Yew Lip or Sin Wee Chuan?

Tanzy,

Walked past your house on Sunday (assumed that was your house cos of the Z4 in the driveway). Was at my patent's place and we did the lantern walk with the kids...

Nice car! Is the other bimmer outside yours as well? Can't remember but think it was a new 5?

jaskin,

I think it's illogical but it happens a lot in Singapore. The good thing is that the buyer doesn't need to know that there is a new coat of paint.

BorisRS,
Ya. That's the only Z4 in the estate and the 5 is my father's car.
Spoke to the current owner of SCP 811 yesterday. Small chat about car mods. Nice guy! Even he knows you are moving back.
Back to topic, I honestly think that M3 needs a new coat of paint.

But Gertz (sp?) is far more concerned about mechanical condition. He really does use the car pretty hard.

Funny cos the car used to be daytona violet (the launch colour which looks like Brinjal) and I couldnt stand it. So after 1 month and a minor incident, I had the perfect excuse to respray it Avus Blue. It was done at PML and was actually a very decent job.

If the car is still there (must be cos you recently took a picture) then the COE has been renewed as it is a July 94 car. Which means at least 1 E36 M3 will remain on our roads for the next 10 years.....Nice!

Try ADSM. Did a good job with a bad dent and scrape on my car. Very reasonable price too. The paintwork looks as good as original now.

I also tend to agree that the original paint on BMWs arn't great. Looks inhomogeneous sometimes. VW is better.

Just wanted to warn fellow bros...make sure the shop is able to give you a guarantee on the paint colour matching. I had my bumper strips done and the colour (white) din match and they gave me excuses like my car old, paint turn yellow....even asked me to wait a few weeks for the bumper strips to turn yellow too. My car was 1 week old!!
:screwedu:

could you post the name of the shop for the benefit of bmw-sg members?

I must first state that I am not affiliated to ASDM and has no vested interest in the company.

I confess that I'm a very 'ngiow' guy when it comes to my car's paintwork, but I must mention that ADSM did a very good repair job and colour match for my dark blue 730i when it was very badly dented and scratched. I even went back there to have a re-polishing done a couple of months later and they were able to accomodate me ASAP, no questions asked. The car now looks like new.

While your experience is bad, let's hope that it's just a one off thing and hopefully, due to miscommunication as well.

Mr Neo ( Say Yong ) attended to me all along. Call him. I'm sure that he would be able to fix your problem somehow.

Re: Yew Lip or Sin Wee Chuan?

jaskin;9178 said:
Hi Guys,

The time has come for me to cover up my two keyed marks my car. I would like to know opinions on the following paintshops. I have spoken to Mike and I think he's a nice guy with excellent services but the price he quoted for the same job is about $250 more than Yew Lip. How does Yew Lips paint job compare with Mike's work? Anyone with experience please share.

Thanks
Jason

Hi Jaskin,

true, like all the senior members said.....small area Yew Lip, bigger area (Mike)

cheers

ac323;545172 said:
Hi Jaskin,

true, like all the senior members said.....small area Yew Lip, bigger area (Mike)

cheers

I think Jason was referring to his prev ride... LONG exported or scrapped already. :shakehea:

axl;545195 said:
I think Jason was referring to his prev ride... LONG exported or scrapped already. :shakehea:

Ooops...................hahaha....

thanks
cheers

BC2710;545128 said:
Nobody does paint works better than Ah Long of TCL!

Any basis please show. Otherwise dun anyhow poon

MW;545267 said:
Any basis please show. Otherwise dun anyhow poon

lek...i second that. i hv had cars done by all 3. downside is long wait n price.

How long does mike take to respray just one panel such as a bonnet?

Bros, intererestingly :

I went to both SWC and Angie and asked for a quote for respray whole car.
Angie wasn;t around, so their other older guy quoted me.

In the end it turns Yew Lip's quote was quite a lot higher than SWC's quote.
Does this make sense ?
I thot Angie's price is usually more competitve ?

SWC is not cheap but his price is not that sky high one, it's comparable to other workshops
it's always a good idea to compare 2/3 workshops and see what deal you get

senocs;710335 said:
Bros, intererestingly :

I went to both SWC and Angie and asked for a quote for respray whole car.
Angie wasn;t around, so their other older guy quoted me.

In the end it turns Yew Lip's quote was quite a lot higher than SWC's quote.
Does this make sense ?
I thot Angie's price is usually more competitve ?

Last edited by a moderator:

small or big area I still go for SWC.... in temrs of pricing and quality I feel that they are better

hi bros, dont mind me asking. I already got quotes from swc and yew lip.
are there any other recommended respray shops I should also get a quote from ? I'd like to get a few more quotes, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back