Yew Lip or Sin Wee Chuan?

Re: Yew Lip or Sin Wee Chuan?

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread in the future, and trying to decide who to go to, I am of the view you should choose Yew Lip over SWC.

I sent my car to SWC recently. Sprayed whole car. Very bad experience.

When I first sent it to Mike, he showed professionalism, picking up even the slightest misalignment under poor lighting condition. When I asked whether he can give me a better price, he admits he charges more but says guaranteed quality - not just knock and spray, he will realign properly etc.

But after the job was done, it was a different story.

First, he did not repair the same misalignment he pointed out. On top of that, he told me its very minor, said it can't be perfect. In fact, the misalignment was exactly the same as before. He did not even fix it. When he eventually agreed to do it, he said 2 -3 days and I realised he outsourced it. I.e. he outsourced it and didn't do quality control.

Secondly, he did not do a good job. The car gave a warning signal after I left the workshop, and had to go back again. They found that they replace back the computer system and wiring properly. Took another couple of days. After that, there was another problem with another one of the parts he replaced and we had to bring it in again, and he claims its not his responsibility even though that problem only happened almost immediately after leaving his workshop and he replaced the relevant parts. All in all, we brought the car in total of 3 times - each time have to leave the car there another few days. Plus the inconvenience of making multiple trips.

Thirdly, there was some parts where the paint job was abit patchy. Not entirely satisfactory. Again, he just waved it off.

I have never sent my car to Angie before, but she gives me a better feeling. She ran her hands on the body work of the car and was able to pick up misalignment under poor light as well. She seems to be more meticulous and takes pride in her job. She was willing to be more competitive on price. If I have to do another job, I will send it to Yew Lip.

And so your "unbiased" review is that although Yew Lip has not done any work for you before, but based on your bad experience with SWC, we should all believe you and go to Yew Lip?

wah so jialat ah, here is mine done by SWC, also "sprayed whole car", also was told by mike that "it can't be perfect", also "gave a warning signal after I left the workshop, and had to go back again", also "he just waved it off" when i offered to round up the bill i needed to pay him cos "he outsourced" the installation of the exhaust for me at no charges.

e60front.jpg

e60slant.jpg

e60low.jpg

e60rear.jpg

senocs;712496 said:
hi bros, dont mind me asking. I already got quotes from swc and yew lip.
are there any other recommended respray shops I should also get a quote from ? I'd like to get a few more quotes, thanks.

Bro,

Are you changing color? or re-sparying the same car?
Some thing else you may want to consider checking is the type of lacquer and paint they use whether it is water based paint or thinner mixed

There will be a difference in price in case you do not know!

I PM you the other workshops i am considering :)

tiggerwong21;769847 said:
I have never sent my car to Angie before, but she gives me a better feeling. She ran her hands on the body work of the car and was able to pick up misalignment under poor light as well. She seems to be more meticulous and takes pride in her job. She was willing to be more competitive on price. If I have to do another job, I will send it to Yew Lip.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........... :shock:

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread in the future, and trying to decide who to go to, I am of the view you should choose Yew Lip over SWC.

When I first sent it to Mike, he showed professionalism, picking up even the slightest misalignment under poor lighting condition. When I asked whether he can give me a better price, he admits he charges more but says guaranteed quality - not just knock and spray, he will realign properly etc.

First, he did not repair the same misalignment he pointed out. On top of that, he told me its very minor, said it can't be perfect. In fact, the misalignment was exactly the same as before. He did not even fix it. When he eventually agreed to do it, he said 2 -3 days and I realised he outsourced it. I.e. he outsourced it and didn't do quality control.

Secondly, he did not do a good job. The car gave a warning signal after I left the workshop, and had to go back again. They found that they replace back the computer system and wiring properly. Took another couple of days. After that, there was another problem with another one of the parts he replaced and we had to bring it in again, and he claims its not his responsibility even though that problem only happened almost immediately after leaving his workshop and he replaced the relevant parts. All in all, we brought the car in total of 3 times - each time have to leave the car there another few days. Plus the inconvenience of making multiple trips.

Thirdly, there was some parts where the paint job was abit patchy. Not entirely satisfactory. Again, he just waved it off.

first point , no way your car can be resprayed entirely within 2-3 days and none of Mike's customer ever got that reply from him , its at least a 14-20 days job. Mike is a paint shop , and why would he outsource it if he can does it himself ? i am a long time customer of Mike and his waiting time is long even for regulars , if he actually outsourced it there wont be any 'wait list' no ? and how much did he charge you i realised your entire post did not state $$$ issue at all.

2ndly what is your car? what colour ro what colour? did the engine bay sprayed too?

and what misalignment is this ? care to share some pictures?

and sorry but your last paragraph is entirely ridiculous , you said u have never been to Angie but you know she ran her hands on the bodywork of the car ? and able to pick up misalignment under poor lighting conditions ?

sorry but last paragraph is too bias and poorly written with contradicting points to make anyone believe that this is an honest review. I am not defending mike neither am i bashing yew lip but your 'complaint' seems a little too bias to be true. This coming from someone who has been customer for years and never a complaint.

well i suspect you have got the wrong Mike . you didnt went to the real Sin Wee Chuan

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yes, Angie is more chio too. Lau chio, to be precise. :woottt:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back