Why my one so short?

The range of my 2005 E60 diamond key remote is very short.

I've searched the forum and read the previous discussions on how 'its like dat one", the effect of window films and using one's appendages as antennae.

But I'm guessing its worth a shot changing the battery. Although these are rechargeable batteries, they do have a lifespan / limited charging cycles.

This thread has has good info and pics:
Diamond key replacement batteyr DIY (NO 56K) - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

With my clumsy hands, I'm not confident of doing it myself. Other than PML, can someone enlighten me on where else to change batteries for the diamond key?

Re: Why my one so short?

Short = 1-2m from car?

Mine 2 keys were like that before. I didn't believe the battery needs replacement argument so raise it with PML while under warranty. They changed the shark fin antenna "amplifier" (if I recall correctly) and since then, the range is like 5-10 in carpark and 10-20m in open space.

Imagine if they changed to whale fin...........

If you ask PML to change the fin to a bigger one, then you may be able to even unlock/lock your doors from the highest point in The Singapore Flyer. High class

place the remote touch your chin & press. for sherman is triple chin.

The antenna "amplifier" was replaced, not the antenna fin.

But if wanna change fin, I recommend changing to whale shark fin.

the rumour is that the transmission range of the remote is proportionate to the height of the driver...

jinooi said:
the rumour is that the transmission range of the remote is proportionate to the height of the driver...

You should not hurt Hitmee this way............

jinooi;758735 said:

i think u are too much. toto & hitmee are my good friends.

jinooi;758735 said:

Poor Jinooi.
If he says proportionate to driver's height, he hurt hitmee and toto.
If he says proportionate to driver's kkj length, he hurt Ken and iscoupe.

Always in a difficult position.

Sorry for OT.

iScoupe;758758 said:
i think u are too much. toto & hitmee are my good friends.

u da bro! never mention names! u be hurting them.

If he says proportionate to driver's height and kkj length, then hurt who?

Ya, mine is 1-2 metres, and I feel its too short.

Didn't know the fin antenna has a part to play in receiving the signals. Thought the receiver is located on the rear view mirror or the dash. I dread the day when it can only receive when I'm in the car. Oh wait...

Anyway, those with height disadvantage can jump and press the remote at the same time. No wonder I sometimes see people jumping around in carparks. :)

zorro;758824 said:
If he says proportionate to driver's height and kkj length, then hurt who?

I don't even dare to bring this up. As you know, MW is our bro....

1MinuteMan;758827 said:
Ya, mine is 1-2 metres, and I feel its too short.

Didn't know the fin antenna has a part to play in receiving the signals. Thought the receiver is located on the rear view mirror or the dash. I dread the day when it can only receive when I'm in the car. Oh wait...

Anyway, those with height disadvantage can jump and press the remote at the same time. No wonder I sometimes see people jumping around in carparks. :)

My car has the same problem. But after a while I got used to it. It's irritating though. Keep pressing and pressing and door doesn't open.

Actually it's true... after I got my V-Kool films done my remote range become very short. Even the in car camera GPS can't obtain lock on GPS and take 10-15 minutes.

i would like to officially retract my statement...

i was actually referring to a certain doctor, still no names mentioned...

I have not seen Roasty for a while.

detach8;758845 said:
Actually it's true... after I got my V-Kool films done my remote range become very short. Even the in car camera GPS can't obtain lock on GPS and take 10-15 minutes.

I'm having the same problem. The consolation is I can say Sherman's film is as good as V-Kool.

I'm also on v-kool. But I did the "lower-all-windows-and-try" test and it didn't help so maybe that's not the reason. And furthermore 156F1's replacement amplifier in the roof fin did improve the range. So maybe height, and putting the remote against chin(s) as compared to hip level, does really help. Better line of sight to the fin?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sathyaaimore
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back