun need comments from him....

...snoopydog, i type A S S is becoz some forums dun publish the word as it is...tats y i spaced out...im not trying to be civilised abt it...anyway i dun care a FUCK abt wad u say aso. so F off.

anyway, i suppose some forummers here are terry's supporter and will definitely side him, well im outta here..have fun poking other ppls A S S, hope u dun get it back 10x.

Whoa, you are indeed ngeow like you said you are. Dig up all the old posts.

What I can say is that many of us have met Terry, know him personally, gone on drives with him, played futsal, tcssed at workshops, meetups, etc, etc, over the years on the forum.

Your impression of him is only what you can gather from his posts here.

So who is more qualified to judge Terry? Many people have said many times that his (internet) bark is much worse than his bite and he is actually a funny teddy bear in person, because they have had actual face-to-face contact with Terry (hitmee, I know what you are going to say you hamann face).

Just like C3P0 who has presumably had some contact with you - he is vouching for you.

Besides, Terry has apologised for the manner in which he posted his experiences. And I believe in the old thread, he left it alone after you explained your rationale behind being calculative.

As for your comments to Pilotsnoopy, I think someone who really doesn't give a f*#k won't even take notice, let alone reply, and reply in the manner you did.

fiercepink;475349 said:
I remember Rodders once told me when you reach 100k km for a BMW, problems come in in stages I think Terry was just being nice. I'm not siding Terry just because he's a really sweet young boy.
no wonder you driving VW GTI:goodup:
he where got young..:hmmidont:
MW;475411 said:
We should have regular Meet-and-Throw-Water-Bombs sessions for all forummers, old and new.
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! ONz:goodup:

Pilotsnoopy is a real person? Wow......

bmwF1;475495 said:
Well done Terry for holding back and apologising. Many people would have replied nastily and turn this whole thread into a war, especially after being call a Fxxker...
for the first time ever. :shock::shock::shock:

davidtch;475410 said:
FP, i don't the repair cost is as hi as Terry commented. I bought a E39 2002 wif 120k mileage. 1st year, it is close to 10k, which includes alternator, battery, fuel pump, water hose, tyres, shocks & etc. 2009 is its 2nd yr wif me. Currently, my maintenance cost is below $2k.

To be frank it is not a fair comparison I know a few e39 owners and the e39 is wayyy more durable and holding up way better than the e60 .. as like the previous bmw like e30,36 they all are very durable

Back to the problem with the m54 e60 520i.. That's probably the worst made bmw ever.. Somethings wrong with gearbox in the first place why its replaced by the 523..

I have known a few 520 owners who got the problem.. Cost was 7k..

And active steering was also a problem in that car.. And other electrical issues that doest exist in the e39..

What I said was true I known a lot of e60 owners and they all have their fair share of probs especially the 520i.. U can go to overseas forums and check too

Terry;475509 said:
To be frank it is not a fair comparison I know a few e39 owners and the e39 is wayyy more durable and holding up way better than the e60 .. ...

Yeah, my boss' E39 M5 seems bulletproof, as was his E39 530i before that. But his M5 not monkey-proof cos he langgar one on the NSH and front bumper chui.

Terry;475509 said:
What I said was true I known a lot of e60 owners and they all have their fair share of probs especially the 520i.. U can go to overseas forums and check too

WTF you bought a lemon is it?? LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6king88top

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back