• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTB: Alu interior panels for 5series E60 (where?)

Re: WTB: Alu interior panels for 5series E60 (where?)

Terry;196319 said:
my friend is there when i needed him... HAHA

CB LOR UR FRIEND IS ME LOR

thanks for all the comments/assistance fellas

True , that's why, the lacquering job is very important.

Even if it's matt silver, it can be lightly lacquered to give a coat of protection.

yo bobby, i see u have a m5 gear console..does the buttons work? whats the damage from mike?

bobbytay27;196222 said:
20122006311.jpg

HEY!!!throttle...why n0t take out the trims n spray paint it to the colours u like...mine is done this way as well as some others...:)
COST saving n u can choose to the colour u prefer...either mike or yew lip can do it...
try it u neber regret !!!!!!!:cloud9:
A PIC OF MY CAR INTERIOR TRIMS ADDED FOR UR REF!!

Throttle;196352 said:
True , that's why, the lacquering job is very important.

Even if it's matt silver, it can be lightly lacquered to give a coat of protection.

Bro, that's y those custom made like the CF or coloured panels are different.
I don't know but sure they are using different type of lacquer from paint shop.
If not why sprayed only $200 and custom made cost $1000?
Quality is what you paying for.
No offense but my 2 cents worth of thought.
CHEERs !!!

Never offended when truth is spoken, Friend.

Carbon fibre ones definitely will be good but for now i dont like that look on my Fiver.
Custom made cost $1000 becos they have to create injection moulds to make the panels so the cost is high. The cost is even higher if they use the particular color of chemical to make the panel, meaning that even if it gets scratched, the base color underneath is still the same.

Some custom made ones are also simply spray painted over. One deep scratch exposes the base color. If like that, I would rather simply spray it.

Spray paint cheap becos....................., it's just spray paint, haha, i use to spray my own helmet and bike parts too. In fact $200 is already expensive. You can almost get a whole bike resprayed and lacquered for $250.... If only i confidently knew how to remove the panels , I would send them to my racebike paintshop and get it done, maybe for $150?

But for convenience sake, if a shop can do it all under one roof, i'll pay.
Remove and install panels cost $120. Spraypaint $200 so total is $320, that's still ok....
As long as the result is reasonably solid, this will be my course of action.

Thanks fellas

Found original BMW brush aluminum trims.
made of real aluminum alloy, very very nice.......oooooohhhh

CF interior trim are not real CF...they are laminated with CF cloth... take a look at sample in real life and make the decision for urself if its worth it to laminate ur current existing one plus top up another $1000+++

painted interior panel are good enuff and lasting enuff...what u suppose to worry is not about panel getting scratched but whether the painter will do a good job and 100% no dimples... little swirlmarks and scratches can be polished off.... painting job is not expensive its the labour of taking it out that is expensive and E60 5er interior panel is very difficult to take out

original aluminium are real aluminium and not plastic and it is OEM stuff...that explains for the price...

go for what u like.... :)

M Wizard;196384 said:
Bro, that's y those custom made like the CF or coloured panels are different.
I don't know but sure they are using different type of lacquer from paint shop.
If not why sprayed only $200 and custom made cost $1000?
Quality is what you paying for.
No offense but my 2 cents worth of thought.
CHEERs !!!

Because custom trim margin is higher?

Anyway workmanship from mike is 2nd to none. Go take a look at the finishing of the sprayed trims....its fantastic

I called eng soon and they confirm that the actual aluminium alloy trim for E60 is $1150 nett but need to wait 1 month for stock.

Wah, seems like you have done a lot to the car already... and you only got it last week!!!

Anyway, enjoy the car....

BTW, you going to install a sun-roof?

huh?, i've done nothing yet except for the rims leh, dude....

i'm really looking forward to getting the trims replaced to complete the look.

cheers

Maybe can organise a little 5 get-together (TERRY!!!) and see what the others have done to their car.... over cigar, nonetheless.....

There's alot of things to do, you have only just began......

Can can, good idea. plse do it. I have much to learn about this car.....and who better to learn from .......other owners!

HEY!!!throttle...why n0t take out the trims n spray paint it to the colours u like...mine is done this way as well as some others...:)
COST saving n u can choose to the colour u prefer...either mike or yew lip can do it...
try it u neber regret !!!!!!!:cloud9:
A PIC OF MY CAR INTERIOR TRIMS ADDED FOR UR REF!![/QUOTE]

Hi, just a few Qs. Any issues with discolouration due to heat? how scratch resistant is spray painting???......

luv your piano black look!!!........

no friends, so will pay the labour cost if getting it done. hee.

Hi Osprey, why not get the actual aluminum trims instead.
the look and feel of real metal inside a car will be really cool.
moreover, confirm no problem with heat or discoloration issues

hi,

Agree aluminum trim looks nice, but am looking for a "dark" interior look instead. So its either spray piano black or black carbon fibre.

decisions, decisions.

will go eng soon chk out the alu trim when it arrives to have a "feel" too.

have you ordered yours???......

Don't worry about discolouration. The paint is made to withstand external temperatures, so being in side the car, it leads a sheltered life.

As for the scratch resistance, yes, they are more prone to scratching than real aluminium trims, but not much more so than your original lacquered wooden trims. So, unless you have nails that are penknife sharp and like to carress your interior with them, you should not have much more difficulty taking care of them as compared to the original trim.

osprey;197054 said:
hi,

Agree aluminum trim looks nice, but am looking for a "dark" interior look instead. So its either spray piano black or black carbon fibre.

decisions, decisions.

will go eng soon chk out the alu trim when it arrives to have a "feel" too.

have you ordered yours???......

I see....., yes if looking for the dark look, black intricate CarbonFibre is great...
I've just order mine $1,176 inclusive of GST. Eng soon does not keep stock so you may have to go to PML parts to get a feel..... or wait for me to get mine fitted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back