Window Tint, which brand Huper Optik, Vkool, Cool n lite, 3M

Re: Window Tint, which brand Huper Optik, Vkool, Cool n lite, 3M

there are 2 offers from 3M that is LTA compliant

a. premium plus ($800) -> 2 tone with rear windows darker
b. crystaline ($1100) -> leaning towards 1 tone with gradual darker

for option a, 2 tones, do you think it looks awkward or awesone on alpine white ?

anyone got photo ???

Hi,

May I know how long does it take for all the 'bubbles' to dry up completely ? It has been 2 weeks since I installed the Vkool(VK40) at Toh Guan and I could still see some bubbles at my rear windscreen. Was told it will take 6 to 10 weeks for it to dry completely. Should I ask them to re-do ? Thanks for any advice.

In my opinion, it depends!

If you always parked in a sheltered area e.g. covered car park, then it may take 6 to 10 weeks.

But, if you parked under direct sunlight intermittenly for several days, then often 2 or the most 3 weeks will disappear!

The only problem is that if there are some particles (e.g. a dust thread or a piece of dust caught in the film, then sometimes... this can remain as a "small bubble".! If the bubble is too big, sometimes, they do use a fine needle to puncture - but do this at your own risks! Let them do it if they want.. not us...

My previous ride was with v-kool and unfortunately.. not well done. When I looked thru the glass... got bubbles for the next 4 years! The bubble(s) trapped the dust particle. Thus now used the Cool n lite...

tansh68;420918 said:
Hi,

May I know how long does it take for all the 'bubbles' to dry up completely ? It has been 2 weeks since I installed the Vkool(VK40) at Toh Guan and I could still see some bubbles at my rear windscreen. Was told it will take 6 to 10 weeks for it to dry completely. Should I ask them to re-do ? Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for the info, will check if there are dust particles and continue to monitor. If it does not dry up in 6 weeks, I will have to replace it.

tansh68;423018 said:
Thanks for the info, will check if there are dust particles and continue to monitor. If it does not dry up in 6 weeks, I will have to replace it.

is it so unsightly that you'd wanna let them redo the job? my vkool job not done well either (but not at toh guan) and i would rather live with any small dust bubble than let them touch my cars again. the stupid film costs less than the damage they can do to your car. I learnt this the hard way. So unless u really cannot tahan the blemish, i'd suggest to just leave it.

one family car is also on coolnlite. the film started to peel off the dot matrix area, gonna have them redo it, cos that one really very unsightly. if my vkool film starts peeling off the dot matrix area too, i'm going to 3M liao.

I had mine done at infratint by Sherman and his team. Very professional, and my car looks great now :D

Yes, because the bubble is visible whenever I look at my left side mirror, quite distracting for me and dun tink I have live with it, did not notice any dust particles though, hopefully it'l dry up. I have replaced it (also vkool) before in my previous ride, I'll rather not do it unless no choice becos they'l have to tear it and clean the window all over again...quite messy..

motorknut;423045 said:
is it so unsightly that you'd wanna let them redo the job? my vkool job not done well either (but not at toh guan) and i would rather live with any small dust bubble than let them touch my cars again. the stupid film costs less than the damage they can do to your car. I learnt this the hard way. So unless u really cannot tahan the blemish, i'd suggest to just leave it.

one family car is also on coolnlite. the film started to peel off the dot matrix area, gonna have them redo it, cos that one really very unsightly. if my vkool film starts peeling off the dot matrix area too, i'm going to 3M liao.

Anyone experience light refraction problem on the rear windscreen at night? The headlights from the cars behind will be reflected at each demister line so sometimes you can't tell how many cars are behind.. The folks at CNL says its normal cos the demister lines are very thick so there will be gaps around the lines. Can anyone confirm this problem or they just did a bad job on my car?

dtan29;424928 said:
Anyone experience light refraction problem on the rear windscreen at night? The headlights from the cars behind will be reflected at each demister line so sometimes you can't tell how many cars are behind.. The folks at CNL says its normal cos the demister lines are very thick so there will be gaps around the lines. Can anyone confirm this problem or they just did a bad job on my car?

never heard of such issue b4
:screwedu: thickness of yr tint maybe too much

Need some update here, seeking advice.

Does the new solar film still need to cut a hole at the IU?

Normally they remove ur iu, camera, decals...
Then after film is done then paste it back

Depends on which brand you go for, Vkool need cut hole at IU. Cool n Lite no need.

I did the 3M and didn't have to cut hole for the IU, so far no issue.

But can feel it's slow in detection by ERP and carpark.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500ae88cc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back