Window Tint, which brand Huper Optik, Vkool, Cool n lite, 3M

acupunch

Hi All,

Not sure it should be post on the Exterior or Interior.

Been thinking to tint my ride. I've never done any tinting in any of my previous 3 rides. 3 reason why am I considering doing it.

- aesthetic purpose, see many dark cars tint looks very chio.
- hopefully would be cooling, as i realise conti cars air-con not so cold campare to JDMs.
- raising crime rates in JB, as i need to drive in everday cos I lived there.

been searching and reading threads about windows tints in the forum. BUT still can't decide. Cos some said HO is great. Vkool needs to cut holes. CnL installation dusty. and some said the opposite. So a bit confuse. also most thread were posted years ago.

Hope bros here can shared again their experience, especially those jus did theirs recently.

Date?
Wher?
Brand? (Best include spec/type for Front n Rear)
Cost?
Review?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Window Tint, which brand Huper Optik, Vkool, Cool n lite, 3M

My experience and opinions given to me within the legal limits....... V KOOL !!!

Within the legal limits, only V Kool has the reflective material to deflect the rays off - hence the perception that ERP gantry cannot scan our IU - this is not true about cutting "holes" for legal version. Of course, I cannot vouch for it if you go higher tint - but doesn't that suggest that the quality is better? I mean, if anything can potentially interfere with the ERP gantry's scanner, it has to be thicker than the other brands, and if it is thicker, it has to be more insulation there...... okay okay, not exactly flawless logic, but you'll get what I am getting at.

Cost for my car $680 plus sunroof $100. ZERO bubbling at all. But stick to the main outlet at Sin Ming.

The other issue is the way they treat your car when they cut the film - V Kool is so professional the protective cloth they lay on my bonnet and dashboard looks newer than those I used on my car.......

I'm on Cool n Lite, cheapo package, S$480. Only wanted a dark tint, not so much heat rejection (approx 45-55%), however, there is still a marked difference in heat buildup in the car after a few hours in the sun. U can ask the installer to show u the different tints and they cut out pieces of different tint and stick them on ur car to demonstrate the darkness as well.

The installation lasted only 2hrs so u can sit upstairs, Toh Guan Branch, and watch them do up the tint. U can surf the net or watch tv as well, whilst waiting. After installation, the installer will give u a warranty card as well as a Privilege Card and send u on your way.

They are accomodating in regards to your requests and if there is any installation problems or defects, they are wiling to get it fixed under warranty. Cool n Lite gives a 7yr warranty against bubbles, peeling oxidising, cracking & discolourisation.

Cheerio!

Forgot to mention that I didn't do the moonroof as there is always the shade that u can pull across. Cool n Lite didn't need to cut a hole for the IU unit as well.

Just remember that legally, in Singapore, u can do a 70% tint on your front windscreen and front 2 side windows. 25% is allowed for the rear 2 side windows and rear windscreen.

Did my tint on 17 March 2007.

Cheers!

kenntona;242462 said:
My experience and opinions given to me within the legal limits....... V KOOL !!!

Within the legal limits, only V Kool has the reflective material to deflect the rays off - hence the perception that ERP gantry cannot scan our IU - this is not true about cutting "holes" for legal version. Of course, I cannot vouch for it if you go higher tint - but doesn't that suggest that the quality is better? I mean, if anything can potentially interfere with the ERP gantry's scanner, it has to be thicker than the other brands, and if it is thicker, it has to be more insulation there...... okay okay, not exactly flawless logic, but you'll get what I am getting at.

Cost for my car $680 plus sunroof $100. ZERO bubbling at all. But stick to the main outlet at Sin Ming.

The other issue is the way they treat your car when they cut the film - V Kool is so professional the protective cloth they lay on my bonnet and dashboard looks newer than those I used on my car.......

Not too bad for that price... may I know if it disperse lights during night driving esp when you look thru your rear mirror? I know the front is ok, just the back....

So $680 for a E92 is quite a good price...

i did mine at cool and lite to. premier package. there is a higher grade, titan i think. their spec are blha blah blah.

some question u have to ask urself:

1. what is ur budget? vkool premier is 1100. for me is out!
2. what color you want? i chose green. so cool and lite titan package is out. titan is brown.
3. heat resistance i guess they are almost the same. my previous is on suncool. it serves me well.

i paid 600+ inclusive of my sunroof. UOB got 10% discount. if u go thru PML, got further discount too.

Dezzy said:
... may I know if it disperse lights during night driving esp when you look thru your rear mirror? I know the front is ok, just the back....
So far so good. The rear is a lot darker than the front, but night view gives the same effect as your rear-view mirror's night mode (when you flip up)......

Thanks, just one last question. What is the specification for V-Kool if there is any? Cannot find any reference leh..

U dont want to regret after fixing it so get it right. The choice is clear

V-KOOL !

Most likely liao... I just recalled that V Kool requires 2 pcs to fix on some big windscreen. Any prob here? Got a quote for my car liao. Now deciding bet VKool or Cool N Nite.

Was driving around Sin Ming and saw another brand there called Kacool or something like that. anyone have experience with them?

Dezzy said:
Thanks, just one last question. What is the specification for V-Kool if there is any? Cannot find any reference leh..
Think it is T37 or something like that - maximum heat rejection and within legal limits as far as tint is concerned. Check with them at 6776 5432.

kenntona;242462 said:

Bro Kenn, thanks for detail explanation. Legal concern too my paramount. as I travel both Singapore and M'sia almost everyday. crossing the checkpoint jus too much to rik. Do u have the contact who can I contact for a quotes at the Sin Ming brand. can PMed me? Do I just tell him that I want to stay legal or same as bro Kenn, they will know what to install? cos I read from the Vkool International website, it got V-KOOL Solitaire, V-KOOL Stature, V-KOOL Signature, V-KOOL Meteorite. All got different grade, very confusing. sorry if i confuse u.

Jus some further question for you, also Vkool singapore website, that all Vkool installed by the authorize agent will be covered for life by Vkool company itself not by the shop who installed. Is that true?

Azrielsc;242469 said:
I'm on Cool n Lite, cheapo package, S$480. Only wanted a dark tint, not so much heat rejection (approx 45-55%), however, there is still a marked difference in heat buildup in the car after a few hours in the sun. U can ask the installer to show u the different tints and they cut out pieces of different tint and stick them on ur car to demonstrate the darkness as well.

The installation lasted only 2hrs so u can sit upstairs, Toh Guan Branch, and watch them do up the tint. U can surf the net or watch tv as well, whilst waiting. After installation, the installer will give u a warranty card as well as a Privilege Card and send u on your way.

They are accomodating in regards to your requests and if there is any installation problems or defects, they are wiling to get it fixed under warranty. Cool n Lite gives a 7yr warranty against bubbles, peeling oxidising, cracking & discolourisation.

Cheerio!

Bro Sam, thanks for sharing your experience again. Read your reply to most of the tint queries. PML SA who sold me the car quoted low $2** for installing Cool n Lite using her staff privilege. But she said must install at UBI, not Toh Guan. :( nmv that's not important.

hitmee;242480 said:
i did mine at cool and lite to. premier package. there is a higher grade, titan i think. their spec are blha blah blah.

some question u have to ask urself:

1. what is ur budget? vkool premier is 1100. for me is out!
2. what color you want? i chose green. so cool and lite titan package is out. titan is brown.
3. heat resistance i guess they are almost the same. my previous is on suncool. it serves me well.

i paid 600+ inclusive of my sunroof. UOB got 10% discount. if u go thru PML, got further discount too.

Bro Mark, thanks for not OT this thread, appreciate indeed. Normally I don't work things out with budget as priorities (maybe its bad, cos u might spend more), I like to understand the product and its function then evaluate i value to its cost. also to my needs. $1K its a lot for few pieces of film, but as mention by bro Kenn, $680 + range its fine. but not sure its the premier package? Based on the qoutes given by PML SA, low $2** for cool n lite, not sure its premier package? I doubt i was, but I will check with her again and update all.

Just wonder, since u paid $600 for CnL, why not Vkool like bro Kenn. Izzit u don't want to be same mods?:yummie:

jus joking, no OT pls.

Ahbengdriver;242508 said:
U dont want to regret after fixing it so get it right. The choice is clear

V-KOOL !

Thanks bro ABD, will definitely go down Vkool and rest I interested to see it myself to have some real comparison.

The rear dispersion of light is due to the soapy liquid that the installer use to stick the film onto the rear windscreen and there will be the liquid trapped between the "demister" lines. It takes a few weeks (4-8wks) for the liquid to dry/escape. In my case, it took 6wks as I park my car out in the sun daily.

with the rear windscreen did the installers say anything about the heated strips affecting the window tint or any issues if the tint has to be removed at a later point?

bro kenn one is not premier. if based on spec (heat rejection, uv infra red blah blah bnlah), it lost out to C&L premier or titan packages.

and i decided to use C&L coz when i called to enquire, c&L is damn professional. even when i was there, they gave me excellent services. like wat samster said, u can do many things there. but too bad no chio bu.

if u are looking at spec only, premier to premier, they are the same lah. i know u very leech, no budget constraint. then go for VKOOL premier lor....swee...

else why not just save the 400 bucks? can treat me lim kopi

Azrielsc;242548 said:
The rear dispersion of light is due to the soapy liquid that the installer use to stick the film onto the rear windscreen and there will be the liquid trapped between the "demister" lines. It takes a few weeks (4-8wks) for the liquid to dry/escape. In my case, it took 6wks as I park my car out in the sun daily.

:woowooo: that's was longgggg, somemore your car its JET BLACK... and I read its not advisable to turn on the heating for the rear for sometime before its totally dried.

hitmee;242552 said:
bro kenn one is not premier. if based on spec (heat rejection, uv infra red blah blah bnlah), it lost out to C&L premier or titan packages.

and i decided to use C&L coz when i called to enquire, c&L is damn professional. even when i was there, they gave me excellent services. like wat samster said, u can do many things there. but too bad no chio bu.

if u are looking at spec only, premier to premier, they are the same lah. i know u very leech, no budget constraint. then go for VKOOL premier lor....swee...

else why not just save the 400 bucks? can treat me lim kopi

since u said till so good, must go and checked it out since my office in JURONG, will pop by weekend or next week. need to leave office liow. going COMEX to do user case-study.

P/S: me not leech, cos E90 its cheaper than E92. so maybe that's why i can spend more on expensive MODs. e.g latest CF car air-freshener like bro OLL

acupunch said:
Do u have the contact who can I contact for a quotes at the Sin Ming brand. can PMed me? Do I just tell him that I want to stay legal or same as bro Kenn, they will know what to install?
The contact person is Halim, Eurospecs K70 - Front standard Rear VK70 with 94% heat rejection and 99% UV rejection. According to him, the coupe has a slight greenish tint on the side windows - hence the premier package will not go well.

BTW, there is a difference between which shop (within same brand umbrella) - ask around. General consensus is that some shops are more careful, other are less - hence you will have to watch for the way they protect your car in the process......

I was also about to add that for BMWs, do get the greenish tint to go with our cars... else I feel it is a bit OTT.

Acupunch, we can do together if can get cheaper... I am quite firm on Vkool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500ae88cc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back