Worst Service - Simota distributor

hitmee

i am so fed up with the dfistributor of Simota, Avantgarde Automotive. They promised to deliver my CAI end of JUne and till this week still no news. Every week i call them is the same thing, packaging list is in, confirm next week can give you. pui!

I will wait one more week and if still not in, i will take back my deposit.

any other open pod CAI to recommend? MGruppe i know liao. too exp.
i want it loud!

Re: Worst Service - Simota distributor

Keep it stock, better, trust me.

stock doesnt sound inspiring at all. ha ha

TripleM said:
Keep it stock, better, trust me.

I found the stock airbox pretty good as well. Despite having the gruppeM before. Do get it cleaned regularly. Got mine done at BVO. There was a fair amount of dirt that had collected near the bottom of the filter. Initial reaction was literally :"Yuck.."

Oh ya, i suspect the owner didn't clean it after 2yr 8 months usage till i bought the car. Maybe that's why. He had sent it for Inspection 1 or 2 just prior me buying.

I got a opportunity to speak to Rob from DMS Tunning and he was telling me that it is not suitable for us to change to open cone considering our kind of weather here. He personally recommend to keep the stock box and if u really want to change just put in a K&N drop in filter enough liao.

Cheers!
:)

in e46fanatics, someone did this:

I found removing the cap on the airfilter gives you quite a plesurable engine note, the induction noise sounds best around 3500 - 4500rpm..

Also noticed the engine revvs up a hell of a lot faster.. the stock setup is quite sh!t, if you spend the time unbolting the afm and removing all 7 frikin screws from the airbox just to get the bloody cap off, you'll see what i mean

No need for an after market intake, the stock ones fine when you remove the cap and foam wrapping around the filter.

Check the pic below, is 100% water proof to

what do you guys think?

yes, fitted K&N drop in filter after installing my sebring exhaust on my valvetronic.... the before and after is really noticeable. My personal view is that K&N enough already, it's already a cone filter. The car now revs up to 6500rpm with ease :)

CSS said:
yes, fitted K&N drop in filter after installing my sebring exhaust on my valvetronic.... the before and after is really noticeable. My personal view is that K&N enough already, it's already a cone filter. The car now revs up to 6500rpm with ease :)

where to get K&N filter huh? may be i will do just that....
how much is it?

keeping it stock is a very good thing, it actually works better then open pod..

or you can get the helene filter from Louis. I think RaptureM3 is organising a groupbuy

Welbo said:
I got a opportunity to speak to Rob from DMS Tunning and he was telling me that it is not suitable for us to change to open cone considering our kind of weather here. He personally recommend to keep the stock box and if u really want to change just put in a K&N drop in filter enough liao.

Cheers!
:)

Absolutely correct.................

how does our local temperature affect the open cone filter performance?

hitmee said:
i am so fed up with the dfistributor of Simota, Avantgarde Automotive. They promised to deliver my CAI end of JUne and till this week still no news. Every week i call them is the same thing, packaging list is in, confirm next week can give you. pui!

I will wait one more week and if still not in, i will take back my deposit.

any other open pod CAI to recommend? MGruppe i know liao. too exp.
i want it loud!

Just to share, I had a similar experience with them 1 yr ago... Lucky for me, nvr put down deposit....

I'm currently trying another source (Sung Beng Auto @ Eunos)... They offered a better price and are ordering the stuff for me... not sure whether they'll be able to get it though... My last resort would be Taiwan direct, if my wife happens to get a flight there...

Cheers,

Derek

i think the sung beng auto will get from avantgarde too. they are the local distributor.

tell me carbon fiber shortage! pui.

all i need is a brave sales man to tell me the actual eta date. else offer to refund me back. rather than drag it week by week. not professional at all,

i thought u only do hurraince? okie will look for u once i settle my simota issue.

yo andy bro.. why don't use Hurricane filter? J4C ot them... PM Seetoh lor....

I think some of the forummer has got good result with changing to K&N filter on the Valvetronic alone.

If u want to have it louder, drill a hole and allow more airflow into the box via the brake duct area.

If i remember correctly, Calvin aka Protigy did have very good result when he was having his Valvetronic

And it's true opening the stock box is a major PITA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back