Woes of the M Performance Exhaust!!

gotham88

Just to share a bit of my frustration...

Placed and order/deposit for the M Performance Exhaust for my F30 328i from PML. Was told to send in my car yesterday for installation.

Was told car will be there for 2 days as the package includes PML sending the car to LTA for approval. Was told that the exhaust had been approved many times on the F30. All excited to get my ride back today...but alas....

Got a call from PML this morning to say that LTA rejected the mod!!! Reason was not clear why except PML said there was some "mis-communications"???? Told me that they will re-install my stock exhaust back and they will have to sort out the approval process with LTA - which may take a few months... Asked me if I want to leave my deposit there and install the exhaust when it is approved. If I want a refund - will take 2-3 weeks!!

The caller from PML (I won't identify him) was very nice and courteous on the phone BUT my questions are:

1) How can PML sell an item that's not clearly approved for use by LTA?
2) Why is it I have to wait a few weeks to get back my deposit if I chose not to wait a few months to proceed with my purchase.
3) LTA approval process - why the inconsistency? Apparently, they approved the exhaust before...

Sorry folks - just venting. I was really looking forward to having the exhaust installed....

Re: Woes of the M Performance Exhaust!!

my sympathies. sounds like a bad experience to go through with and frustration with PML is certainly warranted,

Brother....r u buying muffler? or whole system?
Muffler is approved by LTA for 328i M Performance exhaust.
I got mine from MA....no problem....swee swee...with LTA approved letter.

If PML refund you.....you can try MA and they will do the rest for you. PEACE OF MIND.

Bro BMWM3 - muffler only!

That's what I heard - Munich Auto and even PML had previous cases approved. PML claimed that they only submitted for 320 before and mine was the first 328 that they are submitting....

Damn frustrating!! Anyway - happy yours was sorted. Will PM u for some details if you don't mind!

gotham88;1088912 said:

That's what I heard - Munich Auto and even PML had previous cases approved. PML claimed that they only submitted for 320 before and mine was the first 328 that they are submitting....

Damn frustrating!! Anyway - happy yours was sorted. Will PM u for some details if you don't mind!

Bro! J here .

Omg. :(

Hope your issues will get settled asap .

I don't think there's a full system available for M performance . Only muffler .

Yo J! How are you doing my friend!

Thanks - I hope it gets settled soon too. PML has asked that I give them a few weeks to work on the issue with LTA.

Cheers!

ShaunJeremy;1088932 said:
Bro! J here .

Omg. :(

Hope your issues will get settled asap .

I don't think there's a full system available for M performance . Only muffler .

After fitting M Performance exhaust (so called retro fitted), do NOT expect the sound to be loud like those M cars. You would only hear a VERY loud sound during cold start (make you steam for a few second in d morning) and later sound back to stock.

However, when you set to ECO PRO mode or Comfort Mode (REV to 3,000rpm) you can ONLY heard a slight louder (very low frequency) voom sound (make you shiok for a few second while on the road).

So don't expect loud sound from M Performance exhaust MUFFLER.

Woes of the M Performance Exhaust!!

A few of us fitted ours at MA, half day including install and LTA inspection, no issues lei.

Sorry to hear that. Hope this gets settled soon.

I think will get louder over time ...... Especially after a few heavy rains .....

BMWM3;1088962 said:
After fitting M Performance exhaust (so called retro fitted), do NOT expect the sound to be loud like those M cars. You would only hear a VERY loud sound during cold start (make you steam for a few second in d morning) and later sound back to stock.

However, when you set to ECO PRO mode or Comfort Mode (REV to 3,000rpm) you can ONLY heard a slight louder (very low frequency) voom sound (make you shiok for a few second while on the road).

If your is the first one then it will take months and a thousand photos .... If MA has done it before - switch to MA and then get your refund back from PML ....

gotham88;1088912 said:

BMWM3;1088962 said:

Or either that , set sports or sports + mode and the sound will be more distinctive :)

It also needs some running in for the sound to be more pronounced too .

Mine howls quite deep actually!

LOL. You guys are making me even more anxious to get the exos done ASAP so that I can experience it myself! Fingers and toes crossed!

Just wondering how much does the F30 328 M Performance Exhaust cost in Singapore? TIA, I am from Malaysia.

Haha. ShaunJeremy, how can compare to your car? Yours is a ///M235i leh.

Surely different sound man. :shakemyb:

ShaunJeremy;1088973 said:
Or either that , set sports or sports + mode and the sound will be more distinctive :)

It also needs some running in for the sound to be more pronounced too .

Mine howls quite deep actually!

Do your body kit....change 19" rim make sure u got a nice offset flush with the side skirt ...get spoiler....change suspension lowered 10mm.....that the first tier of sporty look F30

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalalive3id
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back