Wiper Fluid level indicator

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
This stupid indicator keep popping up saying level is low despite having added like 1.5 litres of water/fluid. :wtf: ?

Actually what is the volume capacity of the wiper fluid tank.

Re: Wiper Fluid level indicator

same for me too........
sickening man

yeah - i hate that low washer fluid indicator, it has a mind of its own. sometimes if i am on a steep incline or decline it goes off even though i've just topped it up...

ya i have the same problem too... stupid indicator came on, top up liao, still come on after a few days when i didn't use any wiper fluid.

this time round i really top up until gao gao... see whether it still come on or not...

Azrielsc;452484 said:
Its about 4-5L. The tank is just behind your right front fender.

Wah:shock: ...why do I need 4 to 5 litres?
Anyway to reset that thing to chime only when u are down to below 1 litres?:helpp!:

No there isn't a way to reset. Its controlled by a sensor in the water tank that indicates water level. I get that all the time, irritating but liveable. :)

Ahbengdriver;452770 said:
Wah:shock: ...why do I need 4 to 5 litres?
Anyway to reset that thing to chime only when u are down to below 1 litres?:helpp!:
ABD, juz go to Guardian & buy a few bottle of 1 liter distilled water. Fill it up slowly until fender start to leak water. It means overfilled.

I ve added water like close to 4 litres in total at least.... the indicator is still coming on :helpp!:
:wtf: is happening? Must something be rest or some of the water added was leaked out:sickinbe:

dude the wiper fluid indicator is frigging stupid one. I topped mine up to full until the water come out. Use 2 squirts the frigging thing came on again!

next time i go for service i ask pml if can got any solution or not.

I thought to fill it up all the way, you will see the water level at the entry hole with the plastic cover. would it simply over flow if you overfill it? so it never becomes full until you can see the water level?

A bit off-track but on the e46, the sensor is linked to the motor pump - change the pump and cure the prob....

not sure if its the same for the e90's.

I have the same problem recently. No matter how much water I put in 2 days later the alert will be on again. Have called to make a booking for the car to be checked. Will update the findings by PML when done.

Ahbengdriver;474316 said:
A leak was discovered and fixed. No problem liao.

An intelligent car after all Ah Beng! ;)

have to fill at lease half of the tank! if u didnt use it for a few day it pop up again,maybe u have to check the sensor or the tank is it got problem! some time is sensor spoil,some time is tank leak. this is commen problem for BMW!

Hi, for all u guys who encounter this problem.... there a possibility that the wiper tank might be crack.

My car was repaired at PML. The motor pump was replaced. Best to get it rectified as it is covered under warranty. No more alert for the past 2 days.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back