Why my one so short?

Re: Why my one so short?

jinooi;758846 said:
i would like to officially retract my statement...

i was actually referring to a certain doctor, still no names mentioned...

kenntona;758850 said:
I have not seen Roasty for a while.

I never say anything.....

1MinuteMan;758871 said:
I'm also on v-kool. But I did the "lower-all-windows-and-try" test and it didn't help so maybe that's not the reason. And furthermore 156F1's replacement amplifier in the roof fin did improve the range. So maybe height, and putting the remote against chin(s) as compared to hip level, does really help. Better line of sight to the fin?

I tried the chin and hip method. In the end I just felt stupid.... :lol:

Some say you get the best range activating the remote in your pocket for guys, got antenna... But I didn't say the MW tried that to no avail.

detach8;758845 said:
Actually it's true... after I got my V-Kool films done my remote range become very short. Even the in car camera GPS can't obtain lock on GPS and take 10-15 minutes.

Third-party GPS is affected by V-kool as the film contains metal. Solution is to get an external antenna. iDrive Sat Nav uses the shark fin antenna so not affected by V-kool.

My car has V-kool also but does not affect the remote key range. It is 10-20m with or without V-kool, after PML replaced the antenna "amplifier" thingy.

156F1;759299 said:
Third-party GPS is affected by V-kool as the film contains metal. Solution is to get an external antenna. iDrive Sat Nav uses the shark fin antenna so not affected by V-kool.

My car has V-kool also but does not affect the remote key range. It is 10-20m with or without V-kool, after PML replaced the antenna "amplifier" thingy.

Have same irritating problem on my e60. Typically the range is a joke... my keyt musty almost touch my window to lock/inlock my damn car door.

Already confirm there is no improvement when all windows are down.

156F1, can you pm me what is the damage to get the antenna "amplifier" thing done at PML... and how do you tell them what you want replaced? The "amplifier" located in the sharksfin?

156F1;759299 said:

wow then I shall go and make noise liao

black rain;763340 said:
Have same irritating problem on my e60. Typically the range is a joke... my keyt musty almost touch my window to lock/inlock my damn car door.

Already confirm there is no improvement when all windows are down.

156F1, can you pm me what is the damage to get the antenna "amplifier" thing done at PML... and how do you tell them what you want replaced? The "amplifier" located in the sharksfin?

Mine replaced under warranty, so don't know how much it would cost, sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back