X1 - the Good & the Bad

Re: X1 - the Good & the Bad

Hi toot,

thanks for the heads up... :)

Have tried such "add on" b4 on my other rides and the results were quite good... but as for the brand JuiceBox itself... havent tried... so backside itchy....

As for the monster-tune, i believe its a reflash of the ECU? I presume that it can be detected if i were to send my ride back to PML for any servicing or stuff that requires them to plug into our ECU.

There's another by Swiss-tuning... also similar to JuiceBox... price also the same... was considering that as well...

Give a real tune. A good tune is when somebody spends a day to do it and on a dyno machine. A before and after dyno should be done to prove the effectiveness. Enjoy bros!

snowmanyee;788610 said:
X1 is extremely popular in europe. Other than the rattling doors, its a good car to drive

not sure how popular it is here, total world wide sales are only around 280,000 units which is why there is now a massive discount programe under-way. You can get 20-25% of list is more dealers at the moment (and they are still not selling..)

BMW has a very loyal fan base but I believe they have problems attracting the general pubic due to the very hard ride in most vehicles. Our brand new X1 is a real bone shaker and very uncomfortable once you take it out of the city and put it on a motorway for a few hours.

The Audi Q3 and Range Rover evoque are hammering the BMW X1 in europe. They have more features as standard and are much more comfortable to drive. The BMW only wins on being faster, more power per cc but that does appeal much to its target segment of young family/ women wanting a smaller SUV.

golilok;788640 said:
Interior got too plasticky not?

agreed but you can put the design cool package (the oyster leather with black shown in the catalogues) and it transforms the car into a luxury vehicle (though the road vibrations and engine noise are still there..)

greenfunk;788645 said:
i got the 18i. i feel like quite underpowered especially when over taking. But if just cruising normally it's sufficient.
The petrol consumption on my car is about 11.9l/100km. Which i thought is quite high.
Although petrol consumption so high, I pump petrol once every 2 weeks only.

WOW! That is double my manual sdrive18. Do you use START/STOP? Do you accelerate hard from stops in the city?

ek4auto;799884 said:
After driving the X1 for a couple of months, my better half told me she is still not used to the heavy steering (at low speed) and low seating position. So she has taken over my Tiguan, and I am now stuck with the X1 - smart girl! I miss my 200hp Tiguan but slowly appreciating the X1's attributes.

my wife also does not like the heavy steering. apparently, the BMW old X1 used old-style hydraulic steering but the new X1 will be all EPS.

X1blue;867161 said:
WOW! That is double my manual sdrive18. Do you use START/STOP? Do you accelerate hard from stops in the city?

X1blue;867152 said:
Sdrive 18d on board reporting 6,1/ 100km mixed over last 600km

isit because yours is 18d? how can compare lidat with 18i? :errmm:

X1blue;867157 said:
not sure how popular it is here, total world wide sales are only around 280,000 units which is why there is now a massive discount programe under-way. You can get 20-25% of list is more dealers at the moment (and they are still not selling..)

US just started selling after the launch of this car 3 years ago. Demand was strong in Europe and they had no capasity left for US market. the last batch was on clearance because the new facelift has been in production since july 2012.

X1blue;867157 said:
The Audi Q3 and Range Rover evoque are hammering the BMW X1 in europe. They have more features as standard and are much more comfortable to drive. The BMW only wins on being faster, more power per cc but that does appeal much to its target segment of young family/ women wanting a smaller SUV.

the a3 costs sgd 20k more and the evoque sgd90k more...

Meek;867165 said:
isit because yours is 18d? how can compare lidat with 18i? :errmm:

opps. yes, I missed the 'i'. Most cars in Europe are diesel, so I think think about petrol consumption. Deisel here is around 1,40 euros and petrol 1,30 but the consumption is very different. The new diesels are much cleaner, the X1 18d has OC2 at 139g.

Meek;867169 said:
US just started selling after the launch of this car 3 years ago. Demand was strong in Europe and they had no capasity left for US market. the last batch was on clearance because the new facelift has been in production since july 2012.
I believe the vast majority of the components are the same for the 'old' and 'new' X1. The cars are build to order with dealers putting in generic builds in the production line until the they have clients with specific configurations. Our X1 has around 20 options in it.

Meek;867169 said:
the a3 costs sgd 20k more and the evoque sgd90k more...
Here too there is big price difference as these are more premum cars. All car makers in Europe are having a tough time but interestingly Audi, Mercedes and Range Rover wont give you more than a few thousand euros off a car selling between 30 and 45,000. Only BMW is discounting heavily in an attempt to get market share. We were able to get free options and cash discounts, in the end this was a factor in choosing the X1 for us.

X1blue;867191 said:
Here too there is big price difference as these are more premum cars. All car makers in Europe are having a tough time but interestingly Audi, Mercedes and Range Rover wont give you more than a few thousand euros off a car selling between 30 and 45,000. Only BMW is discounting heavily in an attempt to get market share. We were able to get free options and cash discounts, in the end this was a factor in choosing the X1 for us.

Thats why nowadays BMW is starting to lose its prestige and aftersales service deteriorate due to high volume of cars sold. Resale value also drop. Can you believe dealer offered me $33k below cost price of my car just after 6 mths. Ridiculous!

Last edited by a moderator:

snowmanyee;867387 said:
Thats why nowadays BMW is starting to lose its prestige and aftersales service deteriorate due to high volume of cars sold. Resale value also drop. Can you believe dealer offered me $33k below cost price of my car just after 6 mths. Ridiculous!

Actuaries in London put first year loss on Mercedes and BMW as around 26%, Audi is 3rd with 22%. I have heard that BMW offers less than this as soon as it leaves the showroom.. It's another myth that promotes BMW, along with great service, quality builds, great mechanics.. The X1 is no better in build and mechanics than cars costing half its price, add a very uncomfortable ride and its hard to put this anywhere near the 'premium crossover category'. It belongs with the Nissan Qashqai and Ford Ka, both of which rider better. The BMW does take corners better than the Qashqai , if only I could spend all day taking corners...

snowmanyee;867387 said:

Because they are vultures!
Why don't you KS the car? :)

Hi guys I m thinking of getting the new X1. Any more feedbacks about the car?

X1 - the Good & the Bad

Sinaz;947612 said:
Hi guys I m thinking of getting the new X1. Any more feedbacks about the car?

i am driving the old x1. what kind of feedback are you looking for?

problems faced. other than the seat height. is it worth buying and such

Sinaz;947851 said:
problems faced. other than the seat height. is it worth buying and such

Worth is very subjective.

I am enjoying my ride.

Meek;947857 said:
Worth is very subjective.

I am enjoying my ride.

Sart........