Yew Lip or Sin Wee Chuan?

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've been with Mike.

His price comes with 99.5% assurance and grnt'e that your paint will match perfectly.

Yew Lip, heard they were pretty good at repairing rims and painting, but did hear of an case where paint colour weren't exactly the same. Might be pyschological...but if your damage area is large you might wanna spend abit more $ to have a worry free paintjob.

Wait and see what the others say about the both of them....

Thanks Ryan. Yeah I know from past experiences in Canada it's always best to get a paint shop you really trust

jaskin said:
Thanks Ryan. Yeah I know from past experiences in Canada it's always best to get a paint shop you really trust
Yeap i agree upon that.

Actually, there is another BMW paintshop you might be interested to check out and get a quote on.

It's "Ah Boon" at Ubi area. He does paint BMWs pretty well too. Check out the details in the workshop links.

If i were to list the top 2 paintshops i trust the most, it would be

1. Mike 2. Ah Boon

I've personally seen Ah boon work his magic too, and it was very good. Another thing to note is your color of your car... yours is steel grey, so it's important to get the correct colour code to match.

Go to any other "ja-pa-lang" workshop and they'll say "simi steel grey?". And we're not even talking about special M colours...

And lastly,

3. Yew Lip (because it's getting more popular with the members here since it was featured some time back...)

Good luck bro.

jaskin said:
Small job or small area, yew lip is good enough n do it until u r satified. But big job i must say go for another option! From kenntona n my passed experiences :)

Yep. Small jobs like touching up of stone chips or nicks, go for Yew Lip. If you are going to respray the entire bonnet, or door panels, go for Mike or Boon. Higher price, but better assurance of quality.

Cheers

BTW, Jason, didn't see you around the last meetup?

Hi pal,

My body kit was sprayed and installed by him. Perfect matched of color and good workmanship and after-sale support.

He knows BMW inside-out when comes to removing door panel etc to facilitate spray paint work. I think this is important because a un-skilled worker will probably leave a can of worms behind (eg. rattling sound.......etc)

btw, mine is steel blue in color....

I have no relation with Mike or so ever ......just wish to comment :)

Steven Wu

Hi Steven,

Heard Mike mention you before. YOu must be his fave customer :)

Kenn: The last meetup I never go because I fell sick! Because I was waxing my car for 3 hours the Saturday before!

Hi Jaskin,

Agreed with the rest; I do my rims curb rash n small area touch up at Yew Lip. Angie is a veri nice gal n helpful too. Prices are good too.

But when it comes to big jobs like changin of color or fitting of bumpers / bodykits, has to be Mike to maybe Boon la. I did both my E46 sedan kit n my E46 cabrio kit at Mike. Tip top condiiton n I muz say I am a fussy customer.

my 2 cents n also not related to Mike.

Cheers

ACSCAB2 said:
But when it comes to big jobs like changin of color or fitting of bumpers / bodykits, has to be Mike to maybe Boon la. I did both my E46 sedan kit n my E46 cabrio kit at Mike. Tip top condiiton n I muz say I am a fussy customer.

For once you did not mention nor boast about your Grandis......

Kenn,

It is good to be humble, like Racebred; he knows I drive Grandis n he still treat me as friend......life is good.

also, me no boast abt Grandis la; not boast but proud to tell pple I drive Grandis mah. This is called self-confidence la.

To RB: My lancer Evo9 sold also; quite junk now dat car although onli 2 years old; badly used n trashed. ekkeke. Now happily driving Grandis loh.

Cheers

Ivan,

I heard you just bought a 3.2 litres powderful car hor.......able to eat all 330 for lunch anytime.....when taxi ride.....:)

ACSCAB2 said:
Kenn,

It is good to be humble, like Racebred; he knows I drive Grandis n he still treat me as friend......life is good.

also, me no boast abt Grandis la; not boast but proud to tell pple I drive Grandis mah. This is called self-confidence la.

To RB: My lancer Evo9 sold also; quite junk now dat car although onli 2 years old; badly used n trashed. ekkeke. Now happily driving Grandis loh.

Cheers

TaGe

You know that I really look up to you. One day when I grow up, I hope that I will have as much self-confidence as you. In

By the way, what car will you be getting as replace your Evo9 as your "low-profile" car when you go to places that you do not want to be noticed? ;)

To Mixmaster: I thought of biddin a number for my Grandis but decided against it as it will serve tis important purpose of privacy.........i mean, who will take a 2nd look at a stock Grandis????

To Prof Wu: Pls dont tll pple my new transplanted engine in my Grandis leh......those TPL in our forum will be after me soon

To RB: Ever seen a Grandis track?

Cheers

ACSCAB2 said:
To Mixmaster: I thought of biddin a number for my Grandis but decided against it as it will serve tis important purpose of privacy.........i mean, who will take a 2nd look at a stock Grandis????

To Prof Wu: Pls dont tll pple my new transplanted engine in my Grandis leh......those TPL in our forum will be after me soon

To RB: Ever seen a Grandis track?

Cheers
Can taxi me this Sunday?

Hi Rodders,

Strange.....u want a taxi in a Grandis; ok, yr wish granted. will look 4 u tis Sun but too many new cars to bio tis Sun.......

Cheers

Just look for a tall big guy. That'll be me. I almost a Grandis myself before my current car.

TaGe

Rodders' bicep alone is a big as our neck. He is as solidly built as our friend, Motorenwerke. You better keep your word and give him his taxi-ride in your Grandis, otherwise, he will lift up and topple your Grandis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back