X3 Experience

Nigel

In the recent weeks, there have been a sudden surge in the number of X3 in the resale market and these are just couple of months old.... dun understand why the owners are offloading them when the cars are so new :huhhuh: :huhhuh:

Are there problems with the X3? Am thinking of getting one but thinking twice now 'cos not sure if there are issues with this model....

Who love to hear from all the beemer lovers in this forum... especially present X3 owners.

Many thanks for your comments!

Re: X3 Experience

Cld they be demo cars?

the reviews for it aint that hot. personally i think they look just fine especially those with the body kit. prob easier to get around than the behemoth x5

Demo car?

Wouldn't PML sell these demo cars themselves? these are currently all in the hands of different dealers leh....

Actually they are demo cars, not sold by customers. All done abt 3-4k km, 5 mths old. Asking $148k. Went to see them at Commonwealth Used Car Mart. PML actually went to register loads of cars a few months back when their sales were bad and now they are offloading them in the used car market. I wouldnt be surprised if in the next few months, we are going to see 5 mths old E90 320i in the used car market. That would be a good time to snap them up. I reckon it should be easily $15k off a new E90 for a relatively new E90, not bad :)

Coldplay said:
PML actually went to register loads of cars a few months back when their sales were bad and now they are offloading them in the used car market.

boy are they trying to hold on to the dealership...

am driving the X3 for a few months already. drives great, although i am having intermittent problem with the side mirror not tilting back to drive position after reversing in parking mode. getting only 14+ liter/100km only though.

Wah! That's a damn aggressive approach that they have taken... but why do they have to register their demo cars??

Man... they are desperate.... might as well sell at cheaper rate and increase volume...

Honestly, I have no idea why they wanna do that, that's wat the used car dealer told me but he could just be smoking me to assure me the X3's are fine, haha. Actually, I dun really believe all the things that these dealers say, take it with a pinch of salt, if like the car, buy, if not dun buy. Anyway, $148k is still too expensive for me :-( altho I do like it a lot.

Or to overtake Merc resoundingly on the luxury car sales statistics, which I note they already have - as of 1H 2005.

But my response to PML will be this: Get real man.

i went down to the car mart to check out one of the advertised X3. Checked the fuel consumption and the OBC is showing 13L/100km. I was quite dissapointed with the reading but the dealer convinced me it has such a reading because itz not driven around often enuf. I bought his idea....

I came back and saw your posting, so itz true that it is such a fuel guzzler. I am thinking twice now. In this ever-increasing fuel-cost situation now, I am particularly concerned with fuel efficiency, logic rules over emotion for now....(it is actually my wife that gave me a spank on the back of my head when i was about to take my chequebook out)

Guess I will give this car a miss..... sigh.... It actually quite a impressive looking car.

Cheers!

flyboy

Could it be that a face lifted model is coming out soon? Also, with the latest COE dropping to $11K, a new X3 will probably be just over $180K? Selling a May 05 registered X3 at $148K represents about $30K savings. No idea whether this is worthwhile or not.

Actually I got interested when I saw the $148K ad by the car dealers, thinking that I might trade in my wife's just over 2 yrs old Harrier. The things that attract me to the X3 are: the BMW designed 4WD system, safety and V6 engine. On the negative side: heavy weight, high FC, reliability and high costs of repairs at Perf Motors.

I know the X3 is miles better than the Harrier, and thus would costs much more. What I'm not sure is whether $148K is a good price for a 5 month old X3. Welcome comments and advice from bros in this forum.

The new X3 is about $168K now and the used X3 is $144K.

The dealer called me back and wanr\ted to confirm the deal but I was quite angry with him in calculating the wrong depreciation per year. He told me its about 11.5K per year but i calculated to be about 12.9!!

Based on my 318 fuel capacity and fuel consumption figures, I reckon that with a 2.5L tank, my full tank will cost around $120-$140 (anybody care to correct me)...... freak me out!!!

Guess I am just a middle-income frugal car driver.... too much for me to take!

Flyboy,

Thanks for correcting me on the price of a new X3 - at $168K. In checking thru the past transactions, I read that in May 2005, it was selling at $165K. I also noticed many dealers, particularly those at Commonwealth Ave, have been disposing Mar/May 2005 X3s at just over $140K. So, essentially there's a saving of abot $20K to buy a 5 months old X3 - not that great actually! Perf Motors is still making a nice profit in flogging off these demo units!

Hi Guys,

PML is selling brand new X3 2.5l at S$160K, not S$168K, the S$160K is including 3 years or 90K free servicing.

For a May 2005 selling at S$140K+, is not worth while at all if you go into detail calculation (interest rate, free servicing and etc).

............And when you buy used these days, there's also the transfer fee; higher interest rates vs new; admin fee (of the dealer's) and an interest rebate that you'll have to pay back to the dealer if your banker says to pay in full instead of taking a loan thru the dealer. Methinks its better to buy new when compared to the nearly new. But if you have to really buy it used, make sure the negotiated price is OTR; driveaway price.................

Gosh! $160K! How low will it keep going.....

maybe I will consider again if it drops below $120K.... hee hee

BTW, the transfer fees is about $3000+, for those who are interested.

Guys,

Thanks for the latest prices; $140K+ is definitely not a good deal once you take into consideration all the other transfer associated costs. $160K for a new X3 seems attractive; got to figure out whether it is worth trading in my wife's Harrier!

In looking at some of the X3 Pics, I noticed there is a big "hump" on the back row - the transmission tunnel. This is a big negative as it makes the middle seat on the back row virtually useless for long drives into Msia. Hmm... have to take a hard look......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wholesumparts

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back