Windshield Wipers

jvhuiz

hi guys n gals,

anyone knows where and which wipers to get as replacement for the OE ones?

it's been almost 1 1/2 years, thinking of changing them to get rid the rubbing sounds when used.

well, brand and price for the replacements for BMW E92 325.

ray

Re: Windshield Wipers

Call Eng Soon. For E90, they are selling $60 (German Brand) and $75 (BMW original)....

is there anyway, we can change just the rubber instead of the whole blade? i used to do that with my Audi.. it is way cheaper than changing the whole blade...

anyone done it before? where and how much huh?

sorry for the mouthful of questions.

henry2703;432668 said:
is there anyway, we can change just the rubber instead of the whole blade? i used to do that with my Audi.. it is way cheaper than changing the whole blade...

anyone done it before? where and how much huh?

sorry for the mouthful of questions.

For E90,320i the clips at both end of the blade have to be removed in order to change the rubber. According to Autobac, they used to just change the rubber for 320i but stopped now as the clips, once opened, will come off easily and will damage the windscreen....not worth taking the risk...

yup azrielsc,

it's a e92 325, can't find the parts at your usual PIAA, Rain-x website. have you changed yours yet?
would like to get something better quality and actually works!!!

320i, any idea what's the german and OE brands are?

thanks

jvhuiz;432794 said:
yup azrielsc,

it's a e92 325, can't find the parts at your usual PIAA, Rain-x website. have you changed yours yet?
would like to get something better quality and actually works!!!

320i, any idea what's the german and OE brands are?

thanks

Eng Soon just quoted me "German brand" or "Original". Didn't ask as my wiper is ok now after cleaning the rubber with some glass cleaner.....

I find the original wipers to be great! S$75 every 2 years is nothing compared to getting nice streak-free windscreen. :)

Azrielsc;432886 said:
I find the original wipers to be great! S$75 every 2 years is nothing compared to getting nice streak-free windscreen. :)

Agreed - and don't go to PML.

I was lazy to make the trip to Eng Soon - and was charged $110 plus $11 installation when I asked PML to change during servicing. Their percentage profit on wipers must be higher than their cars!

yup,

$75/pair at eng soon. will be getting them, hope it's a easy DIY.

thanks guys

my wipers are juddering seriously. after spraying the wiper fluid it becomes better. more wiper fluid -> better.
after awhile it start to judder again especially in small rain. spray wiper fluid again.
when the car was new (1st week), the wiper swiping was so smooth that i don't even notice the wiper sound.
i did not apply anything such as rain-x on the windshield.

car is only 1 month old now. is this a factory defect or design flaw ?

how old is your car now? I had the same problem when mine was about 1-2months old and PML changed the wipers FOC....

ok. will ask PML to change the wipers. thanks !

320i;434177 said:
how old is your car now? I had the same problem when mine was about 1-2months old and PML changed the wipers FOC....

I need to get a pair of wipers soon. Could someone fwd me the contact details of Eng Soon? I am trying to look for it at the "Workshop" section but the website page did not load.

Many thanks.

gunship;434205 said:
I need to get a pair of wipers soon. Could someone fwd me the contact details of Eng Soon? I am trying to look for it at the "Workshop" section but the website page did not load.

Many thanks.

Eng Soon Auto Pte Ltd - Home > more than 30 brands and over 30,000 items of spare parts, leading distributor for BMW autoparts, importer & exporter for BMW, Mini and Mercedes auto spares, sole agent and distributor for MKB products in China, Hong Kon

jvhuiz;433066 said:
yup,

$75/pair at eng soon. will be getting them, hope it's a easy DIY.

thanks guys

Bro, can give the contact no. of Eng Soon : Want to change my wiper for my E60.:cool:

JLRolex;435072 said:
Bro, can give the contact no. of Eng Soon : Want to change my wiper for my E60.:cool:

Eng Soon Auto Pte Ltd
1090, 1092 & 1094, Serangoon Road,
Singapore 328192
Tel: (65) 6291 7775 (8 lines)
Fax: (65) 6298 2670 / (65) 6392 8083
Email: [email protected]

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back