Window Tint, which brand Huper Optik, Vkool, Cool n lite, 3M

Re: Window Tint, which brand Huper Optik, Vkool, Cool n lite, 3M

kenntona;242558 said:
The contact person is Halim, Eurospecs K70 - Front standard Rear VK70 with 94% heat rejection and 99% UV rejection. According to him, the coupe has a slight greenish tint on the side windows - hence the premier package will not go well.

BTW, there is a difference between which shop (within same brand umbrella) - ask around. General consensus is that some shops are more careful, other are less - hence you will have to watch for the way they protect your car in the process......

great, i am also very particular with details and how they touch my car. will definitely go down to had some 1st hand experience. kam sia kam sia :) beers on me if I can go Karaoke session.

Dezzy;242562 said:
I was also about to add that for BMWs, do get the greenish tint to go with our cars... else I feel it is a bit OTT.

Acupunch, we can do together if can get cheaper... I am quite firm on Vkool.

sure Dezzy, but haven't decided on any yet! Are u in the hurry. cos I wish to view all this places and product before deciding which one.

mine is all green tint. wanna see some pic?

pls post. let the pics do the talking

i thought u going to comex??

later i go take a few and post

I am not in a hurry.... take your time and give me your final verdict. No worries if it is no Vkool as long as good workmanship, can reject heat and don't look like bengmobile can liao.

Dezzy;242596 said:
I am not in a hurry.... take your time and give me your final verdict. No worries if it is no Vkool as long as good workmanship, can reject heat and don't look like bengmobile can liao.

will do... let me go do my homework.

let me guess....X3??

went to TOH GUAN to check out cool n lite. the price are good. Same specs as Hitmee. but that specs its not close to Vkools. Of course prices wise its cheap than Vkool by 30%.

Went TOH GUAN and SIM MING to check out Vkool. Halim at SIM MING is very nice dudes, offered me a trial vKool flim installed on my front passenger window (left side). His quotes somehow more expensive than what Kenn's paid for his car and TOH GUAN brand.

Bro Kenn, got some question for u. Do u find the V70 its too light? I prefered the V40 but its $200 more. As mine its lemon interior I was worried that after installed, I can't see the different. Never really pay attention to your's windows tint during meet up, looking at your rims most of the time. :) Do u have any pics of your window tint in day light? can post it?

Hitmee, whers your windows tint pics? post le...

acupunch, it is an X3.

Since your interior is lemon, you must remember that the tint would distort the colour of your interior when viewed from outside if you use a diff color tint. That is the reason I would not want too dark or diff color tint as it will change the overall appearance of the car.

So how is the v70 performing?

one thing i forgotten to add, if u going for LTA compliance, VKOOL front rejection is 75%. back is 99%. unless u are willing to go non compliance, else no matter what brand u choose is around the same rejection for front 3 pieces of windows.

here are my pics:
01092007174.jpg

01092007176.jpg

01092007175.jpg

01092007177.jpg

how lian...purposely must show the 335i badge right... :evil:

urs is F430 lei.... what is 335 to you?

hitmee, that is a nice ride. Chio

thanks Dezzy.....are u m/f?

Er... what is m/f, I hope is not what I thought.

hitmee;243107 said:
one thing i forgotten to add, if u going for LTA compliance, VKOOL front rejection is 75%. back is 99%. unless u are willing to go non compliance, else no matter what brand u choose is around the same rejection for front 3 pieces of windows.

here are my pics:

thanks for the pics, appreciated indeed your effort. from the pics of yours look like its CNL 80 on the front 3 piece and CNL63 for the rear 3 pieces.
I'm not very sure what u mean by non LTA compliant, is it rejection of lights? 75% on the front and 25% on the rear?

here are spec comparison between Vkool for Eurospec package and Cool n Lite Premium Package

CnL Front 3-pieces
Visible Light Transmission 86%
Infrared Rejection 80%
UV Rejection 99%
Total Solar Energy Rejection 38%

Vkool front windscreen X75
Visible Light Transmission 77.0%
Visible Light Reflectance 9.5 %
Ultra-Violet Rejection (UV) 99.0%
Infra-red Rejection 77.0%
Total Solar Energy Rejection 45.0%
Shading Coefficient 0.63

Vkool front 2 door J83
Visible Light Transmission 83.0%
Visible Light Relfectance 7.0%
Shading Coefficient 0.80
Infrared Transmittance 57.0%
Total Solar Energy Rejection 31.0%
Ultraviolet Rejection (UV) 99.0%

CnL CNL 63 for rear 3 pieces
Visible Light Transmission 63%
Infrared Rejection 95%
UV Rejection 99%
Total Solar Energy Rejection 66%

or CNL25
Visible Light Transmission 28%
Infrared Rejection 95%
UV Rejection 99%
Total Solar Energy Rejection 65%

Vkool rear V70
Visible Light Transmission 70.0%
Visible Light Reflectance 8.0%
Infra-red Rejection 94.0%
Total Solar Energy Rejection 55.0%
Shading Coefficient 0.5

or V40
Visible Light Transmission 43.0%
Visible Light Reflectance 10.0%
Infra-red Rejection 98.0%
Total Solar Energy Rejection 65.0%
Shading Coefficient 0.42

definite want to be on the LTA compliant spec. cause I need to drive through woodland checkpoint everyday.

Dezzy;243008 said:
acupunch, it is an X3.

Since your interior is lemon, you must remember that the tint would distort the colour of your interior when viewed from outside if you use a diff color tint. That is the reason I would not want too dark or diff color tint as it will change the overall appearance of the car.

So how is the v70 performing?

haven't really got a chance to feel it yet! cos was raining and cloudy all weekend. BTW the trail film installed on my window was X75, which is suppose to be installed on the front wind screen. So are u on lemon interior too?

Hey bro, mine no lemon. I am on light brown. Don't know the exact color code.

BTW, i will be on biz trip this week so only next week will be better timing should you decide to do. I checked friends 5er on CNL, it is a dark tint. I heard they still have one using green tint but more ex.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuoclaaaaa

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back